P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’m ‘only’ 56 but for most of my working life thought my pension age would be 60! So I’m still a bit miffed I still have to wait another 11 years as it’s 67 for me! John is 4 years older than me so we would have retired about the same time. His retirement age is 66 and 6 months! I keep telling him I’m retiring when he does and he replies ‘no you’re not’ !

Same here.

I'm 64 Pauline 59.

• Like 1

Well it looks gorgeous again today, I’m going to go for a walk soon. John’s weekend in work 😞

I’m a bit grumpy though because a neighbour who’s garden backs onto my next door neighbour seems to be having a bonfire 😡 At this time of day!! I want to put my washing out and it stinks.

• Like 1

Reading through the papers this morning and I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!   The comedy series 

One Foot In The Grave filmed an episode called Warm Champagne ,which in my mind has

to be one of the funniest scenes where an ambulance crew deliver an old woman to

Victors bed and worse still he gets in with her :classic_ohmy: It seems that the Welsh have managed

to turn this comedy script into reality :classic_smile:  

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/17/pensioner-put-into-strangers-bed-after-being-taken-to-the-wrong-house-14428908/

Here is the classic episode should anyone wish to see it ... :classic_love: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well it looks gorgeous again today, I’m going to go for a walk soon. John’s weekend in work 😞

I’m a bit grumpy though because a neighbour who’s garden backs onto my next door neighbour seems to be having a bonfire 😡 At this time of day!! I want to put my washing out and it stinks.

At this time of day!! I want to put my washing out and it stinks.

Calgon seems to work and cleaning the filters helps.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

I agree about the Queen sitting alone. Surely someone could have sat next to her?

And whatever your opinion of the PoE, he knew how to arrange the weather!  Fantastic day.

Apparently Prince Andrew was sat only 3 seats away from her, but the cameras seemed to make a point of not showing him in any shots.

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

There was one moment when The Queen bowed her head so low you couldn't see any any part of her - she looked so vulnerable - just a very elderly lady in the throes of deep and unassuagable grief.  I found it very moving.  My heart ached for her.

What a wonderful tribute we paid to Prince Philip though. The coming together of all the service bands, the wonderful music, the dignity of the whole day, and the beautiful weather. Nobody does it better.

Jane.x

Nobody does it like we do.  Very moving, timed to perfection.  With lovely littlel touches like the carriage with his gloves and cap.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Nobody does it like we do.  Very moving, timed to perfection.  With lovely littlel touches like the carriage with his gloves and cap.

Yes Jean. I forgot to mention that. Sight of those personal items was also a very touching moment. A tear to the eye moment. Jane.x

Kalos yet again a good morning verse from you , I look forward to them every morning and I think if you should miss one , one morning we will all be in a panic and not have our daily fix 🌞

Jean I’m so pleased you can go up stairs now without your stick you’re recovery has been remarkable and your husband sounds like a Jem , my husband is like that too very thoughtful and caring.

I watched the funeral yesterday and thought it was very well organised and very dignified and sad with all the little touches he loved . 
Im supposed to be starting a 3 day diet tomorrow it’s one issued by the hospital for people to lose weight quickly for operations, I’ve had it for 35 years given to me from MIL so I could get into my ball gowns for the military do’s always worked lose a stone in 3 days , but a lot harder now, only about 7lb , so because I’m not very well at the moment and antibiotics I will put it off for another week , I think a lot of people call it the military diet 😂.

Lovely and sunny here husband in garden this morning putting grass seed down and now in the hot tub resting his back 😆 going to his dads today to watch the Rangers game and I’m resting watching the F1 later , Roast lamb today for dinner, have a lovely day everyone.

sandra 

• Like 4

It was a lovely church service this morning.

We are currently sitting looking out to sea eating a picnic and drinking coffee and hot chocolate.

It is 14°C and sunny.

There is a car boot sale in progress in the field next to the beach car park.

IMG_20210418_114747.jpg

IMG_20210418_120701.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It was a lovely church service this morning.

We are currently sitting looking out to sea eating a picnic and drinking coffee and hot chocolate.

It is 14°C and sunny.

There is a car boot sale in progress in the field next to the beach car park.

IMG_20210418_114747.jpg

IMG_20210418_120701.jpg

Ooh don’t know if I fancy a boot fair at the moment!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

At this time of day!! I want to put my washing out and it stinks.

Calgon seems to work and cleaning the filters helps.🤣

Haha! 😛

My mood has greatly improved now. I’ve had a walk, sniffed the air and decided to risk my washing!

Then I was sitting on the patio with a coffee when I had a video call from son and grandson! I had to rush indoors as I couldn’t see anything in the bright sun. Nice dose of vitamin D 😊 I’ve also got my Dad’s NT number so I booked for him and my mum for next week so they can join us at Sissinghurst so that will be nice. They didn’t use their membership at all last year. I explained to my Dad how to book it but he’s hopeless!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I didn’t! 😝

Neither did I. My drawing of state pension age changing from 60 to 66.5 still irks me as does the change in NI where I had paid full contributions and then found I was several years short. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Neither did I. My drawing of state pension age changing from 60 to 66.5 still irks me as does the change in NI where I had paid full contributions and then found I was several years short. 

Oh no! On Gov.uk it says I’ve paid in full so I hope it’s right! They really don’t make it easy for us do they?

• Like 1

Enjoy Sissinghurst Sue, we talked about going there next Wednesday or Thursday but we'll have a pushchair and not sure how easy that would be.

We had our grandson for his first sleepover last night, it wasn't terrible but wasn't a great success either. I had to apologise to the neighbours for the crying between 3 & 4 am, and that was just me lol

Avril, if you see this, how did you get on with your garden swing seat? I tried sitting right back in mine this morning but if I do that I can't reach the floor to swing it 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Enjoy Sissinghurst Sue, we talked about going there next Wednesday or Thursday but we'll have a pushchair and not sure how easy that would be.

We had our grandson for his first sleepover last night, it wasn't terrible but wasn't a great success either. I had to apologise to the neighbours for the crying between 3 & 4 am, and that was just me lol

Avril, if you see this, how did you get on with your garden swing seat? I tried sitting right back in mine this morning but if I do that I can't reach the floor to swing it 😂

There was something on the website about ‘accessibility’ and I did notice it said buggies aren’t allowed in the formal gardens. I choose it because it’s fairly flat for my mum.

Oh dear re the sleepover 😞 I was talking to a work colleague the other day about her first sleepover with her grandson who’s a bit younger than mine - she said by 4am her and the little one fell asleep on the settee where she’d taken him to not disturb her husband! 

37 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh don’t know if I fancy a boot fair at the moment!

Romford market open today and quite busy.Lovely day.Pubs and restaurants in Hornchurch with outside areas are heaving and there are quite a few of them.The Fatling and Firkin a bit too busy for my liking with not much spacing.Nice to see a bit of normality though,cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I too was expecting to be able to retire at 60. It was then moved to 65 and then 66. I can draw my pension on my 66th birthday. Last time I checked my contributions are paid in full. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Same for us. I am 6 and a bit older than DW, so I took my pensions at 65 worked on for 16 months and put the money in her account so we could retire at the same time. Changing the age at short notice was fairly unfair.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1