There you have it-April cruises are history.

beerman2

5 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Social Distancing had been extended until April 30th. Thousands more pax will be affected.

Wow......I DID NOT see that coming.   lol    🙂

All joking aside, it's the right thing to do.  Who knows how many lives that may save.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColeThornton said:

Wow......I DID NOT see that coming.   lol    🙂

All joking aside, it's the right thing to do.  Who knows how many lives that may save.

You're a realist 😂 , it's amazing how many thought they would be sailing in April.

Correct again it is the right thing to do.

Unfortunately I'm not sure there is an end in site. Unprecedented time that Nobody wants to go through again.

• Like 2

I canceled the Encore for October Today and switched to the Joy summer of 2021. I was looking forward to the encore but I think things may be a little crazy still and I did not feel comfortable making my final payment in June 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Social Distancing had been extended until April 30th. Thousands more pax will be affected.

Trump also said the everything's gonna be alright date has been moved from Easter to June 1.  Said it could be sooner, could be later.  So you can forget about any USA cruises in May.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Trump also said the everything's gonna be alright date has been moved from Easter to June 1.  Said it could be sooner, could be later.  So you can forget about any USA cruises in May.

He also said last month that there were only 15 cases and will be down to zero by the weekend.  Reality is not relative to his world views.  Maybe cruising again in the fall but to be honest, I don’t know.   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

April 30 is also a soft date.  US will supposedly peak in next two weeks but estimates for Philadelphia are mid-May.  I think he is taking it one month at a time, which is wise.  Even after the peak there will still be lots of new infections, it’s just that the rate will decrease.  Life will not be back to normal in May, things may start to settle down in June but START is the operative term.  For myself, I’m not cruising until covid is long gone and/or I’ve been vaccinated against it.

• Like 3

Better luck with Fall, 2021 - and, I will do a side bet (insurance) for Spring 2021 (will only book it as a last minute)  Our vacation & travel plans this year in ruins, cruises cancelled & postpone - but that's secondary. 

For the foreseeable future, it is all about slowing down this pandemic spread and flattening the curve, saving lives and knowing "only" 100,000 to 200,000 will die in the U.S. alone, if successful on the medical front.  

Among those fallen and infected, please keep in mind that a good # of them are health care workers, doctors & nurses, first responders, etc.  Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers and I know, we all do.   And, most important, live smartly & stay healthy.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Better luck with Fall, 2021 - and, I will do a side bet (insurance) for Spring 2021 (will only book it as a last minute)  Our vacation & travel plans this year in ruins, cruises cancelled & postpone - but that's secondary. 

For the foreseeable future, it is all about slowing down this pandemic spread and flattening the curve, saving lives and knowing "only" 100,000 to 200,000 will die in the U.S. alone, if successful on the medical front.  

Among those fallen and infected, please keep in mind that a good # of them are health care workers, doctors & nurses, first responders, etc.  Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers and I know, we all do.   And, most important, live smartly & stay healthy.  

I see where you live.  Prayers that you avoid infection as well.

For all of us here on CC complaining about cancelled cruises, slow refunds, etc, etc - to me at least your post is a very sobering reminder of people who have MUCH bigger worries and problems than cruise issues....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erdoran said:

For all of us here on CC complaining about cancelled cruises, slow refunds, etc, etc - to me at least your post is a very sobering reminder of people who have MUCH bigger worries and problems than cruise issues....

Like getting home from the Philippines.  No flights to the USA until 4/16/20, non-stop Manila to JFK is currently selling for $1,145 for an "economy" class seat.  Can't wait to see what landing at JFK is about. 

8 hours ago, beerman2 said:

....Unfortunately I'm not sure there is an end in site. Unprecedented time that Nobody wants to go through again.

Absolutely.....It may be gone by April 2021....only time will tell, no point in fretting!

Noo way. Its some sad news. Hope May wont be as bad. In any case, it all will be posponed. I dont understand how people live with such information. I mean, you had you vacation planned a year ago, your boss has given you these 1-2 weeks off. How do people manage to change those dates so easily? Am I the only one stuck in here with no where to move if my cruise gets cancelled? Hope everyone else is doing alright

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Noo way. Its some sad news. Hope May wont be as bad. In any case, it all will be posponed. I dont understand how people live with such information. I mean, you had you vacation planned a year ago, your boss has given you these 1-2 weeks off. How do people manage to change those dates so easily? Am I the only one stuck in here with no where to move if my cruise gets cancelled? Hope everyone else is doing alright

Advantage of retiring.  SSA check gets direct deposited the second Wednesday of every month, will be playing the last minute game when cruising starts again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Advantage of retiring.  SSA check gets direct deposited the second Wednesday of every month, will be playing the last minute game when cruising starts again. 

Dang I have to wait until the 3rd Wednesday! I think cruising for us will be out for awhile. The value of cruising has gone down for us.

• Like 1

Its gonna have to be almost snuffed out before cruising starts again.   It would just take one person infected to take a cruise and start this madness all over again with quarantined passengers on ships, etc.  I could see cruise ships requiring medical clearance prior to boarding.  They are creating rapid tests for quick results.  When cruising begins again, I see medical documents necessary prior to boarding otherwise there would be a risk.

IMHO gone are the days of the quick fill out forms about your health prior to boarding.  You want to cruise?  Then you must be Covid-19 clear with test results.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

Yep, bend over and crack a smile before you board.  We have to check you.....

Don't worry.  There will be a privacy curtain in the Haven boarding area.  You will also get a glass of orange juice and some fresh wipes after your exam.

• Haha 2

Seriously I think (hope) that once it's all over (this initial outbreak) that mass testing will actually show the vast majority of people have had it (without symptoms or barely symptoms) and it will in time become amalgamated with the flu, and then it will become something that hundreds of thousands die of every year and we'll just learnt to 'accept' it, as we have the flu.

I'm not saying it's right, just my prediction. 

In the meantime, I'm waiting for NCL to cancel my 30th April cruise as I want a cash refund as FCC no good for us for personal (and distance) reasons. 

Stay healthy everyone. 

Edited by julian30
Correction