Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

2 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Yep I saw Ali posted pics of the Barge but it looked like supplies and HAL has not sent any official confirmation.  Previously someone was told our luggage was sent on Princess to LA which turned out to be false. Just didn't know if anyone has received factual knowledge on luggage. Seems if they didn't already offload, they will be past MY ports to stop and do it before Suez. ty. 

If it's still onboard, the next opportunity will be Cyprus since I highly doubt that it will happen at Suez

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

If it's still onboard, the next opportunity will be Cyprus since I highly doubt that it will happen at Suez

In which case, our luggage is that much closer to home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredspak said:

Looks to me like a luggage rack being unloaded into the shipping container.

containers1.jpeg

It definitely is luggage. Posting on “World Cruise 2020 HAL Amsterdam” is that the luggage was offloaded and that Henk personally locked the eight containers. Seven of the eight containers are visible. There is another photo that shows all eight.

Also reported that Amsterdam is headed to the Mediterranean. ETA is Haifa. But that might be for refueling and supplies. 

Edited by Storylady
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fredspak said:

Where do you find a link to this?

On FB group: World Cruise 2020 HAL Amsterdam. 

Diane DaviesAn officer told me all luggage was off loaded in Singapore on the 9th by the crew. Henke personally locked each of the 8 containers and it will not be opened till it gets to FLL. I am sure HAL will send more info as it is available.”

2 hours ago, Storylady said:

It definitely is luggage. Posting on “World Cruise 2020 HAL Amsterdam” is that the luggage was offloaded and that Henk personally locked the eight containers. Seven of the eight containers are visible. There is another photo that shows all eight.

Also reported that Amsterdam is headed to the Mediterranean. ETA is Haifa. But that might be for refueling and supplies. 

Her "final" destination for now is an anchorage off Cyprus, along with Maasdam, Veendam and Rotterdam

Cyprus, the island that copper's named after - A Maverick Traveller

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Her "final" destination for now is an anchorage off Cyprus, along with Maasdam, Veendam and Rotterdam

I read that on FB. I mentioned Haifa as that is what was listed as next stop after leaving Singapore on a ship tracker website. I do wonder what happened to change the Amsterdam’s anchorage from Port Klang to Cyprus? Someone suggested, it was easier to ship crew home to Europe. Do you happen to know?

23 minutes ago, Storylady said:

I read that on FB. I mentioned Haifa as that is what was listed as next stop after leaving Singapore on a ship tracker website. I do wonder what happened to change the Amsterdam’s anchorage from Port Klang to Cyprus? Someone suggested, it was easier to ship crew home to Europe. Do you happen to know?

Maybe Europe’s opened up , rest of the world is locked up

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Maybe I am wrong, but there does appear to be some "staging" of ships in a few locations worldwide.  Would there be a specific purpose in doing so?  

Could it be for selling purposes of certain ships in these locations? 

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

John, you have good connections.  You seem to know what is going on with everything HAL.  I have yet to see you give incorrect information.  Do you think the Amsterdam might be "on the block?"

The Amsterdam has left Singapore and is headed to the Suez Canal, as @Copper10-8 said.  I've been keeping in touch with one of the waiters still on board (still within his contract time).  They are not quarantined in cabins, again, as copper said, they are out and about on the ship.  My waiter posted pictures of the barge (shown in a previous post) that was alongside the Amsterdam that had containers on it, both for offloading supplies and for taking on our luggage.  Apparently, there are 8 containers for all our luggage and he also posted this picture of tugs taking the barge, with containers, away from the Amsterdam.  Our luggage is indeed, finally off the ship.  As busy as Seattle is, I'm sure that we will get our next luggage update once the containers are onboard whatever cargo ship will be bringing them to the US.    Photo courtesy of Ali Mansur.

Linda R.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 10.20.38 PM.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Storylady said:

The Amsterdam was actually scheduled to lay up in Labuan, Malaysia.  The Maasdam was there but left and headed to Singapore.  Apparently, there were "issues" of some sort with that location so layup was changed to Cyprus. 

Linda R.

17 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

The Amsterdam was actually scheduled to lay up in Labuan, Malaysia.  The Maasdam was there but left and headed to Singapore.  Apparently, there were "issues" of some sort with that location so layup was changed to Cyprus. 

Linda R.

Maybe the same issues that caused our luggage to be offloaded in Singapore were at play with the ships that were suppose to be laid up in Malaysia, probably  unreasonable red tape and more money being demanded. Also, Europe may return to cruising sooner than US.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I hope the USA has a cruise season in 2021.

Unfortunately, it isn’t looking too promising with the increase of Covid-19 cases in California and Florida. I think that HAL is delaying canceling the rest of the season due to the massive number of refunds, If there are any cruise, it will be the Caribbean. And they might be short cruises to a few ports or nowhere.

Map of countries that will allow Americas to visit was posted on the FB World Cruise 2020 HAL Amsterdam. It only shows Tanzania, Turkey, Croatia and some islands in the Caribbean that will allow entry without, a 14 day quarantine is required.

I can't imagine they will sail to the Caribbean out of south Florida for many months. The Covid 19 situation there, and throughout Florida, is some of the worst in the country.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Storylady said:

Unfortunately, it isn’t looking too promising with the increase of Covid-19 cases in California and Florida. I think that HAL is delaying canceling the rest of the season due to the massive number of refunds, If there are any cruise, it will be the Caribbean. And they might be short cruises to a few ports or nowhere.

Map of countries that will allow Americas to visit was posted on the FB World Cruise 2020 HAL Amsterdam. It only shows Tanzania, Turkey, Croatia and some islands in the Caribbean that will allow entry without, a 14 day quarantine is required.

Great than we will do a cruise to Tanzania and back..

• Like 1

tui cruises germany ("mein schiff") will start 3 and 4-day cruises without port visits with 2 of their ships from the end of july. ships will only allow 60 % of the normal number of passengers. no info about bookings as yet.

Edited by michaelfl
correction