P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Is anybody old enough to remember when they sent you luggage labels?. Now it's, oh the printer ink must be getting low !. Bend line A under line B. Do not cut. Not that line you nincompoop. The paper label is now good and thick. That should hold. Where is the little screwdriver so I can dig the bent staples our of the stapler. ......still it saves them 2pence per cabin.....tight gits.🤬

I remember when everything was sent to you - tickets, luggage labels and the great excitement of receiving the tours brochure six or seven weeks before sailing. 
Some changes are good, but some (and I totally agree re luggage labels) have not. The labels sent generally with tours brochure never tore or fell off like the ones I print off do!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

It’s not as quiet as I would like , the sleeping mode starts of on 2 which is really my normal fan noise then it drops to 1 which is quieter but not perfect but doesn’t annoy my husband. 

Thanks, I did watch an amazon video review yesterday and it sounded the same volume as the one we already have. I'm just a bad sleeper, any noise and I'm wide awake, unless it's 9:30pm, on the sofa, half way through a tv drama, then I can sleep solidly 😏

• Like 4

Managed to get around 6.5 hours sleep last night put the fan up a notch to level 4, a moderate breeze! 

Up at 6.45 to water garden,  bedding plants and vegetables starting to suffer, used hose as I didn’t fancy multiple trips backwards and forwards to tap, our garden is long and narrow.

Temperature was a pleasant 18 C. Breakfast on patio for second day running, since we got back. Seems we have one more hot day then back to normal weather wise from Saturday. Hopefully cooler next week as I have a fence to paint, followed by the garage doors and garage window frame.

As 3 grandchildren come out of self isolation, a fourth enters that world, my daughter a teacher has had her second Pfizer jab, slept for 36 hours, but now up and about, hoping that she doesn’t get a call to isolate due to any child in her classes testing positive in the last few days of term. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks, I did watch an amazon video review yesterday and it sounded the same volume as the one we already have. I'm just a bad sleeper, any noise and I'm wide awake, unless it's 9:30pm, on the sofa, half way through a tv drama, then I can sleep solidly 😏

That's me to a T...

• Like 1

We are just sitting watching a really heavy rain shower, no need to water the plants tonight thank goodness, our water butts were getting low.  There is a bit of distant thunder rolling around too.

Hopefully the air will feel a bit fresher when it stops.

• Like 1

We’re  continuing to enjoy access to a seaside property.  This is, in effect, a holiday for us.  Lots of eating out; lots of shore access.  Very relaxing

Whole oven cooked plaice (enormous!) with garlic butter for Brian to salivate over

8739EE42-4672-4B35-BF06-24FEE9C46805.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 5

It has been a cooler 18°C today at South Shields beach.

There was a little sea fret but it was still warm enough to sit on the beach.

I hope Zapp got away on his cruise today.

Hopefully mask wearing is still in force as it seems to be in the larger stores up here.

Graham.

IMG_20210722_121215.jpg

IMG_20210722_123536.jpg

IMG_20210722_125552.jpg

IMG_20210722_133201.jpg

• Like 8

Lovely beach Graham - and tons of space 

It’s busy down on the sunny south coast.  We saw folk today who looked as though they had enjoyed 2 weeks inSpain or Greece

Thirsty work though.  The pup enjoyed the dregs of my half-pint from a local brewery

6015A3B8-AEBB-4B75-A309-1BC96CF3E6CB.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My wife has just booked our Flu jabs for 21st September at Boots. We had last years flu jab there so she got an email notification. We go away on a  Princess Cruise on 5th October (hopefully) so will be nice to have it 2 weeks before we board. We both get it for free this year as it is for all over 50s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We are just sitting watching a really heavy rain shower, no need to water the plants tonight thank goodness, our water butts were getting low.  There is a bit of distant thunder rolling around too.

Hopefully the air will feel a bit fresher when it stops.

We're just a bit further north than you in Cheshire and not a drop. Hottest day today here so far at 30 degrees (still 28) after previous 4 days at 29 max each day,. Supposed to be a cool 26 tomorrow, better get the winter woollies out!

Ooh enjoy your cruise zap! That’s come round quickly.

Purdey - hopefully things will improve now and I agree with all the other comments, hope it all works out for you.

Much cooler today but still very warm. Much better than the last two days oppressive heat. It really was too hot yesterday to run round after a two year old!

I sat out for a couple of hours this afternoon, was pleasant at first but then got really hot so came in. 

Exciting news on my Southampton trip - I’ve booked the roof terrace for Sunday lunch at the Harbour Hotel - looks lovely 😊 I did look at Saturday but it was fully booked!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Lovely beach Graham - and tons of space 

It’s busy down on the sunny south coast.  We saw folk today who looked as though they had enjoyed 2 weeks inSpain or Greece

Thirsty work though.  The pup enjoyed the dregs of my half-pint from a local brewery

6015A3B8-AEBB-4B75-A309-1BC96CF3E6CB.jpeg

Nice photo Eddie.

Cute pup.

Graham.

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh enjoy your cruise zap! That’s come round quickly.

Purdey - hopefully things will improve now and I agree with all the other comments, hope it all works out for you.

Much cooler today but still very warm. Much better than the last two days oppressive heat. It really was too hot yesterday to run round after a two year old!

I sat out for a couple of hours this afternoon, was pleasant at first but then got really hot so came in. 

Exciting news on my Southampton trip - I’ve booked the roof terrace for Sunday lunch at the Harbour Hotel - looks lovely 😊 I did look at Saturday but it was fully booked!

That sounds great Sue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Have you tried Melatonin?  Buy online from the US, or if you are visiting, available in any pharmacy.

Or, Dormadina, next time you are in Spain - again, available in any chemist. 

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We're just a bit further north than you in Cheshire and not a drop. Hottest day today here so far at 30 degrees (still 28) after previous 4 days at 29 max each day,. Supposed to be a cool 26 tomorrow, better get the winter woollies out!

We are just a bit further north than you in Lytham St Annes, hottest day here too, stayed indoors all day. Just been out for a walk with dogs now and it’s still really warm. An uncomfortable night ahead I guess

Michelle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a cooler 18°C today at South Shields beach.

There was a little sea fret but it was still warm enough to sit on the beach.

I hope Zapp got away on his cruise today.

Hopefully mask wearing is still in force as it seems to be in the larger stores up here.

Graham.

IMG_20210722_121215.jpg

IMG_20210722_123536.jpg

IMG_20210722_125552.jpg

IMG_20210722_133201.jpg

Lovely beach graham no stones which I like , too many stones down here in Bournemouth 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

We’re  continuing to enjoy access to a seaside property.  This is, in effect, a holiday for us.  Lots of eating out; lots of shore access.  Very relaxing

Whole oven cooked plaice (enormous!) with garlic butter for Brian to salivate over

8739EE42-4672-4B35-BF06-24FEE9C46805.jpeg

DH had exactly that 3 weeks ago when we were in weymouth. Couldn't look at him or it😃😃

5 minutes ago, delgirl said:

DH had exactly that 3 weeks ago when we were in weymouth. Couldn't look at him or it😃😃

We are in Weymouth on holiday in September but I wouldn't be able to look at my hubby eating that either.I don't like fish .I could eat the chips!

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Have you tried Melatonin?  Buy online from the US, or if you are visiting, available in any pharmacy.

Or, Dormadina, next time you are in Spain - again, available in any chemist. 

Have you used them, do you know if there’s any side effects? I’ve taken 

kalms nights before but they made me even more awake.

7 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I remember reading that someone found that taking your daily anti histamine tablet, the drowsy version, in the evening helped with disturbed sleep?

A sea sickness tablet like Avomine or Phenargen will also give you a very good night’s sleep!