P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

53 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I have been saving pre-recorded Shirley Valentine for such an occasion and was hoping for Pretty Woman, The Proposal (Sandra Bullock) or Overboard (Goldie Hawn) to be on somewhere, but I think I'm out of luck. I'll find something though. The documentaries can wait .....

Goodness, I don't watch many films and you have quoted most of those I love.  I haven't seen The Proposal but will look out for it.  I only like happy films, love Mamma Mia and Bridget Jones.   Have you seen Mrs. Caldicotts Cabbage War, its a simple silly film but can be watched over and over again because it is fun.

Enjoy your weekend

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Goodness, I don't watch many films and you have quoted most of those I love.  I haven't seen The Proposal but will look out for it.  I only like happy films, love Mamma Mia and Bridget Jones.   Have you seen Mrs. Caldicotts Cabbage War, its a simple silly film but can be watched over and over again because it is fun.

Enjoy your weekend

I have seen, and enjoyed Mrs Caldecott’s Cabbage War 👍 and also the 2 Mamma Mia films and the Bridget Jones ones.  I too only enjoy happy films!  There is plenty to depress me in real life events and so for entertainment I generally want ‘light’. Do try Seaside Hotel, I’m sure you would love it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m off on my travels tomorrow so just finishing packing.  No WiFi this time so I’ll catch up with all your news in 10 days.

Have a blessed Easter and I hope the weather where you are for the holiday weekend is better than the dull wet day I have here.

I hope you have an enjoyable holiday.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here we go again,  wide awake!

Watched a bit of TV, just completed a weeks supermarket order.  Don't know what to do now, I don't read at night as I don't like a bright light and small print.

I wish I was tired at bedtime like normal people😊

• Like 6

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Watched a bit of TV, just completed a weeks supermarket order.  Don't know what to do now, I don't read at night as I don't like a bright light and small print.

I’m wide awake as well. We leave at about 9am but I’ve been up half the night.

I often listen to podcasts through the night. BBC sounds has a great choice, everything from politics and comedy to history and health. Or a book on audible.

Hope you are asleep now.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I have seen, and enjoyed Mrs Caldecott’s Cabbage War 👍 and also the 2 Mamma Mia films and the Bridget Jones ones.  I too only enjoy happy films!  There is plenty to depress me in real life events and so for entertainment I generally want ‘light’. Do try Seaside Hotel, I’m sure you would love it.

Does Seaside Hotel have subtitles mrsgoggins?  I can never keep up with them but it does sound interesting!

Morning everyone,

I've been up for the last couple of hours after a sleepless night. 

I'm all packed and ready to leave here in a couple of hours to go to Mum's from where the car leaves for Southampton. 

Hope you all have a good day and enjoy the Easter weekend.

Pam 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Not much fun and no matter what you try doesn't help .

I even had a  try at counting sheep. That didn't work for me .

By the time you get up,get dressed , drive all the way to the farm and then

drive back, you're wide awake again 🙃

A lovely bright sunny 6.c morning here ,hope you all have a good day 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

You have my full sympathy. I was awake, and so got up, between 3-4 am. I made a drink, ate a banana, listened to a radio programme which celebrated Tony Blackburn's 80th birthday and did today's Wordle and Quordle. 

I don't normally get more than one night a week like this so tonight should be okay - I hope 🤞

• Like 8

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone,

I've been up for the last couple of hours after a sleepless night. 

I'm all packed and ready to leave here in a couple of hours to go to Mum's from where the car leaves for Southampton. 

Hope you all have a good day and enjoy the Easter weekend.

Pam 

Hope you have a lovely holiday, just had two fabulous weeks on Arvia, brilliant food and great helpful staff

Michelle

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waju said:

Does Seaside Hotel have subtitles mrsgoggins?  I can never keep up with them but it does sound interesting!

Seaside Hotel does have subtitles. I thought we were going to watch series 7 last night and much to my dismay, I discovered that 4's streaming service only carries up to 6 series - which did end well and tied up ends, but still ...... !!

DH tells me we can buy the other series elsewhere (not checked where yet) as series 10 was released at the end of last year. I will be buying.  Do try at least 3 episodes and I bet you will be hooked.  It really is 'charming' and that's not a word you would use often about a TV series.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope you have a lovely holiday, just had two fabulous weeks on Arvia, brilliant food and great helpful staff

Michelle

Thank you.

Was on Arvia last May and had a lovely time.

• Like 1

I give up!🤣  More than one strange thing has happened this week.

This morning I sensed movement in my bathroom, looked down and a small army of ants were marching across the floor.  They scattered by my feet so went everywhere.  Its not even an actual outside wall, it where an extension joins.   Seems like a strange place and strange time of year to me. I hope they don't get into my bedroom, it's very close.

Any Ants in your Pants thoughts Kalos??????🤣🙃

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry to read you have got ants but before they get anywhere near your pants 

I would be buying some ant traps .put them down and leave well alone for a week

and all the little blighters take the bait back to the nest and kill off the queen and

themselves in the process. 

The only other thing I know about is the Adam Ant Diet plan ...

it works only if you 🎵 Don't Chew Ever , Don't Chew Ever .🎵 🙃

shopping.jpg.e8df747ad798b1339346b0ef8117dea2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

24 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I hope they don't get into my bedroom, it's very close.

You will need to be vigilant. 

Lovely warm spring day here. We went to Barnsley for breakfast as usual and picked up the shopping for over Easter weekend. We saw our first swallows of the year which I assume are nesting in the arches of the train wall. We have not seen them so early before up here. 

I hope everyone has a nice Easter

• Like 8

Re: ants   So glad it wasn't a Sp+d+r or I would be halfway down the street. Just the  name   fills me with dread.

To everyone off on holiday and cruising.. have fun, and enjoy every minute x

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Re: ants   So glad it wasn't a Sp+d+r or I would be halfway down the street. Just the  name   fills me with dread.

'Those that shall not be named' will eat the ants for you.

I know they are despised by many but they do help to rid homes of all types of creepy crawlies.

Avril

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

'Those that shall not be named' will eat the ants for you.

I know they are despised by many but they do help to rid homes of all types of creepy crawlies.

Avril

Yep they do more good than  harm ... I think Indiana has just run away 🥴

cf561a77af1ae1a525f48ff449a7f285.gif.c18a8974bd39d6e8e1b24f96e25e7d53.gif

@Adawn47 Mrs K has said to pass these breads onto you she got from ASDA

I have just had a fish finger salad wrap with a bit of mint yogurt 😋

Very tasty !       20240330_124542.thumb.jpg.2ebf554d49dc9313ea1a7c78d060d0e2.jpg Low salt ! 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Does Seaside Hotel have subtitles? I don’t like subtitles but it sounds good!

edit - just read your answer to this question! 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Does Seaside Hotel have subtitles? I don’t like subtitles but it sounds good!

edit - just read your answer to this question! 

Lol, I suggest you Google the series for other opinions but 'charming, elegant and nostalgic' appear and do sum it up well. No violence but interesting story lines, a bit of whimsy and good characters. 

20 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Lol, I suggest you Google the series for other opinions but 'charming, elegant and nostalgic' appear and do sum it up well. No violence but interesting story lines, a bit of whimsy and good characters. 

On your recommendation I have just started on series one and have watched the first two episodes. I like it already. I’m not normally keen on subtitles, but I’ll persevere with this. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1