Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

6 minutes ago, marieps said:

We are also in a suite in February and have no plans to cancel.  Anxious to try Luminae for the first time.  Tampa's an easy drive for us.

Same for us for Jan 2021. If they pull the plug  on Connie, not sure what happens to the fcc we must use by end of Dec  2021 , Tampa as a port will be great..such an exciting city!   Looking forward to it but time will tell.

Port Everglades has become very congested and expensive pre cruise. The powers that be were not very helpful  or sympathetic to ill cruisers who have supported that area for years......so we would be happy to never sail from there againl

I must  respectctfully disagree with a previous poster that some of the newer ships are  more suited to outdoor activity.   S class yes,   but EDGE has few true  outside balconies, has  a limited outdoor pool area, and the Rooftop area is often too sunny by day and /or windy by night to enjoy..There are a few outer areas here and there but EDGe is mostly an interior type ship..beautiful but focused indoors!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Same for us for Jan 2021. If they pull the plug  on Connie, not sure what happens to the fcc we must use by end of Dec  2021 , Tampa as a port will be great..such an exciting city!   Looking forward to it but time will tell.

Port Everglades has become very congested and expensive pre cruise. The powers that be were not very helpful  or sympathetic to ill cruisers who have supported that area for years......so we would be happy to never sail from there againl

I must  respectctfully disagree with a previous poster that some of the newer ships are  more suited to outdoor activity.   S class yes,   but EDGE has few true  outside balconies, has  a limited outdoor pool area, and the Rooftop area is often too sunny by day and /or windy by night to enjoy..There are a few outer areas here and there but EDGe is mostly an interior type ship..beautiful but focused indoors!

I agree that Edge, with its IVs, has not the true outdoor feel of a veranda apart from your cabin.  Of course that was by design.  A design we did not care for will preclude us from sailing Edge class again.  Don't flame, but I didn't like the Martini bar either.    

29 minutes ago, marieps said:

I agree that Edge, with its IVs, has not the true outdoor feel of a veranda apart from your cabin.  Of course that was by design.  A design we did not care for will preclude us from sailing Edge class again.  Don't flame, but I didn't like the Martini bar either.    

We were fine with the Enclosed Veranda but did not enjoy AQ Class and BLU.

We also sailed in a Sunset Veranda ( large cabin, big outdoor balcony) and the 4 mdrs..enjoyed that.  Not a fan of the port building for EDGE..they spent big bucks but did not improve things very much.  We were booked on APEX but cancelled...do not think we'll revisit that plan.  If we must do Port Ev and S Class we would prefer Equinox..Still hoping for Connie out of Tampa.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We're once and done on the Edge for the reasons you mentioned.  The infinite verandas are gimmicky and a nuisance to use.  We wouldn't book one again.  We really felt bad for the crew working the Sunset Bar.  Not a lick of shade back there on some days.  It's like they tacked the bar on as an afterthought.  

As for Port Everglades, we simply don't stay there pre-cruise.  More often than not, we can find much cheaper flights into Orlando, and hotels are plentiful and much cheaper than either FLL or MIA.   We stay in Orlando and drive to Port Everglades first thing the next morning.  Cheaper hotel + rental car has yet to be more $$ than staying near the port.  

Does anyone know if one can get a FCC for a non-refundable deposit from Celebrity?  We are booked on the Connie for Dec 23 but would like to switch to another cruise if it will not be Revolutionized before then.  Heck it may not even sail then if they into the cold dry dock.

1 hour ago, marieps said:

We don't frequent the martini bar, but on the Edge we did a double-take.  THAT is the martini bar???
Also didn't like the lack of a lounge near the MDRs.   On other ships, we'll often stop in for a pre-dinner drink while we wait for a table.    Nope, not Edge fans, other than Captain Kate and the crew.  They're awesome.  But what X crew isn't?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, D C said:

We're once and done on the Edge for the reasons you mentioned.  The infinite verandas are gimmicky and a nuisance to use.  We wouldn't book one again.  We really felt bad for the crew working the Sunset Bar.  Not a lick of shade back there on some days.  It's like they tacked the bar on as an afterthought.  

As for Port Everglades, we simply don't stay there pre-cruise.  More often than not, we can find much cheaper flights into Orlando, and hotels are plentiful and much cheaper than either FLL or MIA.   We stay in Orlando and drive to Port Everglades first thing the next morning.  Cheaper hotel + rental car has yet to be more $$ than staying near the port.  

Have to agree with you concerning the IVs on the Edge.  Tried it once.  When trying to describe it to a friend, I described it as an Oceanview room but with wall to wall, floor to ceiling expansive window, with being able to open the window down half way.  But, it is not a balcony.  Now, I did say that in certain cases, like for instance maybe a cold weather cruise like Norway, Alaska, etc., it might be a good choice as it would provide great views and a balcony on those types of cruises would not be used much anyway.

But we do not foresee ever setting foot on the Edge or similar ship.  At least not in an IV cabin.

We're sailing 12/13.  We're more than happy to sail on Connie unrevolutized.   We sailed Summit post prefab and other than new beds and shower doors, didn't care for the refurbishment.   Of course we're probably in the minority.

59 minutes ago, aftforsure said:

Does anyone know if one can get a FCC for a non-refundable deposit from Celebrity?  We are booked on the Connie for Dec 23 but would like to switch to another cruise if it will not be Revolutionized before then.  Heck it may not even sail then if they into the cold dry dock.

Check out the Cruise with Confidence FAQ's.  I believe you can get a 100% FCC for a NRD prior to final payment.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We were fine with the Enclosed Veranda but did not enjoy AQ Class and BLU.

We also sailed in a Sunset Veranda ( large cabin, big outdoor balcony) and the 4 mdrs..enjoyed that.  Not a fan of the port building for EDGE..they spent big bucks but did not improve things very much.  We were booked on APEX but cancelled...do not think we'll revisit that plan.  If we must do Port Ev and S Class we would prefer Equinox..Still hoping for Connie out of Tampa.

I'm very interested to hear specifics about your AQ and Blu experience.  I missed the familiar S class window wall in Blu, the circles (hated the chains!).  As for the AQ rooms...nothing special.  We sail AQ forward right under the hair salon.  No overhang and a quick jaunt up to Solarium/Gym  and AQ Spa Cafe.   Didn't like the Edge location of AQ.    

1 hour ago, aftforsure said:

Suggest you call and see what X can do for you...

We do not have a NRD booking and have an amzing suite  fare,  but  we are looking for possible alternatives,.just in case Connie goes away!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D C said:

We don't frequent the martini bar, but on the Edge we did a double-take.  THAT is the martini bar???
Also didn't like the lack of a lounge near the MDRs.   On other ships, we'll often stop in for a pre-dinner drink while we wait for a table.    Nope, not Edge fans, other than Captain Kate and the crew.  They're awesome.  But what X crew isn't?

That whole area was disappointing...very crowded, poor acoustics and bad flow!

Musicians did their best but,,,,,  the Club and EDEN bar were better for us but also crowded at times,  We did enjoy EDGE twice...but not for that area! 

12 minutes ago, marieps said:

I'm very interested to hear specifics about your AQ and Blu experience.  I missed the familiar S class window wall in Blu, the circles (hated the chains!).  As for the AQ rooms...nothing special.  We sail AQ forward right under the hair salon.  No overhang and a quick jaunt up to Solarium/Gym  and AQ Spa Cafe.   Didn't like the Edge location of AQ.    

Here's my rather long and winding review.  Note that it is old and  things have changed,.I believe  there's an added wall in BLU, more wind and sun protection outdoors, etc,  we did not like the BLU location on EDGE.

We have enjoyed several cruises on Connie over the years..always enjoyable!

3 hours ago, aftforsure said:

Have to agree with you concerning the IVs on the Edge.  Tried it once.  When trying to describe it to a friend, I described it as an Oceanview room but with wall to wall, floor to ceiling expansive window, with being able to open the window down half way.  But, it is not a balcony.  Now, I did say that in certain cases, like for instance maybe a cold weather cruise like Norway, Alaska, etc., it might be a good choice as it would provide great views and a balcony on those types of cruises would not be used much anyway.

But we do not foresee ever setting foot on the Edge or similar ship.  At least not in an IV cabin.

Exactly our thoughts.  It's a glorified Oceanview with a window that opens.  

As for the Connie, our first 2 cruises ever were on the Connie.  Hooked us on cruising, and X for sure!

Reading this thread a bit, and it's been several years since we were on the Connie.  Has it not been refurbed since being "solsticized"?  So it still has Ocean Liners and not Luminae?   If so, and no offense to suite guests, but we don't want it to change!  Best meal of our life was in Ocean Liners.  Really missed that on the Summit and Infinity. 

I've never been on the Millennium class ships but I have seen videos of before and after the "revolution" and frankly there are many things about the after that are terrible, that ridiculous chair or is it a miniature love seat. is a joke. No table in the cabin? Although the colour palette is nice.

We are booked on Eclipse an January and she was supposed to be "Revolutionized" but that was postponed last fall.

From everything I see the whole "Revolution" is for the Suite class. If you aren't in a suite you may prefer the Constellation just the way she is.

1 hour ago, D C said:

Reading this thread a bit, and it's been several years since we were on the Connie.  Has it not been refurbed since being "solsticized"?  So it still has Ocean Liners and not Luminae?   If so, and no offense to suite guests, but we don't want it to change!  Best meal of our life was in Ocean Liners.  Really missed that on the Summit and Infinity. 

We are suite guests and we were generally happy with Luminae, but I would take Ocean Liners over Luminae every single night (even if I had to pay an upcharge), so long as they let me in!  I seem to recall getting a table more than 2x a cruise being difficult.

2 hours ago, D C said:

Connie has Luminae like every Celebrity ship. Ocean liners is now Qsine.  Luminae was built out of part of the MDR 

Edited by WNcruiser

10 hours ago, aftforsure said:

Hi

We are due to sail in Oct from Rome.

I'm not sure about FCC, but we have been advised by Celebrity that we can transfer our deposit to a different cruise.

Unfortunately the sail with confidence didn't suit us, as they could only offer a choice of 5 cruises, none if which suited us.

Not sure where you are located, but the UK terms appear to be different!

2 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Hi

We are due to sail in Oct from Rome.

I'm not sure about FCC, but we have been advised by Celebrity that we can transfer our deposit to a different cruise.

Unfortunately the sail with confidence didn't suit us, as they could only offer a choice of 5 cruises, none if which suited us.

Not sure where you are located, but the UK terms appear to be different!

Thanks for your input.  First, to answer your question we are in Florida.  Secondly, I am confused. You say your cruise booked is in October but when I read the info on Cruise with Confidence it seems to only apply to cancelling cruises up until September.  We did have a booking for the cruise from Venice to Barcelona and the on to Tampa but cancelled that quite a while back. Have the Christmas Panama Canal Touch but we would back out if we get word that there will be no Revolution done to the Constellation. Highly unlikely that it happens.  

I still am surprised that people want to cancel their cruises if Connie is not Revolutionized.  We were very disappointed in some of the changes.   In my opinion, the whole IKEA decor is very Glitzy and looks good but not practical and uncomfortable for relaxing on a cruise ship. If we didn't love the "M" class ships and Celebrity, would probably change cruise lines.  We sailed on the Revolutionized Summit last Spring and looking forward to an non- Revolutionized Connie this December.  

34 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I still am surprised that people want to cancel their cruises if Connie is not Revolutionized.  We were very disappointed in some of the changes.   In my opinion, the whole IKEA decor is very Glitzy and looks good but not practical and uncomfortable for relaxing on a cruise ship. If we didn't love the "M" class ships and Celebrity, would probably change cruise lines.  We sailed on the Revolutionized Summit last Spring and looking forward to an non- Revolutionized Connie this December.  

We love the M class ships too, but they are older and tired and definitely need some changes.  The last time we were on Connie which was a couple of years ago the balcony area was rusting, the shower was horrible, the room was tired.  We LOVE what we've seen on the Millie and Summit refurbs.  I will say the "chair" they have placed in some of the rooms instead of the small sofa/loveseat looks stupid but everything else looked great.

Just our opinion, the good thing is with the postponement of the refurb on Connie & Infinity there's something for everyone to like in the "M" class.  

We have booked 4 cabins on Connie Sept 2021 but will cancel if she is not refurbished. The issue is not the ‘revolution’ - I think the weird big chair looks impractical and the lack of table is just plain wrong- but I hear she looks tired and old. I want the 3 family member couples to have a top-notch experience on their first Celebrity Cruise. 

please - oh please - refurbish Connie!