P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Apropos of nothing, we went for a stroll along the river Trent, and had a lunch time pint in the village pub. There was a Rolls Royce Cullinan in the car park.  ( No, I didn't know the name of it either until I looked jt up on Google). 

"What do you think of that? "  I asked my wife. "Looks like a cross between a taxi and a hearse " she said.

Just looked up the price - £276,000 before personal additions! 

I suppose if you can afford it, you don't really think about the price like us mere mortals! 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/autos/news/worlds-most-expensive-new-car-rolls-royces-c2-a320m-boat-tail-revealed/ar-AAKrnOD?ocid=uxbndlbing

th?id=OVFT.Z23JTIpv6J_L66g0h4bG_i&pid=News&w=197&h=112&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90

Edited by yorkshirephil

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

Funny old country. We just got back from a week in Cornwall. The first half sunscreen would have been washed off by the rain, second week factor 30. Dorset in 3 weeks, who knows 🤣.

You just missed the rush mate.Apparently there's 50 mile queues in Devon and that's just to see Jean.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You just missed the rush mate.Apparently there's 50 mile queues in Devon and that's just to see Jean.

A beautiful day has dawned here in North Wales. Bound to bring out the day trippers to get in the way of us locals, using our beach, eating our food and drinking our beer. 🥴

Edited by pete14
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning. 
Well the Cher tribute we went to last night was brilliant. People had their chairs and tables spaced well apart, lots of food and drink and everyone was enjoying themselves. There were lots of people up dancing around where they were sitting and on a tarmac in front of the stage. Lots of happy smiling people out enjoying live music. Normality seemed a bit strange to be honest but brilliant. I bet there are a few sore heads this morning!!! 

Have a good day and enjoy the sun

Michelle

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning. 
Well the Cher tribute we went to last night was brilliant. People had their chairs and tables spaced well apart, lots of food and drink and everyone was enjoying themselves. There were lots of people up dancing around where they were sitting and on a tarmac in front of the stage. Lots of happy smiling people out enjoying live music. Normality seemed a bit strange to be honest but brilliant. I bet there are a few sore heads this morning!!! 

Have a good day and enjoy the sun

Michelle

I'm really pleased you had a fantastic time Michelle.

Graham.

16 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Good grief, can you throw some back over into the neighbours garden 😇

Have your bees gone away, Sarah?

Mention of neighbours reminded me of a visit yesterday from a neighbour asking what we were going to do about another cluster of honey bees at the front of the house. The ones at the back have settled in nicely now, but they have some friends!

Explained that there wasn’t anything much we could do, short of having someone destroy them (no way). Not a good reaction - but they might sting us. Bear in mind, they’re on our house and drive, some way from anybody else.

They’ve moved here from London. Had to explain that we do get bees in the countryside, that they’re crucially important, and that we don’t go round exterminating them. I do wonder if they’re going to settle here - lockdown move.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone hope everyone is feeling ok this morning ,what a nice day

we had yesterday, a bit misty this morning but promises to be another lovely day 

once the sun burns it back . I have to be careful these days as some of my medications

seem to make me burn more easily these days .Without cream or sun hat as little ten 

minutes and my head can end up looking like a Swan Vesta match:classic_ohmy: I never used to be

like that. So you who can get a tan enjoy it !  I once knew a woman  who ran  a mobile

sun tan service and her name was Tannya , how surreal  and apt name was that ?:classic_unsure:

We don't seem to see many sun bed vans these days they were all the rage at one time .

Some fads come and go though like the Ice bucket challenge or things like sitting in 

a bath full of beans !   I thought I would try it out once, When I got out I was all sticky,

I had beans stuck everywhere and a pain to to clean them off. Now looking back at it

In Heinz -sight I shouldn't have done it really .:classic_unsure: Today We have our new oven coming

today, the old one packed in back in December 2019 but got by with our mini oven and

slow cooker but will be nice to have another step towards normality in our everyday lives.

Mrs Kalos is a good cook so I will be looking forward to some lovely meals from her new

oven. The worst meals I ever had was from our works canteen cook Irene. She never did 

realize I was  not complimenting her cooking when I  used to say to her "you remind me

of Gordon Ramsay", Like a scene out of the Last of the Summer wine café it was :classic_unsure:

I hope you all have a pleasant day ,take care and stay safe:classic_love:

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

On Saturday from Exeter to Bristol the traffic was pretty much continuous with folk going down. Fortunately for us we were heading away. I must admit, looking at all those 4x4's I did spare a thought for our Jean.😂

Edited by zap99
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone hope everyone is feeling ok this morning ,what a nice day

we had yesterday, a bit misty this morning but promises to be another lovely day 

once the sun burns it back . I have to be careful these days as some of my medications

seem to make me burn more easily these days .Without cream or sun hat as little ten 

minutes and my head can end up looking like a Swan Vesta match:classic_ohmy: I never used to be

like that. So you who can get a tan enjoy it !  I once knew a woman  who ran  a mobile

sun tan service and her name was Tannya , how surreal  and apt name was that ?:classic_unsure:

We don't seem to see many sun bed vans these days they were all the rage at one time .

Some fads come and go though like the Ice bucket challenge or things like sitting in 

a bath full of beans !   I thought I would try it out once, When I got out I was all sticky,

I had beans stuck everywhere and a pain to to clean them off. Now looking back at it

In Heinz -sight I shouldn't have done it really .:classic_unsure: Today We have our new oven coming

today, the old one packed in back in December 2019 but got by with our mini oven and

slow cooker but will be nice to have another step towards normality in our everyday lives.

Mrs Kalos is a good cook so I will be looking forward to some lovely meals from her new

oven. The worst meals I ever had was from our works canteen cook Irene. She never did 

realize I was  not complimenting her cooking when I  used to say to her "you remind me

of Gordon Ramsay", Like a scene out of the Last of the Summer wine café it was :classic_unsure:

I hope you all have a pleasant day ,take care and stay safe:classic_love:

Nowt wrong with Sid's cafe  kalos, they do some lovely scones

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Mention of neighbours reminded me of a visit yesterday from a neighbour asking what we were going to do about another cluster of honey bees at the front of the house. The ones at the back have settled in nicely now, but they have some friends!

Explained that there wasn’t anything much we could do, short of having someone destroy them (no way). Not a good reaction - but they might sting us. Bear in mind, they’re on our house and drive, some way from anybody else.

They’ve moved here from London. Had to explain that we do get bees in the countryside, that they’re crucially important, and that we don’t go round exterminating them. I do wonder if they’re going to settle here - lockdown move.

Hi Harry

i was going to ask you about your bees today. It’s good the ones at the back have settled, hopefully the ones in the front will do the same quickly.

Is the neighbours house attached to yours? It doesn’t sound like they are quite prepared for rural living.

Ours were still going behind and under the summerhouse yesterday, there didn’t seem to be so many and they weren’t as fussed about us as they were the other day. We use the area by the summerhouse often so have moved a potted lavender plant that they like to a different spot and have replaced it by a mint plant that apparently they don’t like and have sprinkled some cinnamon around the area we use most. We don’t want to kill them but would like them to use a different corner of the garden.

Good luck with the neighbours!

• Like 2

Well it's Sunday morning and Salcombe Harbour is packed with boats, from the smallest 2.5 metre dinghy to a 23m large gin palace.  Yesterday was extremely busy and enjoyable.  At the minute, it's quiet cos most of them aren't up yet.  I do wish they would learn to drive, they must get through a lot of brake pads.  Brakes go on when seeing another vehicle, when going round a corner and they drive at 22 mph!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Bloody Londoners Harry.Just tell them to pop round with a couple of slices of toast every morning.That'll keep them quiet.

22 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hi Harry

i was going to ask you about your bees today. It’s good the ones at the back have settled, hopefully the ones in the front will do the same quickly.

Is the neighbours house attached to yours? It doesn’t sound like they are quite prepared for rural living.

Ours were still going behind and under the summerhouse yesterday, there didn’t seem to be so many and they weren’t as fussed about us as they were the other day. We use the area by the summerhouse often so have moved a potted lavender plant that they like to a different spot and have replaced it by a mint plant that apparently they don’t like and have sprinkled some cinnamon around the area we use most. We don’t want to kill them but would like them to use a different corner of the garden.

Good luck with the neighbours!

I love cinnamon on bread pudding,you could throw lumps of that at them if my ex cooked it.

• Haha 1

Sorry but we have forgotten something!!!!

A few months ago a couple of people mentioned  plantar wotsit (of the heel) and they mentioned things that worked for them. I think they may have been something unusual.   Can anyone remember or can the culprits kindly  let me know.   

OH is moaning, whinging  and limping and I've got earache!!🙃

Seriously though I think he is feeling pretty uncomfortable today. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry but we have forgotten something!!!!

A few months ago a couple of people mentioned  plantar wotsit (of the heel) and they mentioned things that worked for them. I think they may have been something unusual.   Can anyone remember or can the culprits kindly  let me know.   

OH is moaning, whinging  and limping and I've got earache!!🙃

Seriously though I think he is feeling pretty uncomfortable today. 

When mine flares up I chill a tin can in the fridge or freezer and roll my foot over it, wear socks if the tin has been in the freezer! I bought a tin of smart price beans especially for that purpose.

I also do stretches, stand on the edge of a step with heels hanging over, and gently bounce letting your heels dip below the step.

Insoles in shoes can help too but do take a bit of getting used to.

It can be very painful, he has my sympathy.

Chocolate also helps mine 😁

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

When mine flares up I chill a tin can in the fridge or freezer and roll my foot over it, wear socks if the tin has been in the freezer! I bought a tin of smart price beans especially for that purpose.

I also do stretches, stand on the edge of a step with heels hanging over, and gently bounce letting your heels dip below the step.

Insoles in shoes can help too but do take a bit of getting used to.

It can be very painful, he has my sympathy.

Chocolate also helps mine 😁

Chocolate certainly helps as does a glass of wine.

I also find rolling a cold bottle of white wine under the foot works and even better when you then slowly drink the contents 🤣

I’m suffering with Plantar too at the moment. It’s horrid.

Edited by Angel57
Omission
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Chocolate certainly helps as does a glass of wine.

I also find rolling a cold bottle of white wine under the foot works and even better when you then slowly drink the contents 🤣

I’m suffering with Plantar too at the moment. It’s horrid.

I never thought of using wine 😁

it is horrible, I hope yours and Mr Indiana’s clears up quickly!

• Like 1