P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

48 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning, I am a bit worried about rough seas tonight and tomorrow but I have my sturgeon ready.

The hotel bed is very comfy and the room is very quiet other than OH snoring. 
We’re meeting my sister & her family for breakfast later before they go to Ocean Terminal and we head off to waste some time before going to Mayflower Terminal.

I may try to do a ‘live from’ thread once onboard.

Have a great cruise Looking a bit murky this morning down there .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry, a quick question, I know it’s 1litre of spirits that we can take onboard but my hubby has put 4 cans of beer in his bag which come to more than 1ltre, is that allowed or should he leave a couple behind? 

Put em in your case they will arrive at your room .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry, a quick question, I know it’s 1litre of spirits that we can take onboard but my hubby has put 4 cans of beer in his bag which come to more than 1ltre, is that allowed or should he leave a couple behind? 

You won't get stopped for 4 cans of beer. 

He could always drink them in the rain in the naughty queue..😊

Have a great time, just hope embarkation runs smoothly for you. 

As one of our esteemed fellow posters always says, it doesn't rain in the Crow's nest😂

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pouring down here this morning and 11C, and seems set for the day, my volunteer shift has been cancelled this morning as unlikely I would be seeing any visitors to the site which has very little shelter. 

Probably will spend part of day reading the HPB brochures which arrived yesterday to see if it’s worth investing or not.

Will probably also finish off reading Obama biography I started a few months back, read around 500 pages, only 200 to go! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Morning, I am a bit worried about rough seas tonight and tomorrow but I have my sturgeon ready.

The hotel bed is very comfy and the room is very quiet other than OH snoring. 
We’re meeting my sister & her family for breakfast later before they go to Ocean Terminal and we head off to waste some time before going to Mayflower Terminal.

I may try to do a ‘live from’ thread once onboard.

Good morning Sarah.

I hope the weather stays dry for you and you have an amazing cruise.

11°C and the rain is pouring down here.

IMG_20230805_084157.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning Sarah.

I hope the weather stays dry for you and you have an amazing cruise.

11°C and the rain is pouring down here.

IMG_20230805_084157.jpg

Yeah,that's what I call a bacon roll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all.

It's still raining here, not quite as heavy as it was, and the sun is bravely, but not very successfully, trying to fight it's way out. A cold breeze too. Max of 12c today for us😒

Have a lovely cruise @SarahHben Looking forward to reading your posts and enjoy the sunshine🌞

Avril

• Like 9

Not raining, buts it’s pretty windy. Was meant to be helping my friend with catering at her brothers clay shoot today, but the weather has cancelled that, so there goes my pocket money:(

we’ll have to brave sainsburys later as we’re just about out of loo rolls & milk 😬.

Have a lovely cruise @SarahHben, hopefully the weather will improve quickly for you.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Caullkhead said:

Not raining, buts it’s pretty windy. Was meant to be helping my friend with catering at her brothers clay shoot today, but the weather has cancelled that, so there goes my pocket money:(

we’ll have to brave sainsburys later as we’re just about out of loo rolls & milk 😬.

Have a lovely cruise @SarahHben, hopefully the weather will improve quickly for you.

Pretty windy is an understatement! It is definately winter out there, although the sun had just put in an appearance. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

No Greg’s down this way, but had one last year in Bournemouth for the first time & pretty impressed actually, 

Oh they are and as I got older I have found  there are only 3 shops I need in my life.

Specsavers, Boots and Greggs......

My life is just full of Specs, Drugs and Sausage rolls.🙃😉🙃

• Haha 21

Miserable rainy day here in North Wales so looks like a lazy day inside. Hubby worried .. we've only stayed put twice at the caravan and each time we ended up booking a holiday! 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Miserable rainy day here in North Wales so looks like a lazy day inside. Hubby worried .. we've only stayed put twice at the caravan and each time we ended up booking a holiday! 

Don’t worry, we will bring some Stoke sunshine with us tonight (provided we can find some - being elusive at the moment).

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Can’t actually remember the last I went to Truro! More than three years anyway blimey 😧

I don't go up often, probably last time was January although have been up to the hospital. Went up to the hospital about a fortnigh ago and If you though Chiverton Cross was bad before it's worse now🥴and it's moved!

• Like 2

It is a cold wet day here.  We were hoping for better weather for my niece's wedding this afternoon but it is looking unlikely.  I am now wondering whether to change my mind about my outfit which is more suited to summer for one of my other outfits which would be suitable for an autumn wedding.

DH has just pointed out that his suit has been worn for several occasions and he doesn't understand why I need different clothes for every occasion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Don’t worry, we will bring some Stoke sunshine with us tonight (provided we can find some - being elusive at the moment).

It's been OK for the last 4 days but I think the sun has given up today.