Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

The call centers are useless they don't know anything. You will find information first on CC before you get vali information from them.

I don’t see how people can rebook cruises from a comment made on CC.

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

I  just wonder what they are going to do when people book staterooms that won't be installed without the refit.  

For example, those three new 06 category staterooms on Deck 3 in replace of the restrooms.  Also, the 2C's on Deck 10.  🍷

As noted earlier, Celebrity has reverted to the current deck plan on their web site through 3 April 2021 on the date pull-down.  So at least for cruises sailing before then, the new options won't be appearing for the time being.

Edited by canderson

6 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Unsolicited comment from our TA: "Connie is unlikely to be available for February out of Tampa."  No reason offered.  We are booked on Connie February 2021.

Speculation, rumor,  educated guess, insider info?

Can you follow up with a "why?"

1 hour ago, canderson said:

As noted earlier, Celebrity has reverted to the current deck plan on their web site through 3 April 2021 on the date pull-down.  So at least for cruises sailing before then, the new options won't be appearing for the time being.

We are booked in one of the new rooms for October 2020, when I checked their website, these rooms are still showing.

Also checked 2021 and again, the 3 new rooms are showing 🤔

The uncertainty if very frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

We are booked in one of the new rooms for October 2020, when I checked their website, these rooms are still showing.

Which cabins are you referencing?  I see the 311x and Deck 10 cabins added on the newer plan, but the reclassifications don't show up at all.  Or are we talking about different things?

Edited by canderson

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Which cabins are you referencing?  I see the 311x and Deck 10 cabins added on the newer plan, but the reclassifications don't show up at all.  Or are we talking about different things?

3146, 3148 & 3150

Deck 3 in place of the ladies & gents.

42 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

As much as it's not what anyone wants to hear, Celebrity HAS said the drydocks/revolutionizing of Connie has been postponed with no future date set.  The likelihood of ANY major refurbs happening in the next year is very dim.  Their entire emphasis is on getting the fleet up and running and developing a plan to make passengers feel safe enough to sail.  The refurb and new builds are definitely back burner issues until that happens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I  just wonder what they are going to do when people book staterooms that won't be installed without the refit.  

For example, those three new 06 category staterooms on Deck 3 in replace of the restrooms.  Also, the 2C's on Deck 10.  🍷

That has happened before and they were moved to other cabins.  We are booked in one of the new Sunset Suites on the Eclipse next April, that revolution has also been put on hold.  Our TA is reaching out to see that they propose.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Many,  including us..want to cruise Connie from Tampa, regardless of renovations,

Hoping to avoid the trek acros Alligator Alley  to Port Everglades...!

Same here!  We have done that trek many times!!

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

That has happened before and they were moved to other cabins.  We are booked in one of the new Sunset Suites on the Eclipse next April, that revolution has also been put on hold.  Our TA is reaching out to see that they propose.

I hope it's a RS since aren't the Sunset Suites priced above CS?  I know they were on M class ships.

5 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

3146, 3148 & 3150

Deck 3 in place of the ladies & gents.

Yes, those cabins are still included in Cruising Power and are post revolution.    I'm not sure if the 7 staterooms on the port side were there prior to the proposed revolution ( 3115-3127).  🍷

14 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Of course not, i didn't say that

Then when someone makes a statement like that, one that will worry those who have already booked it needs to be backed up with fact. If not it should never be posted in the first place, “unsolicited” does not cut it.

It's my belief that the people posting here have a love of cruising,which we share in common.

Snarkiness does not seem appropriate.

I  too  want to avoid the drive across alligator alley. But none of us are in control of that. Time will tell!

16 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

As much as it's not what anyone wants to hear, Celebrity HAS said the drydocks/revolutionizing of Connie has been postponed with no future date set.  The likelihood of ANY major refurbs happening in the next year is very dim.  Their entire emphasis is on getting the fleet up and running and developing a plan to make passengers feel safe enough to sail.  The refurb and new builds are definitely back burner issues until that happens. 

Gracie115 that is very much the reality.  Said here over and over again.  There is no money for anything.  But still hundreds of posts continue on about it.  If cruising happens soon I cannot see RCCL spending cash right away renovating ships to have The Retreat and new carpeting before they spend cash on COVID renovations required for their new mandated operations. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Gracie115 that is very much the reality.  Said here over and over again.  There is no money for anything.  But still hundreds of posts continue on about it.  If cruising happens soon I cannot see RCCL spending cash right away renovating ships to have The Retreat and new carpeting before they spend cash on COVID renovations required for their new mandated operations. 

Makes sense.

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Agree.  And, we have no idea what those new "COVID renovations for their new mandated operations" will be.  I would expect that to include fewer total passengers to reduce contact in public spaces, revamped dining venues to include more distance between tables and food severs in the buffets, maybe even closed bars and pools, and possibly less entertainment.  "Cruising" is going to be different.  Just how different is TBD.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Yes, those cabins are still included in Cruising Power and are post revolution.    I'm not sure if the 7 staterooms on the port side were there prior to the proposed revolution ( 3115-3127).  🍷

Hey Wine-O

I have a 2019/2020 brochure that shows the 3115-3127 staterooms were not there prior to proposed revolution.

It shows the Wine Cellar and Tuscan Grille.

35 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I agree 100% and I for one would rather have a safe ship!

However, it is most frustrating that Celebrity are still selling a 'revolutionised ship' you can still go online and choose rooms that don't exist!

We are due to pay our remaining balance at the end of June, for a stateroom that does not exist.

It would be decent of Celebrity to give an official update, especially to those who already have a booking on the Constellation. 

Where I agree with the majority of the comments of CC.

At the end of the day, they are peoples opinions and thoughts.

All my Celebrity Agent can tell me is that the refit is "on hold" with no further communication as yet.

15 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Agree.  And, we have no idea what those new "COVID renovations for their new mandated operations" will be.  I would expect that to include fewer total passengers to reduce contact in public spaces, revamped dining venues to include more distance between tables and food severs in the buffets, maybe even closed bars and pools, and possibly less entertainment.  "Cruising" is going to be different.  Just how different is TBD.  

It will be very interesting to see exactly which ships undergo the mandated COVID renovations at first and perhaps which ships do not.  The cruise industry will start back with less ships and introduce more over time.  That has been stated by their executives.  So that will impact what upcoming 2020 cruises will go and perhaps even 2021 cruises at this point.  That is the new wild card.  Many here are assuming that if cruising starts again then their scheduled cruise and ship (with their deposit or perhaps even their final payment) will be on the "go" list.  Maybe not a good bet.  Pay attention to those undergoing the COVID renovations!

• Like 2

So if they don’t remodel/ revolutionize Connie, will they continue to use her in her disheveled condition ?  If not, what happens to the booked up cruises in 2021 (when I am confident they will be sailing again)?  I see the Venice-Greece Cruise has 6 sailings and is very popular. 

17 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

So if they don’t remodel/ revolutionize Connie, will they continue to use her in her disheveled condition ?  If not, what happens to the booked up cruises in 2021 (when I am confident they will be sailing again)?  I see the Venice-Greece Cruise has 6 sailings and is very popular. 

I have been on Connie fairly recently and other Celebrity ships that had not been renovated under the Revolution program.  I can emphatically state in my view that no Celebrity ship is in "disheveled" or poor condition.  All are well maintained and always have been.  There are blemishes of course on any ship in service.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I hope it's a RS since aren't the Sunset Suites priced above CS?  I know they were on M class ships.

Yes the Sunset Suites are priced above the CS.  A RS would be nice and up until yesterday there were 4 RS and 2 PHs left- all SS & CS booked.  Looked last night and now only 1 PH remains.  Checked our booking hoping to see we had been moved to a RS- no such luck.   Just we will just have to wait and see.