P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I know the feeling well!  And sometimes it's just some minor fact or action which rings a bell.  I work on the theory if I'm enjoying , it can stand a second read. 

Since the repeat of Series 1 of Line of Duty, we're watching all the series again.  I can't believe how much I'd forgotten - at least watching them end to end avoids the 'Who's that again, how does he/she fit in?' questions which we invariably have after a lengthy period between each series being shown originally.  😁

I've just re-watched Line of Duty Series 1, about to start series 2 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

This is my baby in better times,unfortunately we has to have him PTS on Monday afternoon. He was 15 and not the best of health for the last couple of months.The time was right.

I'm usually quite an upbeat type of person but today I  feel  really low and weepy. He was part of the family and losing them  is really  sad.  Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. 

LRM_EXPORT_20396079429630_20190704_100647295.JPG

Sorry to hear your sad news about your precious dog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

This is my baby in better times,unfortunately we has to have him PTS on Monday afternoon. He was 15 and not the best of health for the last couple of months.The time was right.

I'm usually quite an upbeat type of person but today I  feel  really low and weepy. He was part of the family and losing them  is really  sad.  Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. 

That's so sad. We had to have our girl PTS 20 years ago and I still  shed a tear even now when I think of her. You lose part of your family.  

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, AnnieC said:

I still have the ones I had taken back in 1967 for my first ever passport, which are reasonably passable. Everything subsequent to that has been an utter disaster.😮

Do you think anyone would notice if I used them?

My mum took my photo to our Doctor to sign in 1970. He said, I didn't know you had a daughter. She thought he was a silly old so and so, but didn't say it😁. Young men had long hair in the late sixties. I still had long hair during lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm so sorry bro. I hope you can get back ok and see the family. Its at times like this that I wish I could reach out to my virtual family as words don't seem enough. This damn virus makes everything feel ten times worse. Be careful and stay safe. Keep posting and let me know how things are. x🤗

Sis

Thanks sis,we're ok,thanks to the Italian government doing things properly,what could have been a drive thru "the gates of hell" has been a comparative "life of Riley".Our BIL has been in this condition a few years now.The day before we drove here our SIL was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer,but contrary to other stories her scans and biopsies continued at Southend and Royal London hospitals and is now in the middle of her chemo course.It seems a postcode llottery with treatment.Cheers,bro.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

When you've watched that, you can start "The Bridge" from the beginning , with the fantastic character of Saga Noren. 

I loved that series. When we did our Scandinavian cruise, we docked at Copenhagen,we jumped on a train and went to Malmo via the Oresund Bridge.We found the Turning Torso building,often seen in the program,had good wander around and then came back! One day in Copenhagen and we went to Sweden!! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Sincere condolences for the loss of your faithful companion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Binge watched all series, amazing what clicks into place in your memory when watching episode after episode. 

And not only that, but you pick up the nuances too. Surprising what little subtle hints, actions or words which are relevant can pass me by.  I often read episode recaps too (the Guardian and Den of Geek are good) after each episode so see if I've missed anything important.  Bit sad, I know, but they are well written and an enjoyable read in their own right.  

I think I'd have struggled a bit at times with Ozark without the episode recapsv- and I needed the subtitles too but it was worth the effort!

Edited by kruzseeka

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

When you've watched that, you can start "The Bridge" from the beginning , with the fantastic character of Saga Noren. 

We watched all the Line of Duty series again a few weeks ago. I have heard that it is not particularly accurate in regard to police regulation and practice, but it is a fantastic series for entertainment, tension and intrigue with some brilliant characters. I have to agree that ‘The Bridge’ is also excellent and Saga Noren is a brilliant character. I think if TV companies were more imaginative in sourcing programmes rather than looking mainly to USA for crime dramas, we may discover some more gems.

What a roller coaster the last couple of weeks have been. Things are busier at work, but tinged with sadness at the loss of so many colleagues and friends due to redundancy. 

The loss of a lifelong friend due to cancer, thankfully he didn’t suffer too long, but now the trauma of a funeral with all the limitations now in place due to Covid-19. 

Continued local lockdown meaning we still haven’t been able to see any friends for now 6 months, and this is starting to bother me more than I realised. 

The cancellation of yet another holiday (thankfully before we made final payment) means nothing to look forward to, which is what we enjoy, the planning and research of places new. 

On a lighter note, people are referring to us a couple who have traded 1 “C” for another. Cruise to Caravan! 

Talking of caravans, we’re off to North Wales again tomorrow for our 3rd caravan stay of the year (a perfect swap for the 3 cruises we should have taken 😃) so that I can visit my parents (have to take into consideration the different rules in place there) and make sure mum is ok after her scheduled eye operation tomorrow. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think if TV companies were more imaginative in sourcing programmes rather than looking mainly to USA for crime dramas, we may discover some more gems.

Netflix is your friend ! Lots of good continental police series on there. Just finished watching the "Deadwind" series,  set in Finland. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Netflix is your friend ! Lots of good continental police series on there. Just finished watching the "Deadwind" series,  set in Finland. 

I recently renegotiated our Sky package and took Netflix off because I didn’t really watch it! Sounds like an error on my behalf. Perhaps I should have looked more closely into what it offers.

36 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I recently renegotiated our Sky package and took Netflix off because I didn’t really watch it! Sounds like an error on my behalf. Perhaps I should have looked more closely into what it offers.

Don't know what we'd do without Netflix. We watch more on there than all the terrestrial channels combined.

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Don't know what we'd do without Netflix. We watch more on there than all the terrestrial channels combined.

We have it, but only at pretty low cost as a family share. Very rarely watch it, apart from The Crown and Ricky Gervais, and I’d happily ditch it.

No Sky or other subscriptions either. More than enough on Freeview for us, and a Humax with several hundred hours still unwatched!

Come to think of it, the BBC and Channel 4 would suffice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Very rarely watch it, apart from The Crown and Ricky Gervais, and I’d happily ditch it.

I know it's a trite remark, but if you don't watch it, how do you know what you are missing? We enjoyed the two "Dirty John" series, I liked Snowpiercer, "Good Girls" is excellent, and now we are catching up with Hilary Swank in  "Away".

Please tell me that at least you watched "Eurovision", the Will Ferrell film!

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I know it's a trite remark, but if you don't watch it, how do you know what you are missing? We enjoyed the two "Dirty John" series, I liked Snowpiercer, "Good Girls" is excellent, and now we are catching up with Hilary Swank in  "Away".

Please tell me that at least you watched "Eurovision", the Will Ferrell film!

We have it, I keep an eye on what’s coming up, films and otherwise, but frankly there’s rarely much of interest.

BBC, Channel 4 and Film 4, with the occasional oldie from Talking Pictures (a surprisingly rich seam) more than covers our needs, but then, news apart, we only watch 2 or 3 hours a day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I've heard good things about The Bridge so will give it a go at some point, thank you for recommendation. 

• Like 1