P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning, it is cloudy again this morning and only 15° but predicted to get up to 18° later.

DH is going to finish the decorating this morning so that we can go to look for new carpet which will not be a very pale colour.  The current carpet is silver grey and shows every tiny mark , it was a nightmare hovering up dog hair several times a day when we had the dog to stay while the youngsters were on holiday.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 9

Well the rain is teeming down here and it’s dull outside. 

I’ll cut out any verbiage for the rest of the next 10 days by saying that it will continue to teem with rain outside with the addition of some thunder and lightening at times. This has been a truly dreadful summer with the only decent weather actually being in the spring.

I’ve been stuck indoors so the preserves cupboard is filling up early in the year. There is a large batch of saurkraut bubbling away in jars, given the rain the cabbage is a bit on the wet side!

Even the raspberries have been soggy, we have been having raspberry milk shakes to use them up,

I need some sunshine and thankfully we are off to Italy in a few weeks.  The problem is over the worst of the winter it’s very hard to find anything that leaves from Scotland other than the Canary’s, Madeira etc which we have done multiple times. I don’t like long haul flights and cruise from Southampton are very thin on the ground this year.

Hopefully the weather is much better where you are. Enjoy the outdoors if you are able to.

• Like 11

Had heavy rain first thing, but has cleared away now and is supposed to be fine for the rest of the day. 

A day of sewing for me, as my daughter's dress needs mending before her cruise at the end of the month, but no other plans.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

• Like 7

We are back in Bolton Le Sands for the week...we come here several times a year...really is a lovely area.

Rained early this morning but now sunny and blue skies.

Off to the Festival Market at Morecambe....they have a really good jigsaw swap stall so hopefully will come home loaded with jiggys 

Cheerio

• Like 7

Good morning all it’s a bit grey here but still dry , other have has taken 5 of the grandchildren on a long walk this morning to earn their breakfast at McDonald’s 😁 so I’m catching up on some washing and polishing and excursions picking.

Avril it was lovely to see you post , you know we are all thinking of you , just take your time and mend yourself 🥰 sending you a virtual hug 🧸 and anyone else who’s not feeling 100% .

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s a breezy day here today but plenty blue sky and sunshine.

It’s my birthday today, I have just met the girls for coffee this morning which was lovely and my mum is coming for tea later.

I went to the Hot Ice Show in Blackpool last night, it was fabulous, highly recommended.

I should go to the gym this afternoon but not sure I am in the mood today

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@Peanut006 Happy Birthday Michelle.

I think you should give yourself the day off from the gym today. Remember there are no calories on your birthday, so it would be pointless…..🤣🤣

Gill x

That sounds great !!! No calories suits me, can I have no calories every day? 

Michelle

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well the rain is teeming down here and it’s dull outside. 

I’ll cut out any verbiage for the rest of the next 10 days by saying that it will continue to teem with rain outside with the addition of some thunder and lightening at times. This has been a truly dreadful summer with the only decent weather actually being in the spring.

I’ve been stuck indoors so the preserves cupboard is filling up early in the year. There is a large batch of saurkraut bubbling away in jars, given the rain the cabbage is a bit on the wet side!

Even the raspberries have been soggy, we have been having raspberry milk shakes to use them up,

I need some sunshine and thankfully we are off to Italy in a few weeks.  The problem is over the worst of the winter it’s very hard to find anything that leaves from Scotland other than the Canary’s, Madeira etc which we have done multiple times. I don’t like long haul flights and cruise from Southampton are very thin on the ground this year.

Hopefully the weather is much better where you are. Enjoy the outdoors if you are able to.

How I agree with you about the weather - it has been truly dreadful up here this year.  I was looking forward to my cruise on Azura next month but unfortunately I’ve had to cancel due to some current medical problems.   I shall just have to hope that things will get sorted out and I’ll be able to get away in the winter.  🤞

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s my birthday today, I have just met the girls for coffee this morning which was lovely and my mum is coming for tea later.

image.gif.88a278dae33d6d9d3ff87ac2ba531b41.gif   Have a good one 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

How I agree with you about the weather - it has been truly dreadful up here this year.  I was looking forward to my cruise on Azura next month but unfortunately I’ve had to cancel due to some current medical problems.   I shall just have to hope that things will get sorted out and I’ll be able to get away in the winter.  🤞

I might see you on Azura again in the Winter

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope whatever the issue is it improves very soon.

Being stuck in constant wet and cold is no fun. I haven’t stopped taking my vitamin d supplements all year. It’s becoming thouroughly depressing. I noticed last night that it was getting dark long before 10pm as well so winter is coming and summer never came!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I went to the Hot Ice Show in Blackpool last night, it was fabulous, highly recommended.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Enjoy your day. I’m with Angel, no calories count on your birthday.

Birthdays are funny things. Loved them as a child, hated the ones with zeros in the middle, now I’m proud of my age and thankful for every year of health and enjoyment.

Have a lovely evening with mum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Happy birthday Michelle.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

IMG_20240820_185543.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1