Allure 11729 vs 9729 for viewing

As a result of the Covid19 our Alaskan cruise for May 2020 has been cancelled so I am taking our 125% and rebooking to Allure for May 2021.  My question is for viewing the Aqua shows which would be better 11729 or 9729.  Obviously 9729 is lower but not sure if 11729 would be better overall.  Any first hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

I would not get either of the rooms just because of the location.

You want to walk all the way up & down that hallway constantly?

Get something closer to the stairs.

And sit in the seats like everyone else?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jahannah said:

We had 11729 on Allure before the slides went in and the view was great.  You are high enough to get a different perspective of the Aquatheater shows.  Not sure how it looks now.

I was wondering  about that too but have read the amping for Allure was lessened and mainly for the engine and so forth...

Edited by maddea66

17 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

I would not get either of the rooms just because of the location.

You want to walk all the way up & down that hallway constantly?

Get something closer to the stairs.

And sit in the seats like everyone 

Wow!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

IF, the slides are put in both cabins would lose most of the view. 

I was just checking RCCLS blog and it states the amp plan has been cancelled.  Whew I will have a nice view.  🙂

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We had 8330 and though that was wonderful. You could see the water and the scuba divers and a great view of the divers also. I would not go to 11729, think it would be too high.

That was where I was leaning.. 

I hated my deck 11 aquatheater view cabin.  You have to lean over the rail to actually see the show or the ocean. (Not as big of an issue at end cabins).  Loud all day and night.  Zero privacy.  Sitting down is like being in an apartment building.  Agree w poster above; go to the shows at the seats.  I'd spend more for Oceanview balcony every time now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those are deceiving photos aren't, they? Did you have to stand up at the railing to get that view?

Seated, you can't see anything (translucent/solid divider to the rock wall covers much of the view aft)

That was my experience on Harmony anyways

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wildcatfish said:

We have been in 9729 on Allure and Oasis, as well as 9329 on Allure.  Great views to watch the Aqua shows!

100_1678.jpg

100_2057.jpg

Oh perfect thanks for the pics...so was the sofa a sleeper in 9729???

I had the 9th level and 5 cabins from the back .  I could see the events and big screens fine .

But as others have mentioned , I only booked those cabins once for the novelty , and booked ocean view balconies

on all of my cruises after that . If I want to see anything I sit in the seats like the other poster suggested .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Those are deceiving photos aren't, they? Did you have to stand up at the railing to get that view?

Seated, you can't see anything (translucent/solid divider to the rock wall covers much of the view aft)

That was my experience on Harmony anyways

Had 10329 on Allure, perfect view, no wall from rock climbing at all, had no effect on the view.  Loved that cabin. Also had nice view of the wake through the side of those tv screens.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in 10327 which was next to that cabin ( across on the other side and one down) in Sept. ( so pre slides). We watched the shows and movies.  Great view! I’m not sure how the slides will change the dynamics.  We also had a great view of the ocean.F340444B-C636-4F03-8657-AD6F2883566F.thumb.jpeg.a31fa8a446ae0e09097a317d5231b076.jpeg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

We were in 10327 which was next to that cabin ( across on the other side and one down) in Sept. ( so pre slides). We watched the shows and movies.  Great view! I’m not sure how the slides will change the dynamics.  We also had a great view of the ocean.F340444B-C636-4F03-8657-AD6F2883566F.thumb.jpeg.a31fa8a446ae0e09097a317d5231b076.jpeg

Thankfully (in my opinion) the slides have been put on hold...

• Like 1

We were in that cabin on 11th deck.  It was a little high for viewing (and hearing) things happening in AquaTheater (just my opinion).  I said at the time that if we booked Boardwalk again, I'd go to the 9th deck instead.   Now that the slides are in on all Oasis class ships except Allure (until her amp takes place, when and if) I don't think I'd book a regular boardwalk balcony again because the slides really do obstruct that beautiful wake view you get from those cabins.  It was nice  at the time -- we had a great wake view of the sea, but at the neighborhood balcony price instead of Oceanview pricing.   

• Thanks 1

9729 Sofa was a sleeper.

We did not have to lean over the rail. I did however sit on the arm of a chair to get that view. Not as nice as sitting in a chair, but definitely a good and different view.

For us we enjoyed the view. People have personal preferences for many reasons which is ok, too.

• Thanks 1