P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Hope your doing OK today  Michelle  and bearing up 🙂

This morning looked a bit gloomy ,like it did not know what to do but it has just hammered it down so I suppose more of the same today .

Another day taking it easy and cheer Megar B's horse on later today.

Hope everyone has a good day .

Thanks Kalos, I feel a bit better today. He was the first thing I thought about this morning when I woke up. I keep padding places we used to take him and it brings back memories all the time. I know it will get easier in time and I have my granddaughter coming to stay on Tuesday so she will keep me busy to take my mind off it.

Michelle

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’ve tried both cc name and then email address with password and no success😩

The joys of technology eh ?

Two stabs in the dark .. 1 / If your phone is using a shortcut /app ,Delete that and start from scratch .

They can go daft .

2/ if your using phone's op system try something like Google and see if there's any difference.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’ve tried both cc name and then email address with password and no success😩

Go into your phone's browser history and see if you were logged in previously then click on that and it should log you in.

If not clear your phone's browser history then enter your full cc name and password.

If you have to enter email address make sure you put in the email address cc have for you even if you don't now use that email.

You can contact cc to change your email address.

Good luck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SarahHben said:

We have squirrel problems rather than cat problems, my hubbie frequently runs out into the garden chasing them away from his plants.

Well, we are all packed & ready to leave for Southampton tomorrow lunchtime. I think there should be a group for Over-Packers Anonymous 🥴 

It’s due to be a bit blowy on Saturday on the south coast!

Have a great cruise! Sunday for us!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We’re going away for over 3 weeks on Sunday and today was the forecast dry day of the week to cut the grass and general gardening and it’s drizzling!!😩 To rub it in it was supposed to be showery the last 2 days but they went around us. Hopefully the drizzle will stop and things dry out as I have to get the grass cut.

Hope you have a lovely time

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Have a great time Damian. I bet your little lad is beside himself with excitement now. Two more sleeps!  Jane xx

As of last week he's a teenager now so we think he is but of course he's never going to say it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, SarahHben said:

We have squirrel problems rather than cat problems, my hubbie frequently runs out into the garden chasing them away from his plants.

Well, we are all packed & ready to leave for Southampton tomorrow lunchtime. I think there should be a group for Over-Packers Anonymous 🥴 

It’s due to be a bit blowy on Saturday on the south coast!

Have a fabulous time 

Michelle 

• Like 1

Just recovering from all the excitement here at Goodwood! What a great run from my brave boy, very proud of him with his third place on going he doesn't like. Time to open that bottle of champagne my friend bought me when we arrived, I've been too nervous to drink it until now.  

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Just recovering from all the excitement here at Goodwood! What a great run from my brave boy, very proud of him with his third place on going he doesn't like. Time to open that bottle of champagne my friend bought me when we arrived, I've been too nervous to drink it until now.  

Don't forget to share your bottle with these guys 🤣🙃  Nice Run !

FB_IMG_1691159604781.jpg.b89daccb8e589f8ba672afc26a2b2c56.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

An excellent run, congratulations, was worth a punt. He was running well at the end suggesting he will get further on better ground but I am sure the trainer knew that, especially as Saturday's entry was 9 furlongs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Unusual for me but today I had a flutter

How much will I get for a Fiver each way.... third place!!!😀🤣

Edited to say it was 10 to 1

It depends on the bookie as they dont all pay the same for places, I would expect 1/4 odds  £5 x 2.5 plus the £5 stake back £17.50 so a profit, nice.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It depends on the bookie as they dont all pay the same for places, I would expect 1/4 odds  £5 x 2.5 plus the £5 stake back £17.50 so a profit, nice.

Thank you.That that will do for me. 

On line they wanted photo id and all sorts.  I was getting confused.  So I dragged an astonished OH into Paddy Power in town.  I made myself look a bit stupid as I said I would pay the tax now, instead of on any winnings.  Well how would I have known that that was all stopped years and years ago.  Anyway it gave the blokes the other side of the counter a good laugh!!!🤣☺️🙃

Thanks Megabear, it gave us a bit of fun.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We’ve got to our hotel. Traffic was heavy getting here, and there are matches at the Ageas Bowl tonight so our car park at the Holiday inn Express next door to the Hilton is totally full and overflowing. Dinner in the restaurant was very nice.

Looking forward to boarding Ventura tomorrow 😊

• Like 22

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

We’ve got to our hotel. Traffic was heavy getting here, and there are matches at the Ageas Bowl tonight so our car park at the Holiday inn Express next door to the Hilton is totally full and overflowing. Dinner in the restaurant was very nice.

Looking forward to boarding Ventura tomorrow 😊

Have a great time on your cruise……🛳️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Morning, I am a bit worried about rough seas tonight and tomorrow but I have my sturgeon ready.

The hotel bed is very comfy and the room is very quiet other than OH snoring. 
We’re meeting my sister & her family for breakfast later before they go to Ocean Terminal and we head off to waste some time before going to Mayflower Terminal.

I may try to do a ‘live from’ thread once onboard.

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning, I am a bit worried about rough seas tonight and tomorrow but I have my sturgeon ready.

We’re meeting my sister & her family for breakfast later before they go to Ocean Terminal and we head off to waste some time before going to Mayflower Terminal.

We've enjoyed three cruises on Ventura and I wish you calm waters and a good cruise.  I'm off to check my Stugeron is still in date ready for my next cruise - you've just reminded me 🙂.  Look forward to reading updates if you get the chance.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hope you have a great cruise and that the seas calm down for you.

• Like 5