P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

A lot of it about.  The sister of one of our friends slipped and broke an elbow this week as well.

Hi SoA,roads and pavements here in Hornchurch mainly clear but still freezing.Been going out for my daily 4 mile walk in wellys,felt a bit silly in them this morning,Brian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Yes it's nice to have that card to carry with you isn't it ? :classic_smile:

When 3 weeks have passed we will still be staying safe as this thing is not over 

until most of us are vaccinated and more important the infection rate falls down.

How is your friend today any updates Avril ?

Still very cold outside and I'm glad to be back snug and warm again in the house.

Stay in and stay safe ,that's what I think.  I despair when we have the powers that be 

tell us avoid going out in bad weather , only to find an ex health minister broke his 

arm whilst jogging on ice and snow !  The worlds gone mad  !

Should anyone desire to go out in the snow then get on some grass , not  concrete

and do something constructive with your time . Like build a snow man !

I know Dave will be reading as he is not posting at the moment , so I have sought 

this snowman design out for you .  :classic_unsure: It should go down a treat in your garden Dave .

Hope you all have a nice day , Don't jog on ice !  (Sounds like a TV programme ):classic_unsure:

and stay safe .:classic_smile:

SNOW2.thumb.jpg.ec36a0a54fdb64891adba7666ea7c8f4.jpg

The perfect cat for Dave. Easily disappears with a bucket of warm water, not forgetting to evict the squatter first.

I had a crackley phone call with Maggie this morning and mentally, she's not so good. They aren't doing the lasering until next week now, as her back is still sore from the drain they put in her kidneys when she was admitted. They've told her she wiil be in hospital for a while yet and she is missing seeing her families faces. I cheered her up a bit and we had a laugh together, but feel so sorry for her, she's lost without her family contact.

Avril

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pete14 said:

We arrived at about 9:55 for 10:00 appointment.

Glad that you are continuing and regular monitoring of your antibody levels will be helpful. It will be interesting to find out what they will do (if anything) if your antibody levels fall to a very low level. My dilemma is that if I am invited for my NHS jab in the next couple of weeks which seems possible but dependent on how much priority they give to second jabs, I will have to decide whether to reject it and wait a few weeks for the crossover trial, provided it is approved. My current thinking is that as I am not doing anything to risk catching the virus (assuming I have not been given the vaccine during the trial), I might as well wait for the crossover which will actually give maximum protection sooner because the gap between the two jabs will be only 3 weeks. 

The problem with the crossover trial is that it has not been authorised yet and the lady talking to us said that it was not yet clear when it would be.

One lady asked what she should do if she was called for the NHS vaccine and was told that before she took up the offer she should call  the trial to be unblinded because it is not advisable to have another vaccine if you have already had the trial one.

I am happy that I have had the Novavax jabs with only 3 weeks between them because my concern about the NHS ones is that they have not been tested for a longer gap between the jabs.

Edited by Josy1953

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The perfect cat for Dave. Easily disappears with a bucket of warm water, not forgetting to evict the squatter first.

I had a crackley phone call with Maggie this morning and mentally, she's not so good. They aren't doing the lasering until next week now, as her back is still sore from the drain they put in her kidneys when she was admitted. They've told her she wiil be in hospital for a while yet and she is missing seeing her families faces. I cheered her up a bit and we had a laugh together, but feel so sorry for her, she's lost without her family contact.

Avril

They say that's the best medicine :classic_smile: That will have done her the power of good and you 

as well come to that matter . Thanks for the update you two keep chatting & laughing ,it's 

the only way to go !  Onwards &upwards :classic_love:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

It's good that you managed to cheer her up.  I can't imagine being in hospital and having no family contact.

I hope that she is home soon.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Got mine booked for tomorrow afternoon in superdrug, Guildford, 5 miles away. Poundland must be closed. Funny as our hub is in the town centre only a mile away. I'm sure they have a very good reason and know why. I won't be hurt that they didn't explain why as they are very busy and have important stuff to do ,not really bothered, just want us jabbed.

Good news Zap.

Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow and neither of you have any side affects.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The problem with the crossover trial is that it has not been authorised yet and the lady talking to us said that it was not yet clear when it would be.

One lady asked what she should do if she was called for the NHS vaccine and was told that before she took up the offer she should call  the trial to be unblinded because it is not advisable to have another vaccine if you have already had the trial one.

I am happy that I have had the Novavax jabs with only 3 weeks between them because my concern about the NHS ones is that they have not been tested for a longer gap between the jabs.

Just to make my decision more difficult, we each got a text today from our surgery asking us to book an appointment for the jab. I was taken by surprise because neither of us are 65 yet. We contacted the trial and are waiting for a doctor to ring us back. Apparently, even if we had the placebo and take the NHS vaccine, we can continue in a different trial.

• Like 2

STOP PRESS!!

I went on the web site again, but rather than use my NH number, I entered my personal details. Got straight through, booked both dates, vaccination to  be done at the Lincolnshire Show Ground hub. First appointment is on Monday. Very chuffed.

I suggest all those of you having issues try the same tactic.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

As predicted, being blasted by the easterly gale has woken us up and lifted the mood a little.

Something which really cheered me was seeing this tweet by Susie Dent

”'The dog's bollocks' began as typographers' slang for the colon dash because of its appearance :-   Its meaning shifted to follow other formulae of excellence, such as 'the cat's whiskers', 'the bee's knees', and the sadly-lost 'kipper's knickers'.”

That truly is the kipper’s knickers! 😂

Has anybody ever heard that one before?  A couple of respondents on Twitter said they knew it

If you like Susie Dent's explanations (as well as Susie herself) have a look at You Tube:

Susie Dent Swears!! History of Swear Words - YouTube

Not for those with sensitive ears!!!

Wonder if I'll get banned for posting such a link?

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi SoA,roads and pavements here in Hornchurch mainly clear but still freezing.Been going out for my daily 4 mile walk in wellys,felt a bit silly in them this morning,Brian.

Today is better than yesterday.  London Road is clear, as is the pavement, but the streets on the roads off the A13 are still iffy.  Walked up to the local Aldi, on our street it was safer to walk in the road than on the pavement.

The Ole Lady had a hospital appt in Leigh on Sea yesterday before 10:00.  We took the bus, rather than than risking sliding the car getting onto the main road.  It was almost like having a day out! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

STOP PRESS!!

I went on the web site again, but rather than use my NH number, I entered my personal details. Got straight through, booked both dates, vaccination to  be done at the Lincolnshire Show Ground hub. First appointment is on Monday. Very chuffed.

I suggest all those of you having issues try the same tactic.

Well done Wowzz.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Glad to managed to cheer her up a bit. Hope she makes a speedy recovery and can get back to her family.

• Thanks 1

Had to go out today to sign papers and I was surprised that although our High Street  was extremely quiet I would say about 90% of people were keeping their masks on even when out in the street.

On a light note... I had an e mail from Iceland yesterday saying they were reducing  their large Easter Eggs  from £8 for two to £6 for two.   Whats going on   .. its only February!!!!🎅😼😊

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

As predicted, being blasted by the easterly gale has woken us up and lifted the mood a little.

Something which really cheered me was seeing this tweet by Susie Dent

”'The dog's bollocks' began as typographers' slang for the colon dash because of its appearance :-   Its meaning shifted to follow other formulae of excellence, such as 'the cat's whiskers', 'the bee's knees', and the sadly-lost 'kipper's knickers'.”

That truly is the kipper’s knickers! 😂

Has anybody ever heard that one before?  A couple of respondents on Twitter said they knew it

Not the 'kipper's knicker's', but I've heard the 'sardine's whisker's', and I'd often heard Gran say the 'cat's pyjama's. Gran was very straight-laced and if she felt the need to curse her favourite saying was ''Oh, jam and butter it!'' Always made me smile.

Avril

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Had to go out today to sign papers and I was surprised that although our High Street  was extremely quiet I would say about 90% of people were keeping their masks on even when out in the street.

On a light note... I had an e mail from Iceland yesterday saying they were reducing  their large Easter Eggs  from £8 for two to £6 for two.   Whats going on   .. its only February!!!!🎅😼😊

Some eggs do go cheep eventually :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It's good that you managed to cheer her up.  I can't imagine being in hospital and having no family contact.

I hope that she is home soon.

She's used to seeing her son, DIL and grandaughter often over the last year either in person or zoom, they are in her bubble and her only contact. Her sister and I were also regulars on Facetime. Now her only contact is via her phone and the reception is terrible, it keeps dropping out and crackles all the time. I know the important thing is to get her well and home again, but she is so low at the moment and that won't help her recovery.

Avril

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Saw them on the Tesco website in January, will be available before Christmas soon!