P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril.

Sorry to hear about your mam's strokes.

I bought my arm monitor in 2015 and still use it.

Pauline's late mam's wrist monitor kept giving low readings when I used it.

Thank you for the information though as the wrist monitor is much easier to use.

I use the same make as Avril but the model is M2 but with the arm cuff,

this is the same model you often/most likely  see on your Drs desk.

I asked my Dr the same question and she said .The arm cuff is the one they 

prefer and use this as a template . 

The wrist model is good and will only be a minute out if any from the cuff model.

The problems are misuse ,darting around the house and taking a reading soon

after, or a bit stressed ,just finished a hot drink etc .

You need to be calm and relaxed. I take two readings at least .

• Like 4

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril.

Sorry to hear about your mam's strokes.

I bought my arm monitor in 2015 and still use it.

Pauline's late mam's wrist monitor kept giving low readings when I used it.

Thank you for the information though as the wrist monitor is much easier to use.

There's a certain way to use them and if your arm isn't in the correct posution it will give a false reading. I think that's why some don't find them accurate. It all comes down to what you're happier using. If you're not feeling comfortable you can't. relax then your BP will go up, so defeating the object really😉

Avril

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

There's a certain way to use them and if your arm isn't in the correct posution it will give a false reading. I think that's why some don't find them accurate. It all comes down to what you're happier using. If you're not feeling comfortable you can't. relax then your BP will go up, so defeating the object really😉

Avril

I always take 2 readings.

The nurse at the doctor's sometimes takes 3 readings.

I am always at least 10 minutes early and the appointments are often running late then the nurse says sit down and puts the BP monitor straight on my arm so no wonder the first reading is higher than what I do at home.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is quiet here.

I hope everyone is well.

Currently it is sunny and 12°C here.

Good morning Graham. Perhaps people had a late night watching the news!

Just going up to my home ‘office’ absolutely chucking it down here! 😔 Are we sure this is July?

Edited by P&O SUE
Typo
  • Like 7

I am an early bird today, bladder alarm went off at 07:00 and the sun was streaming through the windows so I didn't go back to bed.

I usually have a quick scan at the news feeds in case anything interesting happened. Nothing did. Another week nearly over, where did that go. Highlight for me was going out with Grandson, partner and my lovely Great Grandson Hugo who is now growing into quite a character.

20240630_121057~2.jpg

• Like 24

@yorkshirephil What a fabulous photo Phil and a lovely way to start and brighten our day. 

With that smile Hugo can take all our worries away. He's gorgeous!

Good Morning All. I thought I'd stay up and watch the results. Too tired. Then I thought I'd go to bed and listen on the radio. I was asleep before 11pm!

It's pouring down here this morning. Ted reluctantly went out for his morning ablutions then dashed back in with a dagger-like glance at me before going straight back to bed. Now snoring happily.

Two potentially good matches tonight folks before the stress and tension of watching England again tomorrow. My family are all going out to watch the match at our local. They asked me to join but I prefer to sulk on my own so I declined their offer.

Have a great day everyone. Keep dry and be well. Jane xx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, no surprises on the news front…. ! 🥱 we’re off to the IOW tomorrow, staying a week in a caravan at Compton & then I’m staying for an extra couple of weeks to look after my mum, she had her hip replacement on Tuesday in Southampton, all went well hopefully my sister will bring her home later today & she’s on nursing duties for the week. Hopefully Mum will behave 🤣.

• Like 8

Good morning everyone ,Hope everyone's ok.

What a great photo you have there Phil ,a photo to treasure but they soon grow up.

It's nice when they have similar hair to grandads as well but that wont last long.

Hope everyone's day is as good as little Hugo's smile -Take care 🙂

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I am an early bird today, bladder alarm went off at 07:00 and the sun was streaming through the windows so I didn't go back to bed.

I usually have a quick scan at the news feeds in case anything interesting happened. Nothing did. Another week nearly over, where did that go. Highlight for me was going out with Grandson, partner and my lovely Great Grandson Hugo who is now growing into quite a character.

20240630_121057~2.jpg

Interesting on TV this morning Jamie Oliver at the moment and James Martin in America at 9.00. We can watch that whilst we sort out breakfast. Not much else going on, so a trip into town. Shops ,bank, lunch. We may have a look at the news later to see if anything is going on.🤔

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Good morning, no surprises on the news front…. ! 🥱 we’re off to the IOW tomorrow, staying a week in a caravan at Compton & then I’m staying for an extra couple of weeks to look after my mum, she had her hip replacement on Tuesday in Southampton, all went well hopefully my sister will bring her home later today & she’s on nursing duties for the week. Hopefully Mum will behave 🤣.

I hope you have a lovely weeks holiday.

Best wishes to your dear mam after her hip replacement.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

20240630_121057~2.jpg

Fantastic photo Phil.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well,the downward spiral has started.In the Premier inn/Beefeater last night my BIL asked for sticky toffee pudding,after 20 mins the waiter said sorry sir no more available till the end of July.This morning at brekkie,no marmalade for the last 2 weeks.What next,this is worrying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Well,the downward spiral has started.In the Premier inn/Beefeater last night my BIL asked for sticky toffee pudding,after 20 mins the waiter said sorry sir no more available till the end of July.This morning at brekkie,no marmalade for the last 2 weeks.What next,this is worrying.

Could it be that it is one of the restaurants closing in respect of Premier Inn. Getting lots of emails for different Whitbread ones that are. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Could it be that it is one of the restaurants closing in respect of Premier Inn. Getting lots of emails for different Whitbread ones that are. 

New menu is coming into force so this maybe the reason why, we are having supply issues. Some sites are closing but restaurants wise they are staying open just from different times. Our sister site does not re open till 5PM for instance. Use to be open all day.

18 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Not this one,in Basingstoke,it's always busy.

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

New menu is coming into force so this maybe the reason why, we are having supply issues. Some sites are closing but restaurants wise they are staying open just from different times. Our sister site does not re open till 5PM for instance. Use to be open all day.

Can you fast track some marmalade to Basingstoke by the morning.

• Haha 3