P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Just say happy easter everyone. Those that don't want to be happy can stay grumpy and miserable.

Less politically correct Zap

Happy Easter or Happy Sunday everyone.😊

Politically correct Avril😁

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Why do we have to wait for Easter to be happy?

Happy,,flipping happy. I remember happy. 1968...bah humbug..A pint of red barrel, a Wimpy and still got change from half a crowd. Tell that to kids nowadays and they don't know what you are talking about.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

I know. Just sitting reading. Quarter of the way through my book already!

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sitting around and waiting is the worst thing, but all good things come to those who wait,

Could always try meditation ,better than sat around I suppose 🙃

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Why do we have to wait for Easter to be happy?

You don't !  You can be happy for Mothers /Fathers day and a lot of other days .

Just be happy that you can be happy but not compulsory.

What would you think if the pub had a happy hour ? Just be happy for that hour .🤔

Don't worry be happy 😀😀

--------------------------------..359dffe916abcbc834c00edf61e6dad0.jpg.f3ca0e08ed35e578078897dd92caaf01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Could always try meditation ,better than sat around I suppose 🙃

You don't !  You can be happy for Mothers /Fathers day and a lot of other days .

Just be happy that you can be happy but not compulsory.

What would you think if the pub had a happy hour ? Just be happy for that hour .🤔

Don't worry be happy 😀😀

--------------------------------..359dffe916abcbc834c00edf61e6dad0.jpg.f3ca0e08ed35e578078897dd92caaf01.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you  Kalos, you are a diamond.   That made me cry with laughter on a bit of a difficult day.🤣

I hope OH canget it on my phone so I can send it to my friends  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you  Kalos, you are a diamond.   That made me cry with laughter on a bit of a difficult day.🤣

I hope OH canget it on my phone so I can send it to my friends  

Sorry to read your having it a bit rough but if I can bring a bit of laughter 

and happiness to you or anyone else for that matter,then that makes me 

all the more happy for it .   You Take care 😃

• Like 10

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Happy,,flipping happy. I remember happy. 1968...bah humbug..A pint of red barrel, a Wimpy and still got change from half a crowd. Tell that to kids nowadays and they don't know what you are talking about.

Half a crowd 🤣. Wasn't me, predictive did it. Obviously half a crown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

.A pint of red barrel, a Wimpy and still got change from half a crowd.

Thought you'd been begging in Wimpy's Zapp  🙃

"Spare us your change Guv 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

Awoke a 5:30, tried to get back to sleep, but hunger pangs made me get up at 6:15 for tea and biscuits.

Currently 7C and raining at the moment.

Have a volunteer shift this afternoon weather permitting, the site is quite muddy in parts and spend much of the time telling visitors to avoid certain areas and to watch their footing, in the 3 years I have been at the site never known it to be this bad. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Available from today on Royal Caribbean in Australia.

12903FC7-B1BD-470E-B252-74492D776311.jpeg.05704f846dd2bd11c004d37414ca6908.jpeg

They are going to use this system for disembarkation in the UK. They are calling it buffet to baggage in 3 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 25

Aurora's replacement announced....

Eoseas_1.thumb.jpeg.12e578ee4c60f9ec69500184298fa4e2.jpeg

"Nostalgia will be P&O's smallest and newest ship to sail the seas and will have a suitably intimate feel reminiscent of the great days of classic ocean travel 

"Exclusively for adults, Nostalgia will be 270 metres long and will have three classes of passengers over nine guest decks and a normal operating capacity of 999 guests and 350 crew. 

"P&O are sure that Nostalgia guests will return time and again to enjoy her classic cruising atmosphere.

"Nostalgia's size also means she will be able to visit some ports that larger ships can’t, and with 18 places to eat and drink, three theatre/lounge venues and three pools, she offers plenty of choice in dining, entertainment and relaxation.

"Unique to Nostalgia will be Captain Nemo's lounge in the fore-hull; an amazing glass bottomed dining and cabaret area set in the lower bow of the ship where first class passenger can relax with a Martini while our resident band plays music from the roaring 20s.

"One of the most environmentally friendly ship ever designed, Nostalgia will be meet every maritime ecological requirement. The ocenodynamic hull and the absence of stabilisers will not only save precious energy it will allow passengers to have a far more personal and realistic experience of how sailing was in the past."

A sleek now livery and an estimated top speed, with a gale-force wind behind the ship, of 50 knots.

All we can say is "Wow! Wow! Wow!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 22

Hello all, we are back from our Easter break on Aurora. We had a good time, with one unfortunate adventure! I will do a longer post later, probably tomorrow as we’re going to our son's later.

For now here is the Erasmus bridge in Rotterdam near where we were docked.

IMG_0475.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 14

@Beckett Jane, thank you for mentioning the sea sickness medication, however I’ve never taken anything on a cruise with me as I seem to have good sea legs 🤞🏻

John did feel a bit rough so we had to retire to our cabin fairly early the first night. We ate in the Beach House the first night which is high up. I think perhaps if we’d been lower down he would have been better. People were staggering about with the motion, it was quite something! Haven’t had rocky weather on a cruise for years! Was fine after the first evening.

• Like 8

Just returned from our first cruise on Ventura although have travelled on several Princess Grand class ships. 
Weather was not brilliant but was good in Oporto which was a new destination for us. Think @happy v was on this cruise as well. 
We felt the food was fine in the MDR, selection good and various vegetables.  We had freedom dining on a table for two and sometimes ate early and other times had a pager. 
We had two nicely spiced meals in Sindhu and also ate twice in Epicurean. 
Facecloths were no longer available. Drinks selection was limited especially cocktails. Embarkation at 2.15 was good and disembarkation ok but haphazard. We don’t do shows so can’t comment on that. The piano player Tony Williams was especially good and we were surprised that the Metropolis was a good substitute for the Crows Nest. Did miss having any classical players. There was one speaker but it clashed with other things. Lots of craft classes. 
All in all a lovely cruise and we shall going on Ventura again in the future. 

• Like 16

9 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Awoke a 5:30, tried to get back to sleep, but hunger pangs made me get up at 6:15 for tea and biscuits.

Currently 7C and raining at the moment.

Have a volunteer shift this afternoon weather permitting, the site is quite muddy in parts and spend much of the time telling visitors to avoid certain areas and to watch their footing, in the 3 years I have been at the site never known it to be this bad. 

It's 5.21 but nobody has ever called me a Woke.

• Haha 5

Good evening everyone, hope you have all had a nice Easter.

We are back from out TA on Arvia, we had a lovely time and we liked the ship.

The food was lovely, we ate in MDR, Epicurean, Green & Co(exceptional), Sindhu, Limelight Club x2, The Beach House. 

Our cabin was good one we got a new mattress put on the bed as it had practically collapsed at one side and I was getting awful backache.

Lift etiquette wasn’t too bad from a disabled point of view with most people giving me time to get in the lifts, but I have to say they are the smallest lifts I have seen on a cruise ship,

The weather from Tenerife wasn’t good with 7 metre swells, thankfully we were both ok.

We met up three times with one of our CC Members, Jennizor and her husband, lovely to put a face to a name.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 18

38 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

The food was lovely, we ate in MDR, Epicurean, Green & Co(exceptional), Sindhu, Limelight Club x2, The Beach House. 

Our cabin was good one we got a new mattress put on the bed as it had practically collapsed at one side and I was getting awful backache.

Lift etiquette wasn’t too bad from a disabled point of view with most people giving me time to get in the lifts, but I have to say they are the smallest lifts I have seen on a cruise ship,

The weather from Tenerife wasn’t good with 7 metre swells, thankfully we were both ok.

We met up three times with one of our CC Members, Jennizor and her husband, lovely to put a face to a name.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

I'm happy to hear you are home safe and well Michelle and you had a lovely cruise on Arvia.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Turned out nice again, after a miserable grey day yesterday and a damp and murky start today it turned into a lovely evening. It is so nice to be able to go for a walk after tea now we have some evening light.

I also managed to book a cheeky med cruise for next year on Queen Vic. I keep saying I need to stop booking cruises so far in advance but sometimes something catches your eye and you just have to do it.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Take care everyone 

Michelle

It was lovely to meet up with Michelle and Richard. It was amazing to find two people so easily amongst the throngs.

We also had a lovely cruise but found the sea days became a bit wearing towards the end. The ship was lovely as were the staff. We enjoyed some of the evenings in the atrium on the 6th floor, the artists were very good. We also went to the Limelight Club and had a great evening. Our balcony cabin was on deck 12 although smaller than we expected but as we didn’t spend a lot of time there, it didn’t really matter.

We had a dreadful return home however. We had no electric as there had been a power failure, early in the first week we were away. The under counter fridge and freezer in the kitchen and the larger ones in the garage were all completely defrosted. Ian managed to get the power back but we spent hours yesterday and today trying sort the issue. We left all the food in the large freezer in the garage, now all frozen again but totally unusable but we will get rid of it all over the next couple of days. Will speak to Saga tomorrow about claiming for all the ruined food. We will also get an electrician in to get his view on why this happened and get him to do whatever is needed to ensure it doesn’t happen again.He lives just a few houses away from us and is very highly regarded.

I feel like I need another holiday after coming back to this.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

It was lovely to meet up with Michelle and Richard. It was amazing to find two people so easily amongst the throngs.

We also had a lovely cruise but found the sea days became a bit wearing towards the end. The ship was lovely as were the staff. We enjoyed some of the evenings in the atrium on the 6th floor, the artists were very good. We also went to the Limelight Club and had a great evening. Our balcony cabin was on deck 12 although smaller than we expected but as we didn’t spend a lot of time there, it didn’t really matter.

We had a dreadful return home however. We had no electric as there had been a power failure, early in the first week we were away. The under counter fridge and freezer in the kitchen and the larger ones in the garage were all completely defrosted. Ian managed to get the power back but we spent hours yesterday and today trying sort the issue. We left all the food in the large freezer in the garage, now all frozen again but totally unusable but we will get rid of it all over the next couple of days. Will speak to Saga tomorrow about claiming for all the ruined food. We will also get an electrician in to get his view on why this happened and get him to do whatever is needed to ensure it doesn’t happen again.He lives just a few houses away from us and is very highly regarded.

I feel like I need another holiday after coming back to this.

That’s awful to come back to after such a lovely cruise. We had a similar experience, we turned on the central heating on the way home but when we got home there was no heating or hot water. We had work done on our house while we were away & after a call to our plumber found out they had turned the gas off. Richard turned it on and all was sorted thankfully.

Michelle

• Like 5