P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, picsa said:

Not sure how an 'I am alright Jack' attitude fits with the Christian teachings...

Sorry don't get that comment at all - if having less materialism turns Christmas in to a time when families (who are already stressed and running in empty) don't have to spend money and emotional energy they don't have just being able to enjoy spending time together as a family with none of the pressure and stress then what's wrong with that? 

Where did I say 'I am alright Jack' as we don't stock pile stuff and would be in the same boat as everyone else ... 

PS Just reread my post and I guess you refer to my comment that Christmas will still happen without it all. To expand on that, I didn't want to 'preach' but I meant that for Christians the real meaning of Christmas will happen without all the other stuff that has developed around it whatever happens. 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

???? You must have read a different post to me🤫

Avril

Thanks Avril, I have just read this and was worried that I had upset folks as I had made sure that I referenced people of any belief or none so that I did not cause offense. 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks Avril, I have just read this and was worried that I had upset folks as I had made sure that I referenced people of any belief or none so that I did not cause offense. 

You upset no-one. You only have to look at the numbers that 'liked' (agreed with really) my post. Take no noticed, he/she likes to ruffle a few feathers now and again I've noticed.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DamianG said:

Good morning all, I've just caught up with everything having not checked in for a while. I've been working long hours and Michelle has broken a toe (tripped over a pesky settee, I promise it was in the same place it always is and I hadn't moved it) so things have been extra busy on the home front too. 

We're still keeping ourselves to ourselves mostly but we've been to a couple of rugby matches and last week I made my first working day trip to London since 2018. The new office in Lime Street is fantastic and I needn't have been nervous about the travel as the trains weren't too busy. It was great to meet "Zoom" colleagues in person as well.

Our son has just started high school and we're proud of how he is coping. There are 240 children in year 7 which I was shocked to hear but apparently that's normal these days.

Thanks for all the cruise reports (great pictures as always Graham) and I'm pleased for Jane receiving an apology and compensation from MSC. For what it's worth I would definitely use that voucher somehow. Any cruise is better than no cruise, right?

I hope that Jean's husband is on the mend and Purdey is having a fabulous, well deserved cruise.

Belated congratulations Sue on your wedding anniversary too.

I've now a few days off to relax and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (today). We've started with a takeaway breakfast and are looking forward to a meal at one of our local Italian restaurants later.

All the best everyone.

Damian

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Thank you Damian and happy anniversary to you both 🥂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Exactly, I took your post to mean the exact opposite of what it was taken as by one person!

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Been busy trying to get things straight after having all our work done in the house. Carpet was fitted Monday and now trying to get the furniture back where it belongs, but being at work all day the last thing I feel like doing is moving furniture when I get home, but we will get there - eventually! Washing machine is being delivered tomorrow, so hubby has the job of waiting in for it. 

Happy anniversary Damian and Michelle, hope you had a lovely day and enjoyed your meal.

Good luck for tomorrow Graham, I'm sure all will go well.

After a hectic day and evening am now sitting here with a well earned glass of wine🙂

Sat outside during my break today and was joined by this little fella

20210922_140609.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good news, Graham.  Transformative, aren't they?  

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Great news.

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

That’s great news Graham, hope all goes well tomorrow. 
Michelle

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Best wishes for the op take care mate :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

Great news, best of luck tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

Best wishes for the your op Graham, had both of mine done in 2019.

Best wishes Joe😷

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Hope all goes well tomorrow, Graham.

Also, congratulations to Damian and Michelle your your 20th wedding anniversary.

We’ve been to Canterbury today. We had lunch at Pizza Express, and then went to the theatre - our first time in 22 months! We saw 9 to 5 The Musical. Booked before Covid at rescheduled twice.  The show was great, and we really enjoyed it. However, it was a bit disappointing that only about 30% of the audience were wearing masks.

A3E173CA-5E70-4F44-84CF-36C35082BF63.jpeg

6FBD53E9-A3EE-48EC-95FB-B0D2D0ECD9DF.jpeg

C404122C-6000-4E8F-97DE-44FC5A9F4EB1.jpeg

9912FEFB-1D95-4153-BB95-784B8E1940C5.jpeg

947C3CE5-8B80-47E9-8BDA-7EF784C4994E.jpeg

Thank you so much for all your kind words and wishes.

Graham.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hi all,

Been busy trying to get things straight after having all our work done in the house. Carpet was fitted Monday and now trying to get the furniture back where it belongs, but being at work all day the last thing I feel like doing is moving furniture when I get home, but we will get there - eventually! Washing machine is being delivered tomorrow, so hubby has the job of waiting in for it. 

Happy anniversary Damian and Michelle, hope you had a lovely day and enjoyed your meal.

Good luck for tomorrow Graham, I'm sure all will go well.

After a hectic day and evening am now sitting here with a well earned glass of wine🙂

Sat outside during my break today and was joined by this little fella

20210922_140609.jpg

Thank you Purplesea.

Graham.

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry don't get that comment at all - if having less materialism turns Christmas in to a time when families (who are already stressed and running in empty) don't have to spend money and emotional energy they don't have just being able to enjoy spending time together as a family with none of the pressure and stress then what's wrong with that? 

People who enjoy a materialistic Christmas finding things less stressful if they cannot buy what they normally do! Didn’t realise this was the thread for jokes.

You might be happy with a ‘basic’ Christmas, but if there are shortages in the shops there will be carnage in the aisles in December with people fighting over the last turkey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, picsa said:

People who enjoy a materialistic Christmas finding things less stressful if they cannot buy what they normally do! Didn’t realise this was the thread for jokes.

You might be happy with a ‘basic’ Christmas, but if there are shortages in the shops there will be carnage in the aisles in December with people fighting over the last turkey.

Just shows what a sad world we live in to me. I am sure that you will agree that we are all entitled to our own opinions so this is my last word on the matter as don't want to 'play games' on here. 

I hope that Christmas brings you whatever makes it special for you.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just shows what a sad world we live in to me. I am sure that you will agree that we are all entitled to our own opinions so this is my last word on the matter as don't want to 'play games' on here. 

I hope that Christmas brings you whatever makes it special for you.

Don't bite Presto, they soon get fed up😉

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't bite Presto, they soon get fed up😉

Avril

Have said my last bit now and wished everyone a very Happy Christmas ------------------- did someone sa the C word !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks x

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Seems the season of goodwill to all men didn't last long!

I remember the first time I looked at the P&O board when I was on the Ocean Village one .... it frightened me to death. The odd 'banter' on here now is tame in comparison 😉 .

(If anyone remembers the early dress code threads you'll know what I mean !!!!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2