P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

But we are still the 'kids' on here... 

Andy 

Ah but it's worth pointing out that your now " Middle Aged " and you know you’ve

reached middle age when you’re cautioned to slow down by your doctor, instead

of by the police :classic_unsure:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I think it was right to put Jamie into the final of Strictly but very surprised that Shirley 'saved' him as previously she had said how good she thought Ranvir's dance was good,I really hope that either HRVY or Maisie win next week as I think they are the 2 best dancers by far. Fingers crossed for HRVY.

I agree that Jamie was better than Ranvir but I find him so irritating that I was hoping that he would fall over or something during the dance off so that the judges would have to save Ranvir.  It is hard to decide between Maisie and HRVY so I don't mind which of them wins, both are far better than Bill or Jamie.

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I would really like that

As a crazy 25 December birthday girl, I have always felt lonely on my ‘special day’

Good idea Avril

My grandson will be 24 on christmas day Eddie, so you're in good company. We'll all celebrate your birthday with you and don't forget the virtual birthday cake. They're the best kind, no calories😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kalos said:

I will drink to that Cheers Eddie :classic_biggrin:

Mmmm about 3 ish .. Oh no ! Queens on telly  🎶 This thing Called Love 🎶 ... :classic_love:

One for us all to think about :classic_smile:

I thought maybe later, after dinner when everything's cleared away and we're all feeling mellow, early eveningish? We've a little while yet to find a time to suit us all, and your in charge of finding a good pub turn Kalos 😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I think it was right to put Jamie into the final of Strictly but very surprised that Shirley 'saved' him as previously she had said how good she thought Ranvir's dance was good,I really hope that either HRVY or Maisie win next week as I think they are the 2 best dancers by far. Fingers crossed for HRVY.

I want HRVY to win as well  but mainly because I want Janette to win the Glitterball.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’m sure Freddie will be the life and soul of the party!

ECC03063-E846-496A-80D5-B296D963B1C7.jpeg

You can see exactly what's going through his mind.

'' Oh heck, she's at it again. I'm dreading Easter, I don't mind the rabbit ears too much, but she's getting nowhere near me with that tail this time''😁

Avril

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought maybe later, after dinner when everything's cleared away and we're all feeling mellow, early eveningish? We've a little while yet to find a time to suit us all, and your in charge of finding a good pub turn Kalos 😁

Avril

I'm usually asleep by then in the chair with a post it note on my head saying 'Judy Garland'.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I agree that Jamie was better than Ranvir but I find him so irritating that I was hoping that he would fall over or something during the dance off so that the judges would have to save Ranvir.  It is hard to decide between Maisie and HRVY so I don't mind which of them wins, both are far better than Bill or Jamie.

It's often an underdog that wins... 

Andy 

Re Strictly, I thought it was sad Ranvir went home when it was her first time in the dance off and it was Jamie’s fourth! He hasn’t  got the public vote so he would not win. 
I can’t remember a more open final, I think HRVY or Bill will win but I’ll probably decide on the night! 

Edited by P&O SUE

Article in the BBC news  with the headline “Britain’s told not to stockpile ahead of January”.

In the comments section people are saying that the supermarkets have already put limits back on certain items. I can’t say I have noticed that as yet when ordering but perhaps I’m not buying the popular items or in small enough quantities that the restrictions don’t come up.

Anyone noticed this when ordering?

Perversely the fact that stockpiling is mentioned is likely to cause it. I suppose however that the news needs reported, the Sunday times also mentioned supermarkets being instructed by ministers to stockpile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Article in the BBC news  with the headline “Britain’s told not to stockpile ahead of January”.

In the comments section people are saying that the supermarkets have already put limits back on certain items. I can’t say I have noticed that as yet when ordering but perhaps I’m not buying the popular items or in small enough quantities that the restrictions don’t come up.

Perversely the fact that stockpiling is mentioned is likely to cause it. I suppose however that the news needs reported, the Sunday times also mentioned supermarkets being instructed by ministers to stockpile.

Are you up early or late to bed?

Noticed that Tesco is restricting naan to 3 when I updated an order yesterday.

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Re Strictly, I thought it was sad Ranvir went home when it was her first time in the dance off and it was Jamie’s fourth! He hasn’t  got the public vote so he would not win. 
I can’t remember a more open final, I think HRVY or Bill will win but I’ll probably decide on the night! 

Her first dance on Saturday was awful, that probably cost her. 

Andy 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Tesco have been limiting some items for a while now, and there's still an overall limit on the total number of items (which includes things like vegetables if you select to order by item number rather than weight!).

Quite a few items which you'd expect to be in stock aren't though, and that's going to be the problem from January I suppose.  We import nearly half of the food we eat, half of that from the EU coming through without any paperwork or delays at the ports until now, and it's no surprise we're hitting problems. 

You probably saw the bit in the Sunday Times saying that food producers have warned of shortages of vegetables for three months, with emergency planners predicting that no-deal would 'spark panic-buying on a scale that could dwarf the coronavirus crisis'.

I was slightly heartened by the boss of Tesco in a radio interview last week.  He said that, even in the worse case scenario, there would not be food shortages, per se.  He acknowledged that there would be times when there were gaps on the shelves but never when the shelves would be empty.  Looks like we’ll need to be flexible and be prepared to shuffle the menu plans.

I won’t add my personal thoughts - nothing to be gained, lots of snoozing canines best left in their beds

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Same here, we don't even know half of the "celebs" anyway.

There were very few that I had heard of  this year and some of those that I knew the names of I would not be able to pick out in line up.  Most of them are probably hoping to raise their profile so that they get more work.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't think the amnesty really works for most people if you followed the rules correctly. 

We have our bubble and are sticking to it, inviting others who are parts of other bubbles who are parts of other bubbles breaks the rules. 

We won't take any further risk, but many will. 

Andy 

We usually have Christmas Day at our house with my mum and dad, Michelle's mum and dad and my sister and partner so 9 in total. Michelle's sister and brother-in-law rarely visit.

Michelle is in a bubble with her parents so they'll be visiting on Christmas Day which will be their first visit since February. In normal times we see them pretty much every week and they always come on our cruises with us so we think that they'd have missed seeing us on Christmas Day more than anyone else in our family. They've been mostly isolating since March and have hardly been out so we're comfortable with them coming over for a few hours and we'll be doing our best to social distance and keep some air flow throughout the house.

My sister has been really understanding and won't be visiting, my dad will either be in hospital or care so we can't do anything for him which leaves my mum who I am in a bubble with. We've invited her for Boxing Day but she's undecided though she knows that it's an open invitation whereby she can decide on the day.

Overall I think that's the best that we can do.

On the plus side the washing up shouldn't take me as long as it usually does on Christmas Day! 🤞

• Like 7