P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone,

Lovely afternoon here too, just collected the dog from the groomers, car said it was 19 degrees. Clear blue skies, I have been sat out on the patio getting my vitamin D intake.

Booking a cruise sounds great, something to look forward to Graham

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

It was for Iona later next year.

Graham 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Come on Graham, you can't leave us in suspense !

Where are you off to ?

I would love to say but because of the insurance issue by highlighting we are away from home and an ear bashing from Pauline I have to stay quiet.

It is on Iona though.

I will of course report back afterwards.

Graham.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I would love to say but because of the insurance issue by highlighting we are away from home and an ear bashing from Pauline I have to stay quiet.

It is on Iona though.

I will of course report back afterwards.

Graham.

Thanks - just interested in your choice of ship,  obviously I understand why you dont want to give out dates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all, all this talk of sunshine - it’s just gone really really dark here, think it’s going to rain again soon!

Had a nice evening at the party last night, was the first time I’ve been at such a gathering since February 2020! John and I did find it a bit odd though 😆

• Like 2

On 9/19/2021 at 5:07 PM, SarahHben said:

Happy Anniversary to you both!

I went for a Christmas meal at Rowlands a few years ago, food was very nice.

I hope your party is an indoor one, given the torrential rain that is gracing Medway right now.

Yes it started just before we left! I changed my sandals to shoes! It was in a hall so we were fine, although we did find it a bit disconcerting seeing so many people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Wowzz.

Currently 3 Royal Caribbean and 2 P&O booked for 22/23.

Graham.

Sounds fab Graham, I like Royal Caribbean ships, I think their entertainment has something for everyone and I love eating at Wonderland 

Michelle

• Like 1

The news is pretty grim up here today. They reckon there will be food supply issues for some products within the next week, particularly meat products. I’m happy with veggie food anyway so no big deal for me except that some vegetables and fruit are also in short supply!

Small breweries up here are already having to shut as they just can’t get co2 for production and the local pub has cut the choice of beers as they only have gas for a couple of pumps.

Is this affecting the South as yet (issues always hit here first - why transport things hundreds of miles north when you can sell them without transport costs).

The newspaper coverage will as ever start panic buying. I don’t think anyone will starve, they will perhaps just have to be prepared to be more flexible about what they eat. Mung bean stew anyone😀

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The news is pretty grim up here today. They reckon there will be food supply issues for some products within the next week, particularly meat products. I’m happy with veggie food anyway so no big deal for me except that some vegetables and fruit are also in short supply!

Small breweries up here are already having to shut as they just can’t get co2 for production and the local pub has cut the choice of beers as they only have gas for a couple of pumps.

Is this affecting the South as yet (issues always hit here first - why transport things hundreds of miles north when you can sell them without transport costs).

The newspaper coverage will as ever start panic buying. I don’t think anyone will starve, they will perhaps just have to be prepared to be more flexible about what they eat. Mung bean stew anyone😀

Breaking news   https://news.sky.com/story/boost-for-shoppers-as-major-carbon-dioxide-supplier-restarts-production-after-government-talks-12413566  :classic_smile:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Was in McDonalds yesterday.  No fizzy drinks from the machine.  Only cans of Coke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

We're in Kent, and have been seeing gaps on shelves and empty shelves for 3 to 4 months. The shops do try to hide the gaps by stacking goods only one row deep to give the appearance of fullness, or they put out what they do have in stock - so you find pot noodles where the bottled water should be!

We normally have our main groceries delivered, and it has been rather pot luck at times, with various substitutions. Also, When doing my order, lots of things have simply disappeared off the website. For example, I've just started next weeks order, and there aren't any black dustbin liners listed for sale.

Yesterday we wanted a few things from the M&S food hall. Up until now, M&S have been relatively well stocked, but the shelves were noticeably sparse this time.

I've noticed that poorly stocked shelves aren't limited to food shops. Some of the M&S clothes racks have been oddly sparse, and the garden centre has been curiously light on goods all summer.

I don't think this is sparking panic buying, as, for some reason,  a lot of people seem to be denying that there is anything amiss, and their supermarket shelves are fully stocked!

However, I think the situation is unlikely to improve soon, and Christmas is likely to be 'interesting'. We'll be shopping early, to avoid any madness 

Edited by Dermotsgirl
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I can’t get fizzy water in any form at all, my friend is stock piling tonic water for her gin!

We like a bottle of flavoured fizzy water with our Sunday lunch. The supermarket's own brand is 50p a litre. There were no own brand bottles of   flavoured fizzy water available this week, so I had to get a branded bottle, at £1.25.  It is coconut flavour, so it should be delicious, but all these problems are going to cause our weekly shopping outlay to increase. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We like a bottle of flavoured fizzy water with our Sunday lunch. The supermarket's own brand is 50p a litre. There were no own brand bottles of   flavoured fizzy water available this week, so I had to get a branded bottle, at £1.25.  It is coconut flavour, so it should be delicious, but all these problems are going to cause our weekly shopping outlay to increase. 

We get the shopping delivered so I don’t see the shelf’s, just what is not available online or not delivered. Anything fizzy is now a bit of an issue.

We are also seeing strange things missing like herbs and spices and yes plastic snappy bags and bin bags.  I thing major as yet.

My husband is stock piling chocolate (but then he always does that!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I'm not a fussy eater, and can make do when I have to. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's managed to come through a couple of recessions and keep a family well fed, but I would draw the line boiled octopus😬

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I do hope that most of you have fixed an energy plan recently. I luckily switched 3 weeks ago to a two year deal, same company are now selling a one year deal costing half as much again !

Fortunately, we did a 2 year fix in June, with one of the larger companies. so hopefully they won't go under!

16 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I do hope that most of you have fixed an energy plan recently. I luckily switched 3 weeks ago to a two year deal, same company are now selling a one year deal costing half as much again !

Excellent timing.

We have always just stayed with the main gas and electricity companies and over the years it has worked out, we pay a bit more this time and a bit less the next. Thankfully fixed for the next 2 years.

Another nice day here regardless of what the forecast said. Looks promising for the rest of the week too. We had our flu jabs earlier so just the covid booster left, our local jabbing centre starts next week for those who have had the call.

Makes you wonder why there is a shortage of greenhouse gas when we allegedly have an over abundance. Food shortage, looks like a bit of rabbiting or nip down to the stream and tickle an old trout. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2