Noordam destination San Diego CA eta 4/24
Oosterdam destination Puerto Vallarta eta 3/29
Rotterdam destination off Toboga Island Panama
Zaandam (with Passengers) off Toboga Island Panama
Westerdam off Baja Mexico destination Puerta Vallarta

At Sea Indian
Amsterdam destination Durban South Africa eta 4/5

latest on Rotterdam / Zaandam

UPDATE March 28 (8 pm PT/11 pm ET): We are aware of reported permission for both Zaandam and Rotterdam to transit the Panama Canal in the near future. We greatly appreciate this consideration in the humanitarian interest of our guests and crew. This remains a dynamic situation, and we continue to work with the Panamanian authorities to finalize details.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Daily Report.

I was so pleased to read that Panama has allowed the ships to transit the canal.

Mom and Pop stores will really be suffering now, so many have been ordered closed if they are non-essential services.  We will support them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Thank you for the Daily Report.

I was so pleased to read that Panama has allowed the ships to transit the canal.

Mom and Pop stores will really be suffering now, so many have been ordered closed if they are non-essential services.  We will support them.

Because of the way the statement from HAL is worded, "We are aware of reports . . .", I'm not sure that permission has been granted. It is possible that someone/something is trying to pressure the Panamanian Government by getting reports out in the wild that it is already a "done deal."

Thank you for today’s report, Rich!

I agree - HAL’s wording makes me question whether the reports are accurate. But I am praying that they are.

The closest Mom & Pop businesses to me are eateries - that deliver! I am doing my best to support them. Hence my goal to survive this virus AND still fit into my clothes.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 2

Rich:  Thank you for the report.  Here is hoping the Panamanian Government will allow the Rotterdam and the Zaandam to transit the Panama Canal.  It would be the decent thing to do.   By the way yesterday yhe Nieuw Amsterdam and the Veendam were in Ft. Lauderdale to take on fuel, get supplies and a few crew changes.  Today the Nieuw Statendam is in for the same reason.

God Bless all the mom and pop small business owners.  I hope they survive the current Pandemic!

• Like 2

Thanks for the Daily; it looks like we'll be ordering take-out from a small family-owned restaurant near us tonight!

So happy to hear that the Zaandam and Rotterdam have been granted passage through the Panama Canal; sending good vibes to passengers and the hard working crews on both ships.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2

Good morning Rich and friends.

When we lived in a small town outside Chicago, my mom had a tiny restaurant next to a gas station called Cozy Corner. When people came to their weekend homes, they would pass by my mom's place to eat. My mom would make her famous Bohemian dishes on Saturday and the place would be packed all day. 

Hope everyone has a great blessed Sunday. Our prayers for our HAL ships, passengers and crew.

Joy

• Like 4

Mom and Pop stores and restaurants apply to travel, too. Whether it's a cruise or land travel, I look for somewhere local. I found great gelato in Bonaira, a cute little cupcake bakery in Aruba, and there's always a little place to get coffee or a local beer. 

I hope that the Canal does let Zaandam through. No crowding at the bow to watch the transit, sadly. But for those on board, that's a minor issue compared to all they have gone through and have yet to go through.

• Like 2

Hope the money to fund our small businesses come true from CNN news.

We so support our local mom and pop establishments! To be able to pay their staff and rent will be so helpful!

Today we will order from our Italian restaurant and enjoy!

Thank you Rich for all the info for HAL!

Yesterday we drove to Our cruise port 

and saw Maasdam and Disney wonder in port. Ghost town for sure.

Demise😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hope the money to fund our small businesses come true from CNN news.

We so support our local mom and pop establishments! To be able to pay their staff and rent will be so helpful!

Today we will order from our Italian restaurant and enjoy!

Thank you Rich for all the info for HAL!

Yesterday we drove to Our cruise port 

and saw Maasdam and Disney wonder in port. Ghost town for sure.

Demise😊

Denise! Good morning. So happy you were able to get out and see Maasdam. 

We have been wanting to just get out a take a little drive, but our weather is rainy. Waiting for a sunny day to take a nice little drive. Have a great day my friend!

Joy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Denise! Good morning. So happy you were able to get out and see Maasdam. 

We have been wanting to just get out a take a little drive, but our weather is rainy. Waiting for a sunny day to take a nice little drive. Have a great day my friend!

Joy

Joy I am bringing you magic 🌞 🌞 ☀️ 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

sunshine to your beautiful city! 
Have a good day at home with DH!

Denise😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Joy I am bringing you magic 🌞 🌞 ☀️ 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

sunshine to your beautiful city! 
Have a good day at home with DH!

Denise😊

My sister lives in Poway. She's over at Baron's Market dressed with mask, gloves and essential oils!

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich and friends.

When we lived in a small town outside Chicago, my mom had a tiny restaurant next to a gas station called Cozy Corner. When people came to their weekend homes, they would pass by my mom's place to eat. My mom would make her famous Bohemian dishes on Saturday and the place would be packed all day. 

Hope everyone has a great blessed Sunday. Our prayers for our HAL ships, passengers and crew.

Joy

Joy:  Where was your place "outside Chicago?"  

Prayers for those at sea and in the Mom and Pop businesses.  I think right now of my barber shop.  The guy had a struggle getting the ownership cleared after the founder died and now has to face this.

Roy

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Thanks for the Daily; it looks like we'll be ordering take-out from a small family-owned restaurant near us tonight!

So happy to hear that the Zaandam and Rotterdam have been granted passage through the Panama Canal; sending good vibes to passengers and the hard working crews on both ships.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Could be wrong, but don't believe we know where Rotterdam is going as of yet 😉

Getting us some Chipotle take-out tonite! 😋 Bon appetit!

23 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My sister lives in Poway. She's over at Baron's Market dressed with mask, gloves and essential oils!

Very nice store!! Poway  is about an hour from us along the coast. I am glad she is taking precautions! I praise our grocery workers👍
denise😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Father. I grew up 40 miles NW of Chicago in a town called Algonquin. Do you know of it? I moved many years ago to the west coast, 1975..

Right at 31 and 62 on the Fox River.  I have been through it many times.  My dad used to drive 62 to 31 and right on 31 to go through McHenry on the way to Lake Geneva or up to Delevan Wi to have dinner at the resort on Delevan Lake.