P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry, a quick question, I know it’s 1litre of spirits that we can take onboard but my hubby has put 4 cans of beer in his bag which come to more than 1ltre, is that allowed or should he leave a couple behind? 

You'll be ok with that.

Have a great cruise guys.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It is a cold wet day here.  We were hoping for better weather for my niece's wedding this afternoon but it is looking unlikely.  I am now wondering whether to change my mind about my outfit which is more suited to summer for one of my other outfits which would be suitable for an autumn wedding.

DH has just pointed out that his suit has been worn for several occasions and he doesn't understand why I need different clothes for every occasion.

Fingers crossed for the weather for you. Have a great day 

Michelle

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I don't go up often, probably last time was January although have been up to the hospital. Went up to the hospital about a fortnigh ago and If you though Chiverton Cross was bad before it's worse now🥴and it's moved!

Going 'up to Truro' is a phrase I have never encountered before... 😂

• Haha 4

Well the deluge down here at Goodwood was spectacular!  Very glad they abandoned the meet as it was cold, wet and very windy even before the downpour at 3.00pm.  

Back at our rented cottage after the long wait for our rearranged taxi we've actually put the heating on and instead of enjoying the garden for an open air feast are now snuggled under throws eating fish and chips.

We did have a minor miracle in that we backed the first three home in the Stewards Cup so at least the chips were paid for!

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Is there a Greggs in Whitby?

Gregs? However there is... an incredibly nice Youth Hostel cafe which like the monks of old catered for all... the toasties, coffees and cake tasted even better as the rain lashed the windows! The Youth Hostels that we used half a century ago were never like this!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Gregs? However there is... an incredibly nice Youth Hostel cafe which like the monks of old catered for all... the toasties, coffees and cake tasted even better as the rain lashed the windows! The Youth Hostels that we used half a century ago were never like this!

That brings back memories. My friends and I stayed at the Youth Hostel up by Whitby Abbey when we went hiking through the North York Moors just after we left school.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

We did have a minor miracle in that we backed the first three home in the Stewards Cup so at least the chips were paid for!

Nice one , lets not forget the lad who did the hard work, Dutch Decoy !

Hope he's snug in his stable and look forward to seeing him run next time at York ?? 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

Nice one , lets not forget the lad who did the hard work, Dutch Decoy !

Hope he's snug in his stable and look forward to seeing him run next time at York ?? 🙂

Yes he's safely back home and as usual eaten up well.  He has an advance entry at York in the Clipper Handicap on 24 August. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes he's safely back home and as usual eaten up well.  He has an advance entry at York in the Clipper Handicap on 24 August. 

That’s Ladies Day at York too I think, hope you have got your hat ready. I love going to York races, the atmosphere is fabulous 

Michelle

• Like 3

Another grey day but no rain at the moment.

We are going for lunch with my sister in law and nephew to celebrate DH's birthay which is tomorrow.  S-i-L has changed the venue becausewhen she tried to book at Trentham Gardens restaurant she fiund that it is closed at the moment due to staff shortages.  We now going to Aston Marina which is where my niece's wedding was held yesterday.  I hope that the restaurant food is as good as the food in the events venue.  

Weight Watchers here I come to.prepare for our upcoming cruise 🤣

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is dry here after yesterdays continual rain, a bit chilly considering it is the height of summer, Mrs YP has got here washing out so fingers crossed. The weather does look a bit more promising this week. 

We had very little rain in Huddersfield yesterday and even a bit of brightness in the early afternoon, although we did have a couple of hours rain in the late afternoon. Today is cloudy but dry and temp of 13 deg.