P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

John.

To be fair Harry was only supplying an answer to a question he was asked.

I am a Tory brexiteer but think Boris is out of his depth with Covid19.

So who in this world has this pandemic under control?. Just wondering who this perfect being is. Is it just my imagination, or is the virus in control and public servants are doing their very best to deal with something nobody alive had ever had to deal with.Just asking🤔

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I really do feel for you Sue and I understand how the thought that it could be their last christmas is so upsetting. Are you in teir 4?

Avril

Yes into the dreaded tier 4. Feel sorry for retailers, they have to close tonight. 
I can’t see an end to it. My son drives for Sainsbury’s home delivery, hope he doesn’t get any grief this week from people.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

So who in this world has this pandemic under control?. Just wondering who this perfect being is. Is it just my imagination, or is the virus in control and public servants are doing their very best to deal with something nobody alive had ever had to deal with.Just asking🤔

A ridiculous 5 day jolly was condoned again on Wednesday PMQ.

Today no Christmas for Tier 4.

Just watched Sky News and crowds of people at Kings Cross panicking to get out of London.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just watched Sky News and crowds of people at Kings Cross panicking to get out of London.

Makes you wonder where they are all planning to go, they are clearly not worried about spreading the virus. The whole concept of putting them in tier 4 was to try and curb the spread of the new strain. I know it is going to be difficult for people but their irresponsible actions will have to be paid for with more lives lost.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

John.

To be fair Harry was only supplying an answer to a question he was asked.

I am a Tory brexiteer but think Boris is out of his depth with Covid19.

Yes, a total omnishambles.  Other phrases are available from "The Thick of It", but they would be quickly removed!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes into the dreaded tier 4. Feel sorry for retailers, they have to close tonight. 
I can’t see an end to it. My son drives for Sainsbury’s home delivery, hope he doesn’t get any grief this week from people.

Hopefully people will realise that he is bravely doing his job in difficult circumstances.  Not his fault if there are no Pigs in Blankets in stock!

• Like 5

On a lighter note , what do others think of Bill Bailey winning Strictly? I had wanted HRVY to win but thought the dances chosen by or for Bill highlighted him at his best whereas I wasn't keen on HRVYs showstopper.Need another 'feel good' programme! now that Strictly is over.

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham, be reasonable, it was never expected to be a jolly, just a way to have some sort of family Christmas, but always with the proviso that the relaxation was a maximum and everyone should try to minimise both time and numbers and to continue with all the previous social distancing and covid precautions.

As for crowds flocking to get out of London, Whitty gave his view of this at the briefing, but what would you suggest should happen to these people. If the police do nothing that will be wrong, if they stop them leaving and or arrest them, that will also be wrong. 

• Like 2

Just now, ann141 said:

On a lighter note , what do others think of Bill Bailey winning Strictly? I had wanted HRVY to win but thought the dances chosen by or for Bill highlighted him at his best whereas I wasn't keen on HRVYs showstopper.Need another 'feel good' programme! now that Strictly is over.

I hadn’t 100% made up my mind until they did the show dance- and I thought Bill’s was fantastic so gave him my 6 free online votes! Very pleased for him and Oti.

• Like 3

Well, the good news is that my 94 year old mother is getting her jab on Tuesday, with the second scheduled for 3 weeks later.

She has walked to town to buy a lamb joint from M&S,  has got frozen roast potatoes ready, and is making a trifle for dessert. 

No issues,  no crying, just a "get on with it" philosophy. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 15

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We wanted Harvey to win, mainly because we like Janette.  I think Harvey and Maisie split the young vore, so Bill triumphed.

But, why bother with the judges when, apart from Craig, they just give out 10s. Just nincompoopery! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A month or so ago all the full up trains were coming south. Perhaps all the folk at Kings Cross were going back home for Christmas. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

At least they are not "Driving Home for Christmas "

Exaggeration leads to some strange images. I think the film I have in mind was Will Smith in , I think, I am Legend. All these people trying to get out of the city before they turn into zombies. In this case all these panicky Londoners escaping to the leafy Northern towns for safety, but hang on, perhaps they were Northern folk who planed to go back home next week anyway  but brought their plans forward. I think all the Northern folk should barricade the platforms. That will teach. Those Islingtonians.

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Exaggeration leads to some strange images. I think the film I have in mind was Will Smith in , I think, I am Legend. All these people trying to get out of the city before they turn into zombies. In this case all these panicky Londoners escaping to the leafy Northern towns for safety, but hang on, perhaps they were Northern folk who planed to go back home next week anyway  but brought their plans forward. I think all the Northern folk should barricade the platforms. That will teach. Those Islingtonians.

My niece may be one of those on a train heading north(but to Merseyside from Euston).I don't necessarily approve but she rents a flat in London and had planned to spend the '5' days with family at Christmas.I do feel sorry for her that if she isn't one of those travelling 'home' tonight that she will be by herself all Christmas.A lot of young people who live in London don't drive so have no option other than to travel by public transport.She would feel terrible if she had the virus and passed it on to my sister and my elderly Mum so I hope she is staying put but I can understand her (and others ) dilemma.Its not simply a case of 'fleeing north' to escape the virus!

• Like 3

Morning all. 

Moving on, and looking on the bright side, there's a complete order (no substitutions) from Waitrose coming around 7, with some nice food for Christmas, a couple of bottles of Marsala, and some interesting new chocolate I haven't yet tried.

It's also Sunday, which is croissants + hot chocolate from a Velvetiser day.

Good day ahead!!!  ☺️

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ann141 said:

I would have liked Hrvy or Maisie to win but everyone loves an underdog and Bill was that person.  I think that Bill came across as someone who was working hard to do his best and I agree that his dance choices showed him at his best.  I was just happy that Jamie didn't win.

• Like 2