P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I have shares in two filly foals who will be needing names in January when they reach their official first birthdays.  All suggestions considered!

images.jpeg.jpg

cupboardlove-0723(1).jpg

MY SIS,a strong filly who never gives up and always wins😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Disappointing result.

15 minutes extra time in second half should deter teams who time waste in future and a good new rule from EFL.

Well I discovered that my team lost 7 nil so it could be worse Graham! My brother is still in shock.. think of him pls 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Disappointing result.

15 minutes extra time in second half should deter teams who time waste in future and a good new rule from EFL.

The bus and train companies are going to need to re-shedule their timetables, if every games is now going to be finishing 15-20 minutes later than previously.

• Like 2

Nice bright sunny morning here 14.c .The only thing spoiling it for me as the news

that a young nurse in our area has had her car stolen in the early hours.

Nowt special just a cheap runabout .:classic_sad:

I just hope these lowlifes who rather than find a job ,will one day need the services 

of the nurse !

Any way time for my tea and toast and watch our England ladies who have just kicked off .

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• Like 7

Good morning all. I hope everyone is well and that the sun is shining for you🌞

A much better morning in my small corner on God's Own Country. Not too warm at the moment,13c, but hey, the sun is out and the sky is clear.

I know it's been a terrible summer so far, but on the bright side for us, it's been good for sowing grass seed. We've been busy getting rid of the flower beds and borders and incorporating them into the lawn. Much easier to cut the grass than weed and maintain flower beds as we get older. We've transferred all the perennial plants into large pots  which will be much easier to look after. We can still manage the greenhouse an raised vegetable beds for now🤞

How times change. When I look back to when we moved to this village, we rented a large

allotment, kept a few chickens, and grew fruit and vegetables. Our daughter took it over when it got too much for us. 

I hate this getting old lark, but it's much better than the alternative😁

Have a good day everyone whether on land or sea.x

Avril

• Like 14

Morning everyone, it’s a nice sunny day here today for a change. 

my daughter and granddaughter have just set off over here so that was a nice surprise. We might go book next year’s holiday while we are both together.

Not much else going on today. Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

Went to bed last night shivery with a bunged up nose. DW had  'u no wot ' last week. Did a test this morning and it was negative.  Oh well, still blagged breakfast in bed while the footy is on. Why do Men get much more iller than Ladies?.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning all. I hope everyone is well and that the sun is shining for you🌞

A much better morning in my small corner on God's Own Country. Not too warm at the moment,13c, but hey, the sun is out and the sky is clear.

I know it's been a terrible summer so far, but on the bright side for us, it's been good for sowing grass seed. We've been busy getting rid of the flower beds and borders and incorporating them into the lawn. Much easier to cut the grass than weed and maintain flower beds as we get older. We've transferred all the perennial plants into large pots  which will be much easier to look after. We can still manage the greenhouse an raised vegetable beds for now🤞

How times change. When I look back to when we moved to this village, we rented a large

allotment, kept a few chickens, and grew fruit and vegetables. Our daughter took it over when it got too much for us. 

I hate this getting old lark, but it's much better than the alternative😁

Have a good day everyone whether on land or sea.x

Avril

Age brings wisdom, understanding, care compassion and love.

Old wood produces the warmest fire for convivial  friends to reminisce around and toast marshmallows as  they savour an old wine kept especially to enjoy with trusted old friends.

We too are changing the garden... an especially difficult patch is becoming a cosy "Gardiners' Rest" cleared, weed matted, covered with flint chippings  and just the place to keep the watering can, spare pots, garden canes and the like... by the "summer seat"... it gets the best of the early morning sun... a private place to have a coffee after breakfast and plan the day.

Like may other folk... for us getting at wee bit older means that we savour and make the best of every day... and anyway... "old" folk were born 10-15 before us... we've always thought that!🤓😎

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Went to bed last night shivery with a bunged up nose. DW had  'u no wot ' last week. Did a test this morning and it was negative.  Oh well, still blagged breakfast in bed while the footy is on. Why do Men get much more iller than Ladies?.🤣

Because you get man flu regardless if you have a tiny sniffle.

However men do actually suffer more, women have a better immune response to virus (fewer cells but better effect) so they get over flu a bit quicker and have less chance of being hospitalised. Been a few studies on it,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just finished a marathon cooking and baking session as having a girls afternoon today.

The feta bread bites have come out particularly well, I have tried a new yeast and it seems to be better with this recipe (Allinsons).

All veggie food for these friends so have been making hummus, babaganoush, broad bean pate etc. the house smells of fresh garlic, mint, lemon and fresh bread.

It’s quite sunny here today so doors open to cool the place as the oven has been on for hours bread making.

Have a good day all.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Oh blimey - my nerves are shredded. They didn't deserve it, Lauren James ( who I bigged up so much the other day) was a disgrace, but - the Lionesses are through. Jane xx

Agreed! Having a large coffee now to help with the stress. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Oh blimey - my nerves are shredded. They didn't deserve it, Lauren James ( who I bigged up so much the other day) was a disgrace, but - the Lionesses are through. Jane xx

Good to see the profile of women’s sport being raised by these ladies. With USA out they must be strong contenders to win.

I watched the men’s cycle race yesterday and will be interested to see if the women’s race next week gets the same coverage.

• Like 3

No, England did not really deserve the win, but it may just give them the kick they need to play better in future matches.  It was pretty stressful, the last few minutes, though, for all of us.  It was nice to see them commiserating with the other team; you could not help feeling sorry for them as they played so well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

No, England did not really deserve the win, but it may just give them the kick they need to play better in future matches.  It was pretty stressful, the last few minutes, though, for all of us.  It was nice to see them commiserating with the other team; you could not help feeling sorry for them as they played so well.

I agree lincslady. I thought Nigeria were very well organised and were unlucky to lose. So if this doesn't give the Lionesses the kick up the proverbial that they need, nothing will. It was very nice to see the commiserations to the other team. I noticed that immediately after the last, and winning penalty, Kelly went straight to the Nigerian goalie before any celebrations. Class. Have a lovely day. Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Nigeria were the better team but goals win football matches as Sunderland found to our cost last night against Ipswich.

Great credit to the penalty takers who were amazing.

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Nigeria were the better team but goals win football matches as Sunderland found to our cost last night against Ipswich.

Great credit to the penalty takers who were amazing.

So true Graham. Bad luck yesterday - I saw some mini- highlights on BBC this morning and was surprised at how much extra time there was. Is this something to do with the new rules and regs that Guardiola was grizzlies about this morning?  Jane xx

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beckett said:

So true Graham. Bad luck yesterday - I saw some mini- highlights on BBC this morning and was surprised at how much extra time there was. Is this something to do with the new rules and regs that Guardiola was grizzlies about this morning?  Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

For a long time football has been spoiled by time wasting, last minute substitutions and Feigned injuries with only minimal extra time allowed.

There was 15 minutes extra time in the second half because all of the time wasting was properly recorded.

This is a new EFL rule which is good imo.

Graham xx

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Stretch it out mate.You might get salmon sarnies in bed like Graham.😉

• Haha 3