Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

Here's a view from marine traffic:

Capture.JPG.b633e5ba3646deb1aa738cf896cd3540.JPG

There was a bunker barge on the Starboard side that's leaving.  The dot on the port side is a tug boat taking care of the barge with the luggage.

Roy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

These "ships" show up and then disappear...then show up again.  I think they are a "ghost" of the other ships.  They are too close to be an actual ship and I've seen them before in Manila Bay.  Usually I see them for a short time after one of the ships pulls into it's anchorage spot but then it disappears.  At this anchorage is the first time I've seen them "show up" and then "go away" and then "show up" again.  Odd....

Linda R.

They're submarines..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes, with the barge alongside like is often done for bunkering. Amsterdam hasn't been able to dock anywhere since her call at Durban, South Africa on 09 Apr 2020

another flying dutchman...or flying mermaid...

• Like 1

I have high hopes that everyone will receive their luggage in good condition, but considering the chain of events taking place as it makes it's way back to the owners, I can't help but wonder what they will find when those cases are finally opened.

I hope we'll see some posts here about all that in due course.

2 hours ago, oofroggie said:

Since I can not remember what I packed when I open up my suitcases it will be like opening packages at Christmas.

Lets hope they arrive well before Christmas. 😮

14 minutes ago, Himself said:

This must be a picture from a few years ago when Coper 10-8 was working security. 

The Dutch have a naval base on Curacao (underneath the Queen Juliana Bridge and hang a right, it's out of view of the cruise ship berths) by the name of Parera. The sub, His Majesty's Royal Netherlands Navy ship (Zr Ms in Dutch), "Dolfijn" (Dolphin), arrived there for a Caribbean deployment after a trans-Atlantic crossing all the way from her base at Den Helder in the north west of the Netherlands. Zuiderdam was at Willemstad's Mega Pier for her regular call

8 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

The Dutch have a naval base on Curacao (underneath the Queen Juliana Bridge and hang a right, it's out of view of the cruise ship berths) by the name of Parera. The sub, His Majesty's Royal Netherlands Navy ship (Zr Ms in Dutch), "Dolfijn" (Dolphin), arrived there for a Caribbean deployment after a trans-Atlantic crossing all the way from her base at Den Helder in the north west of the Netherlands. Zuiderdam was at Willemstad's Mega Pier for her regular call

a great stop for the boys......

• Like 1

With Orlando not at helm ,we have a new president announcement today. Former COO of Carnival. Had wondered since Orlando said he was stepping down on May 12.

Lots of turmoil on Amsterdam as well as the other ships.
  I’m still in the arena that the Captain cannot post even if he’s retired. Lawsuits touch many, even when they’ve done nothing.

That’s just my thoughts even though I could be completely wrong and hope I am.

22 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

With Orlando not at helm ,we have a new president announcement today. Former COO of Carnival. Had wondered since Orlando said he was stepping down on May 12.

Lots of turmoil on Amsterdam as well as the other ships.
  I’m still in the arena that the Captain cannot post even if he’s retired. Lawsuits touch many, even when they’ve done nothing.

That’s just my thoughts even though I could be completely wrong and hope I am.

He has posted on Facebook 

23 minutes ago, socalcruisers2 said:

Would you mind telling me how to access the post on Facebook by Captain Mercer?

Not on Facebook and have no intention of doing so.  If the Captain can book there, why can he not post on Cruise Critic?

This situation with the sudden lack of information from the Captain simply does not seem right to me.  

Edited by rkacruiser

8 hours ago, DFD1 said:

I have high hopes that everyone will receive their luggage in good condition, but considering the chain of events taking place as it makes it's way back to the owners, I can't help but wonder what they will find when those cases are finally opened.

I hope we'll see some posts here about all that in due course.

I would like to read such posts as well.  I wish the best for the owners of that luggage.

10 minutes ago, socalcruisers2 said:

You might have to befriend him (and him having to accept that friend request) on his FB page. He posted a nice video from the tender he and his wife Karen (aka K1) left the Amsterdam with on May 26, while the Amsterdam crew was playing  "Time to say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman via the P/A system

59 minutes ago, socalcruisers2 said:

You have to join the HAL 2020 World Cruise group.  He recently posted on there.  I think if you search groups you will find it.  Not a FB expert but then I think you have to be invited.  Here is the last post I saw by the Captain 

5501D703-CC9F-442E-9EF7-F57BE358F189.png

50 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Not on Facebook and have no intention of doing so.  If the Captain can book there, why can he not post on Cruise Critic?

This situation with the sudden lack of information from the Captain simply does not seem right to me.  

Maybe he doesn’t want to.  He certainly is under no obligation to post anywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Has Captain Mercer ever posted on CC?  I always accessed his posts on his blog.  Looking forward to reading another post when he has a chance.  Nice to see that he keeps in touch with the 2020 WC group.   

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

You might have to befriend him (and him having to accept that friend request) on his FB page. He posted a nice video from the tender he and his wife Karen (aka K1) left the Amsterdam with on May 26, while the Amsterdam crew was playing  "Time to say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman via the P/A system

On Pg 21 of this thread, Post #504, Cruzingnut posted a couple of videos.  I especially loved the music by Andrea Bocelli.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cccole said:

Has Captain Mercer ever posted on CC?  I always accessed his posts on his blog.  Looking forward to reading another post when he has a chance.  Nice to see that he keeps in touch with the 2020 WC group.   

The answer is nope 😉 

6 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

what is your problem ?

• Like 1