Enchanted - Will it be ready?

ian441672

10 hours ago, luvflorida said:

I am being civil. Just want to know why, when most countries experiencing rapid growth of COVID cases are issuing stay at home orders and lots of cruise lines are stopping cruises, people still want to pay good money to go on a floating Petrie dish. 

We agree with you.  We are booked on the Enchanted in Feb 2021 and have already decided to cancel that cruise.  At this time, we are not planning on any future cruises, on any cruise line.  As much as we have loved cruising, our cruising days may be over.

• Like 5

I have been wondering what will happen too. I'm on her for an Eastern Caribbean cruise at the end of November. It would be just my luck that it's cancelled. Want to hear a funny story? 

I have never been to St. Maarten or St. Thomas, but not for lack of trying!

1995-Royal Caribbean cruise. Hurricane appeared the 3rd day of our cruise. Raced back to Florida to stay ahead of it, thus missing those 2 islands.

2017-Carnival cruise for a friend's wedding. Hurricane struck earlier (Maria?) and Carnival cancelled Fascination cruises to use the ship to house relief workers. Missed those islands again.

2019-Princess cruise scheduled, but travelling companion had a major financial setback and we ended up taking a shorter/cheaper cruise to the Bahamas just to be able to go somewhere. Missed those islands again. 

Now 2020-Enchanted is in limbo. Might miss those islands again.

So I've come to the conclusion that the universe doesn't want me to ever see St. Maarten or St. Thomas! Maybe I should listen...

• Thanks 1

I just saw this thread, and I all reality I don't think the Enchanted Princess will be ready on time.

We are booked for the 50day Discovery Princess South America cruise in January 2022, and I doubt very much it will happen.

Poor Princess has lost a lot of revenue, and to get two ships ready for scheduled  Debut dates will not happen now that the world is in lockdown with Corvid-19.  Italy is in a very bad way, so the ship building will come to a halt, and then supplies will be on hold due to other industries coming to a halt also.  

I really feel Princess will do a complete restructuring of all future cruises.  

Just my opinion. That's all.  🙂 

23 hours ago, Tyme2Cruise said:

We agree with you.  We are booked on the Enchanted in Feb 2021 and have already decided to cancel that cruise.  At this time, we are not planning on any future cruises, on any cruise line.  As much as we have loved cruising, our cruising days may be over.

I am booked on Enchanted for Jan 2021. Will wait it out, let Princess cancel and see if they offer replacement or OBC. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 23ros said:

I just saw this thread, and I all reality I don't think the Enchanted Princess will be ready on time.

We are booked for the 50day Discovery Princess South America cruise in January 2022, and I doubt very much it will happen.

Poor Princess has lost a lot of revenue, and to get two ships ready for scheduled  Debut dates will not happen now that the world is in lockdown with Corvid-19.  Italy is in a very bad way, so the ship building will come to a halt, and then supplies will be on hold due to other industries coming to a halt also.  

I really feel Princess will do a complete restructuring of all future cruises.  

Just my opinion. That's all.  🙂 

we'll be on that Discovery cruise with ya, keep it positive. poor yourselves a glass of Symphony Hill cab and relax. 

6 hours ago, 23ros said:

The Enchanted won't be ready on time, so they'll most likely just cancel the scheduled cruises up to the time it is ready.  We are also on the 50 Day Discovery cruise, that's a loooonnnnggggg time away.  We are sure things will have improved by then and the cruise will be a go!  Positive thoughts...

If Discovery Princess has reached the point of keel laying/initial blocks being assembled then I’d say she most likely will go forward as planned, albeit perhaps a delayed entry into service. Any new builds beyond that may be delayed by several years. 

I still anticipate that Princess may yet accelerate the retirement of Golden and Star, and possibly retire Grand, Sun and Sea as a result of the economic downturn from Covid-19. Once ships start sailing I think we will also see a MASSIVE reshuffle of ships for 2021-22, not just with Princess but industry wide. 

• Like 4

We are booked on July 5th Cruise Tour and then meet up with ship on the 11th.   Looking less and less likely but our full payment has been extended to 5/6 and I dont think I am going to pay unless i have more concrete info.     Hope everyone is staying safe.

Enchanted was on sea trials on 3/12 and I am watching her to see if they turn on transponder

• 1 month later...

Some Enchanted sailings have been cancelled and now the first sailing is on November 21, 2020 out of FLL.  We are on the April 3, 2021 TA, FLL-Barcelona.  We are using it as transportation to Europe, and then flying to Munich to visit our DS and DIL who live and work in Munich.  To ME, it doesn't make sense they will bring it over for the Caribbean season when there are plenty of ships for the Caribbean.  I think they may just keep it in Europe.  Thoughts?

We are scheduled on Enchanted May 8 for 21 days RT Barcelona.  I am hopeful by then we can all be back cruising - And on a brand new ship.  We have one of the all glass ocean view cabins on the front of ship.  Very excited to try that!

To me, I think Princess may do something like Carnival is trying - Going slow - a few ships at a few ports in Caribbean.  

I was reading the Worldometer site on countries cases, deaths, etc and very view islands have been affected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gardenbunny said:

We are scheduled on Enchanted May 8 for 21 days RT Barcelona.  I am hopeful by then we can all be back cruising - And on a brand new ship.  We have one of the all glass ocean view cabins on the front of ship.  Very excited to try that!

To me, I think Princess may do something like Carnival is trying - Going slow - a few ships at a few ports in Caribbean.  

I was reading the Worldometer site on countries cases, deaths, etc and very view islands have been affected.

I am confident the Europe Enchanted cruises are a go, but, it is hard for me to imagine them bringing the ship here for a few months instead of keeping it in Europe and starting there.    I am doubtful the TA in April is a go.

As we all know everything now is purely speculation, however with that said, a newer ship may have a better chance than an older ship.    And depending on when the ship is completely finished and ready to sail, bringing it across the Atlantic could be something they use as part of sea trials....

As it stands now, we are going to be on the inaugural voyage November 21, 2020 sailing out of Port Everglades.  Fortunately, we booked this voyage a couple of months ago to coincide with a birthday celebration.

There aren't any itineraries posted before 11/21/2020 at this time.  Unless something awful happens between now and then, November 21st is it.

They will finish up construction and probably bring the ship across with no passengers until she reaches Florida.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Grego said:

As it stands now, we are going to be on the inaugural voyage November 21, 2020 sailing out of Port Everglades.  Fortunately, we booked this voyage a couple of months ago to coincide with a birthday celebration.

There aren't any itineraries posted before 11/21/2020 at this time.  Unless something awful happens between now and then, November 21st is it.

They will finish up construction and probably bring the ship across with no passengers until she reaches Florida.

Really doubt Princess would sail Enchanted across the Atlantic empty.  TAs are usually sold out and revenue boosters.  Likely Carnival Corp has not made firm plans for Enchanted's completion do to cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Really doubt Princess would sail Enchanted across the Atlantic empty.  TAs are usually sold out and revenue boosters.  Likely Carnival Corp has not made firm plans for Enchanted's completion do to cost.

I think the Enchanted is pretty well complete, and almost ready for sea trials.  Does anyone know?  I have not followed it very closely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am confident the Europe Enchanted cruises are a go, but, it is hard for me to imagine them bringing the ship here for a few months instead of keeping it in Europe and starting there.    I am doubtful the TA in April is a go.

According to a couple of posts at the beginning of March it was supposed to start sea trials.  I think the closure of Italy stopped that from happening.

14 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Well Celebrity Edge sailed from France empty for its inaugural cruise from Ft Lauderdale in October 2018.

16 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

I believe the reason would be getting passengers and crew to the ship. I’ve read Italy and Spain will not open for tourism until the end of the year. 

17 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

If you check the cruise calendar, there aren't any voyages planned now for the Enchanted Princess until the November 21st voyage.  Now, there might be the case that the ship will be carrying other personnel than the normal crew and those might be other crew persons that will be joining other ships in the Caribbean.  At this point the only Princess ships that will working the Caribbean are the Enchanted, Sky and Caribbean Princess - all subject to change.  Normally, the Regal and Royal would be doing the east and west but those have been taken over by the Sky and Enchanted.

We are still excited to be on the November 21st voyage and hopefully that is her inaugural voyage.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, Bollycats said:

I have been wondering what will happen too. I'm on her for an Eastern Caribbean cruise at the end of November. It would be just my luck that it's cancelled. Want to hear a funny story? 

I have never been to St. Maarten or St. Thomas, but not for lack of trying!

1995-Royal Caribbean cruise. Hurricane appeared the 3rd day of our cruise. Raced back to Florida to stay ahead of it, thus missing those 2 islands.

2017-Carnival cruise for a friend's wedding. Hurricane struck earlier (Maria?) and Carnival cancelled Fascination cruises to use the ship to house relief workers. Missed those islands again.

2019-Princess cruise scheduled, but travelling companion had a major financial setback and we ended up taking a shorter/cheaper cruise to the Bahamas just to be able to go somewhere. Missed those islands again. 

Now 2020-Enchanted is in limbo. Might miss those islands again.

So I've come to the conclusion that the universe doesn't want me to ever see St. Maarten or St. Thomas! Maybe I should listen...

Oh Bollycats, I feel your pain but you have to keep trying.  Due to Covid, we have had to cancel two Baltics cruises.  We had booked May 31, 2020, cancelled that and booked September 5, 2020, which Princess has just cancelled.  In addition to those two, we had an additional two previous tries, both cancelled for different reasons.   We are DETERMINED to get to the Baltics and have decided to go for Attempt #5.  We will be booking the Baltics for September 2022 as soon as they come open.  Don't give up!!!  LOL  

On 5/9/2020 at 2:16 PM, Ride-The-Waves said:

In 2008 Ruby Princess came across from Italy empty, the inaugural sailing was made a week earlier and all booked on the original inaugural were offered the week prior in same cabin, same price so we did the B2B.