P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Although mask wearing in crowded indoor spaces, like the House of Commons during PMs questions, public transport, schools, and cinema or theatres would probably slow down the spread, especially among schoolchildren. I question whether in shops, supermarkets or similar, where you generally only have fleeting contact with others, it would have anything other than a minimal effect.

It’s not just the fleeting contact with others that matters though, John - it’s the rather longer breathing in of the droplets left behind across unventilated premises by the unmasked.

• Like 3

Again, I'm just catching up on all the posts.

For all of you that have friends/relatives who have contracted the virus I hope that they all make a speedy recover and don't suffer.

Had a busy couple of days as we had Christmas yesterday.  My daughter is off to Australia for a year the week after next so we had a family Christmas before she went. The whole family got together and clubbed in for a full Christmas dinner, with everyone contributing. It was nice to have the whole family together after such a long time.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

It’s not just the fleeting contact with others that matters though, John - it’s the rather longer breathing in of the droplets left behind across unventilated premises by the unmasked.

I do believe gravity has quite a significant bearing on the amount of time any droplets stay at nose level, unless of course you are under 5 ft tall.

Encouraging signs around here with covid rates, after mushrooming in September and early October rate is down 25 % in the last 7 days.

In contradicted to many reports on here, when I went to the supermarket last week about 80% were wearing masks but there weren't many under 50s in the shop which does seem to make a difference.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 2

Good morning I hope everyone is well :classic_smile: We have finally got around to having our

eyesight checked after four years and were surprised to hear the optician tell us that

our eyesight was no change and all was good , so that saved a few quid .

Glad to see the infection rate is dropping at last in our town the figures have been very

high compared to other  parts of the country. Could the fall be down to the kids being 

on school holidays ? :classic_unsure: One things for certain ,it hasn't gone away so all take care and

keep safe guys , have a good day :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, kalos said:

Google of the week or should I say laugh ...

"we don't wear masks as we know each other" :classic_wacko::classic_unsure:

But if they did wear masks, how would they know if they know eachother.?🤔

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, purplesea said:

Again, I'm just catching up on all the posts.

For all of you that have friends/relatives who have contracted the virus I hope that they all make a speedy recover and don't suffer.

Had a busy couple of days as we had Christmas yesterday.  My daughter is off to Australia for a year the week after next so we had a family Christmas before she went. The whole family got together and clubbed in for a full Christmas dinner, with everyone contributing. It was nice to have the whole family together after such a long time.

You could have an virtual Australian Skype Christmas with them. BBQ on the beach at St Ives on Christmas day.🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I do believe gravity has quite a significant bearing on the amount of time any droplets stay at nose level, unless of course you are under 5 ft tall.

According to PNAS, small speech droplets stay airborne between 8 - 14 mins. Plenty of time for a good lungful whatever your height😷

Avril

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

According to PNAS, small speech droplets stay airborne between 8 - 14 mins. Plenty of time for a good lungful whatever your height😷

Avril

I remember when my mother used to let fly with her plastic bottle of Bellair hairspray ,

the refillable one .:classic_unsure: You could walk in that room an 1/2 hour later ..:classic_ohmy:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But the viral load is miniscule.

I don't think we are ever going to convince the majority on here that they need to start giving their covid safety a little slack, whilst still avoiding the worst of the crowded areas. If not they risk allowing a lot of the pleasures they used to enjoy, to wither away for good, and life will be much the poorer for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Flippin' eck wowzz, how much of the virus do you think you need to inhale?  Speaking as someone with a breathing problem, it's not worth the risk😷

Avril

You don't breath any in when your head is buried in the sand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I don't think we are ever going to convince the majority on here that they need to start giving their covid safety a little slack, whilst still avoiding the worst of the crowded areas. If not they risk allowing a lot of the pleasures they used to enjoy, to wither away for good, and life will be much the poorer for it.

We don't need convincing about anything John. We all have our theories on this and will act accordingly. Who can say which is the right path to take? only ourselves. Maybe your way is right for you , but not for others. You can't generalise about those who will have to consider their various health issues.

Take care John

Avril

• Like 8

My niece has just called me to tell me that she won't be bringing her daughter to stay with us tomorrow while she, her son and husband go to watch Stoke because her mum has got Covid and her daughter stayed there last the weekend so they are all isolating now.  My biggest concern is for my B-I-L because he has terminal cancer.

We haven’t see any of them since last Monday because I have been avoiding people while I was waiting to have my excision done yesterday.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Even a fleeting contact may be sufficient.

If that was the case, surely we would have millions of people testing positive on a daily basis ? 

Fear is our worst enemy, and whilst I appreciate your position Harry, I for one am not going to spend the rest of my life worrying about  avoiding all possible contact with the rest  of mankind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me to tell me that she won't be bringing her daughter to stay with us tomorrow while she, her son and husband go to watch Stoke because her mum has got Covid and her daughter stayed there last the weekend so they are all isolating now.  My biggest concern is for my B-I-L because he has terminal cancer.

We haven’t see any of them since last Monday because I have been avoiding people while I was waiting to have my excision done yesterday.

Sorry to read about your B-I-L Josy ,best wishes to your family and hope you all avoid this nasty virus .

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear your family has been exposed to covid19.

I hope your excision was successful yesterday Josy.

Graham.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sorry to read about your B-I-L Josy ,best wishes to your family and hope you all avoid this nasty virus .

Thank you,  we have been lucky until now this is the first case in our family.  My nephew thinks that he may have inadvertently passed it to his mum when he called in  last week.  He is a social worker and has been working with a lot of people who have been living in the streets, he has now tested positive too but has had no symptoms.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your family has been exposed to covid19.

I hope your excision was successful yesterday Josy.

Graham.

Thank you Graham, it is just a matter of waiting and hoping that when it is tested it will be  benign. 🎗️🎗️

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you Graham, it is just a matter of waiting and hoping that when it is tested it will be  benign. 🎗️🎗️

My fingers are crossed for you Josy and I also hope your family only have mild symptoms or even better, no symptoms at all.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

The viral load seems now to be something of an irrelevance with the much greater infectivity of the Delta variant. Even a fleeting contact may be sufficient.

I'd like to correct your post a little if you don't mind Harry.  😉

''Even a fleeting contact is sufficient''

Why else would the little perisher still be running riot.😷

Avril

• Like 4