PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

@MamaFej   Thanks so much for sharing your experience on your two cruises!   Glad you had such a good time.

I've been mulling over why the experience around masking and other protocols might be different between Celebrity and Princess.   One thought that finally came to me is that when we all think of the start of the COVID pandemic, cruise ships come to mind:  the Diamond Princess and the Grand Princess.      Maybe Princess is being extra cautious to keep their brand out of the news in case of another outbreak?

• Like 4

On 10/1/2021 at 11:13 PM, Thrak said:

I do find it a bit odd when I see people driving in their car, all alone, with the windows rolled up, and wearing a mask.

Because some people are OCD and don't want to take their mask off just to put it back on again at their next stop and have to adjust it "just right".  (my dh is like that) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2021 at 11:13 PM, Thrak said:

I do find it a bit odd when I see people driving in their car, all alone, with the windows rolled up, and wearing a mask.

My favorite is the guy who was getting radiation treatment at the same time as me. He wore 3 masks at once and surgical gloves. 

2 hours ago, Doug R. said:

My favorite is the guy who was getting radiation treatment at the same time as me. He wore 3 masks at once and surgical gloves. 

I get it. I have a chronic lung condition, so I double-masked when I went to the hospital to get both Covid vaccine shots. The, they made me put on a third at the door (it showed patients have been screened and was mandatory). I had to go to the bathroom to take one off before I checked in.  I wore a surgical under a cloth, but more than one surgical doesn't improve filtration unless the inner one is a tight-fitting N95.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I get it. I have a chronic lung condition, so I double-masked when I went to the hospital to get both Covid vaccine shots. The, they made me put on a third at the door (it showed patients have been screened and was mandatory). I had to go to the bathroom to take one off before I checked in.  I wore a surgical under a cloth, but more than one surgical doesn't improve filtration unless the inner one is a tight-fitting N95.

To clarify, two masks were N95 and the third was a plain cloth under the two.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Doug R. said:

I would probably pass out 🙂Last time I was in the Hospital got yelled at during a scan for pulling my mask down at a scan! said I want to speak to your supervisor ! He told her to  knock it off! Some days I can tolerate it some days not! Fully vaccinated although do not what that Know means any more! 😞

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

I would probably pass out 🙂Last time I was in the Hospital got yelled at during a scan for pulling my mask down at a scan! said I want to speak to your supervisor ! He told her to  knock it off! Some days I can tolerate it some days not! Fully vaccinated although do not what that Know means any more! 😞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Two N59s is probably overkill. Plus, the N95 should be the first/innermost layer so that it can be tight on your face. The cloth mask should be on top/outermost.

• Like 2

Things in Boston are pretty good right now 😁 My wife and I will be getting our booster shots next week.

the weather is good so I will be taking my granddaughters  on The Rowboat fishing this weekend.

All they did the last time was laugh all day at me for catching the smallest fish in the ocean. 
It’s ok I love being with them!! 

FC90F54D-934D-4D92-9D04-C7DE0BCFFDFC.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:53 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Things in Boston are pretty good right now 😁 My wife and I will be getting our booster shots next week.

the weather is good so I will be taking my granddaughters  on The Rowboat fishing this weekend.

All they did the last time was laugh all day at me for catching the smallest fish in the ocean. 
It’s ok I love being with them!! 

FC90F54D-934D-4D92-9D04-C7DE0BCFFDFC.jpeg

Your entertaing them and making memories! 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, donswife said:

3 years ago yesterday we set out on the Caribbean Princess for our Panama Canal trip. This is what we caught yesterday,  from our 16' fishing boat

20211008_173909.jpg

You look a lot like former poster WAMarathoner.

No commentary.  Just an observation.

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, Things in Boston are not good at all. 
I have some very bad news for you one of my best friends and a lot of you might know her?  Sue was a trivia Champion and Love playing  on the cruise. She passed away last week. 

She was one of the kindest and friendly person I met on a cruise. I am posting her photo because a lot of you may know Sue. Sue and Gus were the most traveled passengers so many times.

Sue, Rest In Peace my wife and I will never forget you,

Love ❤️ 🙏🏻
Tony

6313822E-589D-4F57-8AA4-496BB72CA604.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I have some very bad news for you one of my best friends and a lot of you might know her?  Sue was a trivia Champion and Love playing  on the cruise. She passed away last week. 

She was one of the kindest and friendly person I met on a cruise. I am posting her photo because a lot of you may know Sue. Sue and Gus were the most traveled passengers so many times.

Love ❤️ 🙏🏻
Tony

Tony, I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend.  Praying that precious memories of your times together will bring comfort and laughter in the midst of your grief.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, donswife said:

Where in Washington are you? We are in Vancouver. Do you have a supermarket in your town?

Hi @donswife! We are on that cute peninsula, Ocean Shores (not the Long Beach peninsula). We are 75 miles west of Olympia. Aberdeen is our closest main town which is 22 miles away and takes at least 30-35 minutes to reach. Grays Harbor County has really grown in the last few years and the one road to (Hwy 109) get there can be really crowded and many slow drivers and RV's.

In answer to your other question, yes, we have an IGA which is horribly run down and expensive. Sometimes, they have decent sales. So, there is a Dairy Queen and Papa Murphy's in Aberdeen and other fast food.

Once, every 2.5 to 3 weeks or so, I make a day out of driving to Olympia and make the rounds of: Costco, Trader Joes, Fred Meyer, and Total Wine. If needed, I will run to Aberdeen and go to Safeway which happens to be a fabulous Safeway! We get our vaccines at this Safeway because the Pharmacy staff is wonderful and very skilled at administering the injections. Our neighbors also go there for their shots.

You were our neighbor for 35 year when we lived in Portland. It is always nice to see a Washingtonian on CC! And Oregon too!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 11:16 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Love ❤️ 🙏🏻
Tony

So sorry RIP Sue! May your husband find some peace!

Edited by Reader0108598

Looked up after hearing a weird warbling while working in the yard and saw a huge flying “V” of sandhill cranes flying south, with little groups breaking away like fluid ribbons to rejoin at another section of the V.   The sky is blue, leaves are changing and it’s a beautiful fall afternoon.  AND the Moderna booster should be approved for use soon, so yo-ho for restored protection.  Such a fine ending to an odd week.  Yay!

• Like 2

Feeling a little bit neglected. This is the time of year when I normally get a bogus "Happy Birthday Jill" email from Princess. For the past several years I've gotten that email on October 14. This year... Zip.

Of course my name isn't Jill and I have actually never even known anybody named Jill but normally I get the Happy Birthday Jill email from Princess on the 14th. I wonder if this is a result of changing over to the MC app. They've had to actually take a look at some of their data as there was obviously an issue getting things moved over to the app. Perhaps Jill is gone from my life forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 10/12/2021 at 11:16 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Love ❤️ 🙏🏻
Tony

So sad to hear this.  RIP Sue!

On 10/17/2021 at 6:26 PM, Thrak said:

Feeling a little bit neglected. This is the time of year when I normally get a bogus "Happy Birthday Jill" email from Princess. For the past several years I've gotten that email on October 14. This year... Zip.

Of course my name isn't Jill and I have actually never even known anybody named Jill but normally I get the Happy Birthday Jill email from Princess on the 14th. I wonder if this is a result of changing over to the MC app. They've had to actually take a look at some of their data as there was obviously an issue getting things moved over to the app. Perhaps Jill is gone from my life forever.

Reality:  Isn't it obvious?  Princess has 'Jill-ted' you.  Time to forget them and move on with your life.

They were just using you all these years.  It was never meant to be.

• Haha 3