P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thank you. I felt poorly but didn’t know I was quite so ill until I felt hot, checked my temp and realised I was well into pyrexia! I tried with another thermometer as I thought the first one had to be wrong, it wasn’t.

All I can say is that the NHS can move fast when it’s required, for which I am grateful.

Glad to hear you’re on the mend now x

• Thanks 1

Welcome home Jean & welcome back to health Eglesbrech - I’d missed you.

Not sure why I’m posting, other than to say that.  It’s a dull, dull day, weather wise and a non-exciting day in general terms.  Thank goodness for the vaccines - we’d be in a pretty sorry state if there was no prospect of things improving, wouldn’t we?  Well, i certainly would.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I started having grey hairs in my twenties (like my dad) so that’s why I started doing mine!

When I was little I always told people my dad wasn’t grey but ‘silver’ 😊

Both our daughters are the same, they take after their dad, but our son doesn't bother, he has a the modern Kalos Kut.😉

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Something relaxing.

This is beautiful and reminded me of a beautiful song too. Reminds me of my brother who was a huge fan and thanks to him I grew up listening to them. They don't make 'em like this anymore ......

Edited by Presto2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

This is beautiful and reminded me of a beautiful song too. Reminds me of my brother who was a huge fan and thanks to him I grew up listening to them. They don't make 'em like this anymore ......

Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Much nicer morning here after a few murky days. Hope everybody is as well as can be expected.

Morning Phil. All good in North London. Very chilly and a bit foggy but..........it's Friday! If I wasn't working I'd spend the day planning how to spend my 1% pay rise. Have a great weekend. Jane.x

• Like 6

It’s a bright morning here, with light high cloud and some blue sky and sun.  Cold though.  We haven’t been out yet but will do so shortly.  It’s Friday so our walk will take in the fish wagon, whilst avoiding dog play areas, as our girl is still in purdah (only a few more days, thankfully 🤞)

Have a good day everyone

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning Phil. All good in North London. Very chilly and a bit foggy but..........it's Friday! If I wasn't working I'd spend the day planning how to spend my 1% pay rise. Have a great weekend. Jane.x

I wasn’t going to mention it, but it’s a kick in the teeth isn’t it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I wasn’t going to mention it, but it’s a kick in the teeth isn’t it. 

Not for me personally Ardennais because my contribution is minimal compared to some. I feel for the real heroes though - the ICU staff who are on their knees with exhaustion and who have seen things from which they won't ever be able to recover and forget. Still, the country can't afford it so on we go. Have a great weekend. Jane.x

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I hope there is a rethink of your payrise.I'm sure the public would vote for you all to have a 100% pay rise!! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Not for me personally Ardennais because my contribution is minimal compared to some. I feel for the real heroes though - the ICU staff who are on their knees with exhaustion and who have seen things from which they won't ever be able to recover and forget. Still, the country can't afford it so on we go. Have a great weekend. Jane.x

That’s very modest of you but you’ve played your part too. Bet you they find the money for some ‘other’ things though! 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I hope there is a rethink of your payrise.I'm sure the public would vote for you all to have a 100% pay rise!! 

I'd be happy for my eventual State Pension to be reduced if the money went to the NHS instead.

I'd forgo the winter fuel allowance too.

• Like 4

Less murky here this morning, temperature her hovering around 2C. Panic call from my 88 yr old MiL this morning worried that Amazon have charged £369 to her credit card, told it was a scam as I had seen warnings of the scam on our community FB page. We have Call Guardian on our landline which has stopped the calls, they try but once they are asked to announce their name they hang up.

Hopefully last day of our road being used as a diversion route due to a burst water pipe repair on a nearby road. been like the M6 for last week, not really suitable as a lot of parked cars, I have been fully expecting a few accidents this week given the quality of some drivers. The bins were collected to day and we had drivers sounding their horns at 7.30 this morning as they couldn’t get past. The road is not really suitable as a diversion, but on this occasion there was no alternative as the alternative route was closed due to longer term gas main work.

• Like 1