Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

37 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Looking at the better efficiency of the newer ships, I wouldn't be suprised in the first place to only see Solstice and Edge Class sailing by end of the year and the Revolutionized Millenium Class vessel might be in cold layup until some point in Q1 next year and Infinity and Constellation will be removed from the fleet.

Pretty much what I think too!

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

You haven't shaken me up at all, like I said it was a rant because so many posts on the thread were clinging to the hope that all the major elements would be done while the ship was just idle. Well those things take vast amounts of money that is not on hand. 

I think I put forward my opinion that if there is a refit it will be cosmetic and for required  mechanical maintenance. 

I agree with you that it would be logical to install the new bedding and curtains, we have seen by the very design of the "revolution", logic may not be high on the priority list at Celebrity. I do understand that the "M Class" "Revolution" had many desirable components for all cabins, like the shower doors; other elements like the stupid big chair and the missing table were widely panned.

Part of my rant was because of the tone that the thread had grown over the 400+ posts. Some had legitimate concerns that the cabin they booked would not actually exist, but they really hadn't made an effort to find out from Celebrity what would happen with their booking. Then others who whined that they weren't getting what they paid for; join the club we are booked on cruise that was supposed to be "revolutionized" but was postponed back in October 2019. And still others were wondering what compensation they were entitled to because their cruise wouldn't be on a shiny new refit but that Constellation was now obviously a tramp steamer unfit for their tourist dollar.

Can I just say that I am one of those whose booked cabin won't exist, but can I also say that I HAVE actually "made and effort" to get in touch with Celebrity, and guess what?

Because our cruise is not until October, they tell me that they are dealing with cruises in date order and at the moment "nothing has changed with our booking 🙈🤨"

They will be in touch closer to our date!

Which doesn't help us, given that our final payment is due next month.

Do we pay or not?

I don't expect for a minute that the refit will take place, but if the cruise does go ahead, keep changing my mind on whether I do or don't want to go on it 🤔

Not to mention  the flight 🙈

32 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

Can I just say that I am one of those whose booked cabin won't exist, but can I also say that I HAVE actually "made and effort" to get in touch with Celebrity, and guess what?

Because our cruise is not until October, they tell me that they are dealing with cruises in date order and at the moment "nothing has changed with our booking 🙈🤨"

Do we pay or not?

I don't expect for a minute that the refit will take place, but if the cruise does go ahead, keep changing my mind on whether I do or don't want to go on it 🤔

Indeed you are an exception to my generalization, your situation is indeed untenable. I have to assume you got a great deal. Now you feel rightly betrayed, just as we did when they postponed the "Revolution" for Eclipse. We are fortunate that our cabin already exists. That being said we aren't at all confident that there will be a cruise in New Zealand at the end of January 2021 and yes we have accommodations pre and post cruise booked as well as air fare of over $8,000.00 already paid.

I doubt it will help but I think you will need to call their ploy before final payment. I'm really beginning to have bad feelings towards Celebrity for some of their business practices. It started with the postponement of the Eclipse refit without notification. Then there was the Canada cruise re-route (even though that didn't effect me personally) it is still pretty shoddy to book an East Coast Canada cruise and then switch it to a cruise full of sea days and a trip to Nassau. That is NOT a similar product, not even close. Now the ridiculous lag cancelling cruises that they know full well will never happen. And then add to that the fact that they won't address the situation that they have sold cabins that will not exist.

I know that the walls are caving in from every direction but they can't expect people to cough up final payment on the cruise to never, in the cabin that doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, Chrisclaire said:

Do we pay or not?

In this case, i would NOTmake final payment unless you have a  set cabin  reservation at a fair price.   If you have not yet booked flights why spend more $$$ you might lose.

Yes, it will be disappointing, but your only hassle will be waiting for a refund of your deposit.  Why chance giving them more of your money .  By the time they "deal" with your situation, what rooms will be left??? And that's assuming Oct will sail!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Indeed you are an exception to my generalization, your situation is indeed untenable. I have to assume you got a great deal. Now you feel rightly betrayed, just as we did when they postponed the "Revolution" for Eclipse. We are fortunate that our cabin already exists. That being said we aren't at all confident that there will be a cruise in New Zealand at the end of January 2021 and yes we have accommodations pre and post cruise booked as well as air fare of over $8,000.00 already paid.

I doubt it will help but I think you will need to call their ploy before final payment. I'm really beginning to have bad feelings towards Celebrity for some of their business practices. It started with the postponement of the Eclipse refit without notification. Then there was the Canada cruise re-route (even though that didn't effect me personally) it is still pretty shoddy to book an East Coast Canada cruise and then switch it to a cruise full of sea days and a trip to Nassau. That is NOT a similar product, not even close. Now the ridiculous lag cancelling cruises that they know full well will never happen. And then add to that the fact that they won't address the situation that they have sold cabins that will not exist.

I know that the walls are caving in from every direction but they can't expect people to cough up final payment on the cruise to never, in the cabin that doesn't exist.

Sadly we did not get a great deal, this is one of my dream cruises and due to the number of days in port and the cost, we booked an ocean view stateroom.  Up till now we have only experienced Concierge & Aqua.

We contacted Celebrity to ask what they could do in terms of upgrade to veranda, given the fact our chosen stateroom won't exist and the refit won't have taken place.

The price they quoted was an insult!

Most disappointed. 

I would have thought they would want to keep potential customers who want to remain loyal to them.

We are fairly new to cruising and have only used Celebrity so far.

Sadly not overly customer orientated imho.

Will we stick with them??? 

Time will tell.........

Chrisclaire, I feel your pain. We almost cancelled our cruise but the price and perks were good and the "Revolution" had little for non suite guests so we stuck with it. Now we have the Pandemic that may kill the cruise anyway.

Many of the things that have transpired over the last few months have really made me wonder about doing business with Celebrity in the future.

53 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

Sadly we did not get a great deal, this is one of my dream cruises and due to the number of days in port and the cost, we booked an ocean view stateroom.  Up till now we have only experienced Concierge & Aqua.

We contacted Celebrity to ask what they could do in terms of upgrade to veranda, given the fact our chosen stateroom won't exist and the refit won't have taken place.

The price they quoted was an insult!

Most disappointed. 

I would have thought they would want to keep potential customers who want to remain loyal to them.

We are fairly new to cruising and have only used Celebrity so far.

Sadly not overly customer orientated imho.

Will we stick with them??? 

Time will tell.........

Another dream cruise will come along!

You might also wait and bid for an upgrade cabin when it gets closer to the sail date. Let's hope the cruise lines can weather this and keep sailing. Myself I have sadly postponed 2 cruises a year out Sept 2021 & Feb 2022 with the lift and shift, haven't risked additional funds, and pray we have a vaccine by then. 

On 5/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, canderson said:

I'll be curious to see how the lines deal with these issues by reducing passenger count on cruises already booked.  While the M class ships have some of the absolute best public space / pax ratios in the business, dining and theater venues in particular are going to be difficult to address in any 'social distancing' plan without reducing pax count.  You can't have 4 dinner seatings and 4 theater performances each night.

From all the threads on the topic, it seems like a lot of people simply won't cruise in the near term.  I don't think the cruise lines are going to have the problem of there being too many people on board. 

1 minute ago, D C said:

From all the threads on the topic, it seems like a lot of people simply won't cruise in the near term.  I don't think the cruise lines are going to have the problem of there being too many people on board. 

I'm looking out at cabin availability for our 31 October 20 cruise.  This assumes that it sails at all.

There are only 10 Sky Suites left to rent, and prices have gone up.

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm looking out at cabin availability for our 31 October 20 cruise.  This assumes that it sails at all.

There are only 10 Sky Suites left to rent, and prices have gone up.

Lots of cabins on cruises in 2020 have simply been removed from inventory.  Several cruises that have not been cancelled cannot be booked.  All cruiselines are hoping for a miracle.  Until there is a vaccine how many ports will remain closed to cruise ships.

We had 2 cruises cancelled by Celebrity.  Move other cruises to mid 2021. The situation is unprecedented and there is little Celebrity can do.  If they cancelled the remainder of the 2020 cruises that cannot happen then refunds would move to several months to process.  Sad but true.

And yes, things are little different elsewhere.

9 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

You might also wait and bid for an upgrade cabin when it gets closer to the sail date. Let's hope the cruise lines can weather this and keep sailing. Myself I have sadly postponed 2 cruises a year out Sept 2021 & Feb 2022 with the lift and shift, haven't risked additional funds, and pray we have a vaccine by then. 

Cheers!

Yes, I did wonder about that.

Unfortunately we could not do the lift & shift as they could only offer 5 cruises, 3 of which are in September when my son gets married, plus we would be stuck with ocean view as they would not let us upgrade 🤨

Hey, what will be, will be.

20 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Just shifted a reservation from Sept 2020 to Oct 2021 on the Constellation. The bigger ships can't get into some of the smaller ports so hope they don't mothball the Constellation.

I’ve shifted my September2020 to Sept 2021 so hope they keep Connie! 

if they do mothball the "connie" what ship will celebrity bring to tampa??.As i have stated before on another thread, the fact is  that the major cruise lines all have a ship(small enough to get under the skyway bridge) in the tampa market and i can tell you that they are all great money makers for the respective cruise lines...They could make money sailing out of that port even if they restricted the sailings to florida residents only for the six month prime season...I would not like that, but my point is that  folks in florida prefer driving or taking a bus to the cruise piers and with times the way they are, many prefer not to fly..The just furthers the point that i think that if  the  ship will still float that keeping the connie in tampa makes good sense..I pray that i am right, it is a great product......wish everyone well

Why would  they restrict cruises to Fla residents?

We are  residents of NY but own a vacation  home in  Fl, where we expect to be  at the time of our ALREADY booked Connie cruise in Jan 2021

If she sails, we hope to be on her.  We plan to fly down in Nov...stay awhile and enjoy our cruise.

i did not say that they should restrict cruise to florida residents, i merely said that the market of florida residents is enough to make the sailings out of tampa profitable...If you read my thread you would see that in never suggested that they limit the sailings to florida residents only. we are full time residents of clearwater  and have no desires whatsoever to continue sailing without our snowbird friends

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I just don't see a pathway to Connie's retirement.  I think she will be alive and well when cruising resumes.  We just did a lift and shift for March 2022.  I have every confidence that we will be on her and cruising "normally" by then.

I'm one of the many the put forward the thought that Constellation may be laid up or struck off. That being said, there are many possabilities. Might I suggest that a more economical refit may happen possibly in a year. I think someone mentioned on some thread that Many of the components for the refit are already sitting in a warehouse somewhere and I suspect that is true. There will be a mandatory drydock maintenance at some point and perhaps they will use that time to do a refresh just not the full blown "Revolution"

I still stand by my rant that if you already have a cruise booked on Constellation you should temper your expectation of the full "Revolution"

On 5/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, canderson said:

Rather than anything in your list, perhaps that the ship was due for a complete makeover prior to the cruise in some way that would significantly impact the cruiser's experience?

I think that may be Peterw's point.

It is mine as well, although almost in a reverse sense.  If we have to modify our cruise plans to a date after the future point at which Constellation cabin reclassifications have occurred, we are screwed on cabin selection.  We currently have an FV for a 31 October 20 sailing, and since our cruise isn't a candidate for "Lift & Shift" as we've booked it (no comparable sailing/cabin for 2021 post-reclass -- our cabin will be reclassified as a SV) Celebrity has told us that they will stuff us into a standard veranda instead.  THAT would be a huge miss regarding accommodations, and would quite easily be described as "not as originally described".  The difference between FV and a standard veranda is HUGE.

We too had 2 FV cabins booked July this year. Bearing in mind the Revolution refurbishment was due to have been completed last month there is no reason why we have been told we cannot Lift and Shift our cruise to the same time next year??? If the cabin. We too have been "offered" 2A veranda staterooms but that's not the advertised "Same Cruise, Same Price with protected promo offers and stateroom category"  and if the refurbishment doesn't go ahead then there's no change in the alleged category. On the already revolutionised Millenium those are still FV???      

We booked two cruises in 2021 on the Infinity believing that she would be revolutionized this November. We got a great deal on both cruises and are disappointed that she will not be refurbished but we will be on two great cruise itineraries and no way will we cancel. Being on an older ship that needs refurbishing is still way better than staying at home.🤣

Edited by terrydtx

17 hours ago, retired dude said:

i did not say that they should restrict cruise to florida residents, i merely said that the market of florida residents is enough to make the sailings out of tampa profitable...If you read my thread you would see that in never suggested that they limit the sailings to florida residents only. we are full time residents of clearwater  and have no desires whatsoever to continue sailing without our snowbird friends

Copied from your post...# 441, this thread...

".....They could make money sailing out of that port even if they restricted the sailings to florida residents only for the six month prime season...I would not like that, but my point is that  folks in florida prefer driving or taking a bus to the cruise piers and with times the way they are, many prefer not to fly...."

We have a vacation home in Florida but visit  often year round...not just as snow birds.  Many others might want to fly or drive to Tampa  to cruise on Connie....

We agree that Tampa is a great place for X to  "homeport"  Connie and hope she continues in the fleet.,.maybe with a few updates

Edited by hcat

6 hours ago, Stoney12 said:

We too had 2 FV cabins booked July this year. Bearing in mind the Revolution refurbishment was due to have been completed last month there is no reason why we have been told we cannot Lift and Shift our cruise to the same time next year??? If the cabin. We too have been "offered" 2A veranda staterooms but that's not the advertised "Same Cruise, Same Price with protected promo offers and stateroom category"  and if the refurbishment doesn't go ahead then there's no change in the alleged category. On the already revolutionised Millenium those are still FV???      

And that's the rub.  Welcome to limbo.  No schedule for Constellation Revolution, but Celebrity is acting as though the reclassification that would result from the Revolution will happen when dealing with a Constellation Lift & Shift attempt by someone with an existing FV reservation. 

I'm not willing to accept a 2A in lieu of an FV, and I doubt that anyone else familiar with FV cabins would be.

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

And that's the rub.  Welcome to limbo.  No schedule for Constellation Revolution, but Celebrity is acting as though the reclassification that would result from the Revolution will happen when dealing with a Constellation Lift & Shift attempt by someone with an existing FV reservation. 

I'm not willing to accept a 2A in lieu of an FV, and I doubt that anyone else familiar with FV cabins would be.

From what my TA found out, all Celebrity Revolution Refurbs that were canceled this year will not happen until 2022 at the earliest. It makes no sense that the FV cabins will not still be FV for the 2021 season, my understanding is they do not become the new Sunset Suites until the Revolutionizing is finished on the ship.