Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

Our cruise is in Jan 2021.  We'd like to book a Hampton Inn or any Hilton brand..have points to use. 

We will check out the Westin ..  but we do need overnight parking ..

Hope this will not be yet another  cruise that  cancels!

We were booked into a Celebrity suite on the Constellation out of Tampa in November, but I cancelled that yesterday.  Our thinking is that we would like a vaccine available before we cruise again, and this November will be too soon for that as well as new protocols will still be too untried to ensure health safety on board while providing a pleasant cruise experience.

We hope the same cruise is still available a year from this November as we were looking forward to the ports, especially getting back to Labadie on Celebrity.  I also hope they don't rush the revolution as I am not a big fan of the Edgy upscale Ikea look, and will miss Michaels Club a lot.

BTW our Celebrity suite was available again but it was priced at $4000 over the price we booked it at.

I have a 11/21/2020 cruise booked.  Wanted to lift n shift, but can’t get same cabin

We have an FV booked. Won’t accept a verandah. Not the same at all.

Dont understand why they won’t rebook us as there will be no revolution

5 hours ago, Plato123 said:

We were booked into a Celebrity suite on the Constellation out of Tampa in November, but I cancelled that yesterday.  Our thinking is that we would like a vaccine available before we cruise again, and this November will be too soon for that as well as new protocols will still be too untried to ensure health safety on board while providing a pleasant cruise experience.

We hope the same cruise is still available a year from this November as we were looking forward to the ports, especially getting back to Labadie on Celebrity.  I also hope they don't rush the revolution as I am not a big fan of the Edgy upscale Ikea look, and will miss Michaels Club a lot.

BTW our Celebrity suite was available again but it was priced at $4000 over the price we booked it at.

2 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

I have a 11/21/2020 cruise booked.  Wanted to lift n shift, but can’t get same cabin

Ditto with the FV situation.  Really annoyed that they aren't willing to just make a call on the revolution and straighten out the inventory to make a proper lift/shift possible.  99% it will still be an FV next year, not an SV suite.  They certainly won't offer a SS in lieu of the FV, even though space-wise, it would be a downgrade for total space.

• Thanks 1

smart move on moving out of sailing out of tampa in 2020...We were booked on the connie for dec 20' and did the lift/switch and changed it to dec of 2021. I just dont think sailing this year will be safe...perfect example occurred this morning at the local grocery store here in tampa, i am waiting in line for my prescription and the guy in front of me turns to me,  gets way too close and coughs several times right in my face..I ask him why he did that and where was his mask?? I cant print what he said to me, but i can say that the local  bar scene opening up  with the indestructible young folks is scaring folks and the infected rates are rising quickly in this area...rare to see anybody under 40 years old wearing masks and they think this whole thing is a hoax....very very scary that this folks will continue this behavior and spread the virus further..until vaccine is developed, stay off the cruise ships.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Ditto with the FV situation.  Really annoyed that they aren't willing to just make a call on the revolution and straighten out the inventory to make a proper lift/shift possible.  99% it will still be an FV next year, not an SV suite.  They certainly won't offer a SS in lieu of the FV, even though space-wise, it would be a downgrade for total space.

I think that they have been pretty open about the Revolution renovations not happening or being significantly delayed.  But a lot of people with cruises booked on these ships continue to hold out hope for some reason.

• Like 1

Another problem with FV is they generally don't open them to 2 passengers until closer to sailing.   Even if they were to admit they were going to stay FV they may not allow L&S unless you have it booked with 5 passengers.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I think that they have been pretty open about the Revolution renovations not happening or being significantly delayed.  But a lot of people with cruises booked on these ships continue to hold out hope for some reason.

You're missing my point, I'm afraid.  While they have been 'open', what they have NOT done is adjust their inventory to match.  In our particular case, we have an FV booked, but Celebrity is showing it as upgraded to a post-Revolution SV Suite a year from now, making proper Lift & Shift impossible for us.  They won't book us into one of the FV cabins on a Lift & Shift --- because they are charging thousands more for the same cabin since it is showing as being reclassified, even though we all agree that the reclassification that would occur due to the Revolution that isn't going to happen in a year's time.  If they're not going to do the major refit, then they need to 'de-reclassify' these cabins so that Lift & Shift to the same cabin 'class' is possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

We moved our 11/21 Connie cruise to the end of March.  Hope the ports will be open....love the ABC islands.  

2 hours ago, canderson said:

You're missing my point, I'm afraid.  While they have been 'open', what they have NOT done is adjust their inventory to match.  In our particular case, we have an FV booked, but Celebrity is showing it as upgraded to a post-Revolution SV Suite a year from now, making proper Lift & Shift impossible for us.  They won't book us into one of the FV cabins on a Lift & Shift --- because they are charging thousands more for the same cabin since it is showing as being reclassified, even though we all agree that the reclassification that would occur due to the Revolution that isn't going to happen in a year's time.  If they're not going to do the major refit, then they need to 'de-reclassify' these cabins so that Lift & Shift to the same cabin 'class' is possible.

I'm sorry about missing your main point which I agree is quite a valid one.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

I agree totally with you as I am in the same situation as you but I am also wondering if because there are only 12 of these cabins they maybe already be booked so a lift and shift would not be possible anyway 

Edited by schiff1997

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Another problem with FV is they generally don't open them to 2 passengers until closer to sailing.   Even if they were to admit they were going to stay FV they may not allow L&S unless you have it booked with 5 passengers.

Not always the case I booked an FV cabin for only 2 of us 11 months before the start of the cruise 

47 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

I agree totally with you as I am in the same situation as you but I am also wondering if because there are only 12 of these cabins they maybe already be booked so a lift and shift would not be possible anyway 

No, they are not already booked, at least not for the logical L&S replacement for our cruise (Connie's Fall '21 T/A).  My agent found availability, but was shocked at the price until she realized that they were no longer classified as FV cabins.

Posting  this link as it may be of interest to those following issue of the future of older ships.

It does not say Connie is slated to go but some older Pullmantur ships going into cold storage and staff tranferred to X.

Edited by hcat

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Posting  this link as it may be of interest to those following issue of the future of older ships.

It does not say Connie is slated to go but some older Pullmantur ships going into cold storage and staff tranferred to X.

Just makes me believe even more that Connie & Infinity will not be with Celebrity in the long run......

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Just makes me believe even more that Connie & Infinity will not be with Celebrity in the long run......

Taking it to the next step, what will X do if those ships are removed from the fleet. Will they just cancel those cruises or will they substitute with a S class ship since it can fit into ports better than the e class? We have a cruise scheduled on the Infinity 9/21 for Spain & Portugal .

Edited by dabear

6 minutes ago, dabear said:

Taking it to the next step, what will X do if those ships are removed from the fleet. Will they just cancel those cruises or will they substitute with a S class ship since it can fit into ports better than the e class? We have a cruise scheduled on the Infinity 9/21 for Spain & Portugal .

Who knows?

I think we'll learn a LOT more when new itineraries come out at the end of the year.....until then I wouldn't count on ANY itinerary on ANY ship actually happening as planned.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

That was my view when I started the other topic

Celebrity will want to keep the "modern luxury" marketing line so will logically keep the two refurbished "M" class

The whole idea would be to reduce capacity and therefore keep up prices. Sorry to say I think, and it's only a guess, that their cruises will be cancelled or ships changed depending on sales. If say Tampa bookings are strong they are likely to substitute another ship

All guess work and time will tell

Stuart

14 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Definitely makes buying flights a financial risk!!  Never bought airfare through Celebrity before but looks like that might be the only good option.

A lot of airlines are offering some kind of adjusted refund policy at the moment 

Even without this discussion NOTHING can be relied on at the moment. Everything changes almost daily

Might  be wise to hunt one out of your planning to book air

31 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Definitely makes buying flights a financial risk!!  Never bought airfare through Celebrity before but looks like that might be the only good option.

I hadn't done this until our upcoming cruise, either, but as Celebrity is or is working with a consolidator, I was please to find that they had my preferred itinerary at a substantial discount to the best 'retail' price, and in addition, there's no charge for the air fare until final payment is due, or until you cancel or lift&shift.  I am happy at the moment that Celebrity is 'holding the bag' for our airfare at the moment.

35 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

With all that I just went through with American Airlines to get back the cost of our tickets to Italy in September, I will only book Celebrity air for our two cruises next year.  AA after cancelling and changing our flights 3 times, they wanted to only give me a future flight credit for our Business class seats I had to get real "serious" with them to finally get my CC payment back. I was worried about AA not surviving this and losing the future credit.

My flights were booked through British Airways and from what I have been told waiting for a hopeful change in their flights is my best option. With all my years of traveling I have not had to cancel a flight. Their website covers cancellations through July 31st as  I recall but my flight in Sept 2020 and the flight still shows on their schedule. Definitely will look into booking with Celebrity in the future.