Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

Vitamin, apparently they have used various shipyards around the world for the Revolutionizations that they have done so far and I cannot quickly find specifically which port or shipyard it might be done.  I notice now, that although they no longer show a date (used to say May 2020 for Constellation) it does say "Coming Soon"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-revolution

Also this is a relatively recent article discussing refurbishments in general:

https://www.maritime-executive.com/editorials/shipbuilding-faces-uncertain-waters

We are considering switching a Holiday cruise on the Constellation to another ship if we find out that the Revolution will not happen before then.

The Revolution has been defeated by Colonel Covid.  No shots were fired.  He just emptied their pockets and that was enough to stop them. The firing squad (CDC) is dictating the surrender terms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Do you guys know where (what country) the shipyard is that does the revolution overhaul?  I was hoping it would open up in time to get Connie re-done and back in service in time for regular sailings. 

Not sure where in Asia that Millennium got the update, but Summit was done in Freeport. Equinox was supposed to get done there as well but a crane accident put that drydock area out of commission for awhile (with potentially further damage from Hurricane Dorian). Equinox then had to have a truncated refurb done in Cadiz, Spain, which is also where Silhouette had its update done.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Do you guys know where (what country) the shipyard is that does the revolution overhaul?  I was hoping it would open up in time to get Connie re-done and back in service in time for regular sailings. 

It was scheduled for Cadiz, Spain. We were scheduled to get off April 16 in Rome and the it was going in for the make over.

The Constellation has been off the coast of Greece for over a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just moved from December 2020 to December 2021 - Interestingly the Aqua Class on Deck 10 are showing which aren't on the ship yet - so hopefully that is a sign that perhaps in 2021 it will get the renovations

30 minutes ago, pl281 said:

We just moved from December 2020 to December 2021 - Interestingly the Aqua Class on Deck 10 are showing which aren't on the ship yet - so hopefully that is a sign that perhaps in 2021 it will get the renovations

Those AQ on Deck 10 are now 2C staterooms on the other M-Class ships.  🍷

Given a good bit of internal reconstruction, I would have guessed these ships would have been returned to Chantiers de l'Atlantique for that kind of work, but that clearly hasn't been the case so far.  But since Constellation is already in that part of the world...

Edited by canderson

Hopefully by the time they revolutionize the Constellation, they will correct the miss-steps they  made to the other "M" class ships like the Summit.  I believe they have put tables back in the veranda rooms so you don't have to drag the balcony table in to eat. (See posts about Summit's revolutionization to see what I mean.)  We sailed shortly after the Summit was revolutionized and most of it was okay, but I don't like the "IKEA" look and all the sharp angles on furniture plus the uncomfortable chairs in the restaurants, bars, etc.  I'm the odd one out but I'm hoping we sail on a non-revolutionized ship on our Constellation cruise this December.  [I do have to admit though that the new beds and glass shower doors are really nice.]

58 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Hopefully by the time they revolutionize the Constellation, they will correct the miss-steps they  made to the other "M" class ships like the Summit.  I believe they have put tables back in the veranda rooms so you don't have to drag the balcony table in to eat. (See posts about Summit's revolutionization to see what I mean.)  We sailed shortly after the Summit was revolutionized and most of it was okay, but I don't like the "IKEA" look and all the sharp angles on furniture plus the uncomfortable chairs in the restaurants, bars, etc.  I'm the odd one out but I'm hoping we sail on a non-revolutionized ship on our Constellation cruise this December.  [I do have to admit though that the new beds and glass shower doors are really nice.]

You mention two things that are game breakers for me.  Sleeping in those old beds and getting into those old showers with curtains not something I am interested when spending good money.  That same money easily gets newer, more comfortable cabins on another ship.  Just would like a definitive word as to the Revolution on Constellation timing so as to decide which cruise to drop or book.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

I tried to switch my April 2021 from Tampa to an April 2022.   We have an FV cabin same ship same itinerary same length but told I can't change as the FV cabin no longer a catagory 😬

The FV were supposed to be converted to Sunset Veranda ( Suite)  cabins. However, who knows when & if she will go into Dry Dock in Cadiz Spain, or will just sail as she is to Tampa Florida. 

Friends who were on her in January said she was badly in need of refurbishment.

I suspect that Connie and Infinity will not be sailing with passengers for at least a year.  Cash conservation is king right now.  RCI announced that several ships will be going into cold layup (https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000110465920058425/tm2018985d1_ex99-1.htm).  Hopefully they will return or be sold to other lines able to upgrade and not end up on the beach in India at the breakers.  As Blackduck said, Edge and Apex along with the S-class that have received the upgrades will likely be the first back in action.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pl281 said:

@Wine-O

When I look at current deck plans Deck 10 is currently the hair salon and acupuncture. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Celebrity-Constellation&deck=10

This even shows the modifications of them adding 14 cabins to deck 10 

The 14 cabins on Deck 10 are supposed to be added during their refit.  They were added on Millennium and Summit, and used to be Aqua Class cabins, but were later downgraded to 2C staterooms.  So if they add them on Constellation if and when it gets their refit, they will not be AQ staterooms, but 2C staterooms.  🍷

Question to those who may have mentioned transferring their booking from Dec 2020 to Dec 2021.  I notice that for the 2021 sailing, Celebrity is not calling it a "Panama Canal Touch" but rather some generic Southern Holiday or whatever.  So does anyone know if in 2021 Celebrity will not be penetrating the Canal with the ship but just stay docked in Colon?

Hey Guys

Remember that Spain and Italy is very close to go State bankruptcy so if its possible to open, they will do so as soon as possible. So if the Covid-19 are under control they will open for tourists.  

Edited by Krydstosser

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

This press release mentions several ships going into “Cold Layup”. Does anyone know which ones.... Connie??  And what exactly does “Cold Layup” mean?

https://www.rclinvestor.com/press-releases/release/?id=1470

See my explanation of cold layup in  "Business update from RCC Ltd " announcement thread .

Edited by dabear

The Constellation was my first Celebrity ship and I fell in love with it as is.  I will be very sad if they get rid of the remaining ships with the T-pools.  We were supposed to sail on it in July post-revolution.  I hope we will get the chance.

I understand that they want to start sailing their most profitable vessels, but I could also see local governments and ports preferring to only allow smaller ships (though frankly I'm not sure if 2000 pax v 3000 pax makes a huge difference from a disease spread perspective).

38 minutes ago, JennAngel9 said:

The Constellation was my first Celebrity ship and I fell in love with it as is.  I will be very sad if they get rid of the remaining ships with the T-pools.

To my mind, the best T-pools were those on Galaxy, Mercury, Century, one generation ahead of M-Class ships like Constellation.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:43 AM, baldilocks said:

Cancellation of the 11/29 Harmony cruise would cost us a bit more than an ordinary deposit as we have applied a FCC from a cancelled April cruise on the Brilliance. I guess we are just dead in the water.

Just move the current booking to a different sailing and keep the FCC on the booking.  This will solve the problem for you.