Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

C37A1D6E-E455-4162-BAAA-A1C866354812.thumb.jpeg.7eac305b1d7418aeafae745b9dc5e0c9.jpeg

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Am I the only one who sees a face in the dirt, left of the bldg., near the top  to the right of something sticking out in the dirt near the middle? Bad description I know.  

Strange, I thought I saw a face in the clouds in this picture and then read your reply about seeing a face in the dirt. Insert Twilight Zone theme song here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

It looks like 2 young rabbits if you just look at the dark patches. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin: Oh yes, where you are talking about does look like a weird face. :classic_biggrin: I was looking at the far left. 

Glad you saw it too!

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Rehearsal for the ceremony was many giggles and laughs. Reverend Jim made them do it twice.  Later he told me they did fine the first time. But the day goes so fast he wanted them to remember every moment. 

Then off to rehearsal dinner. It was awesome. Great food, great company.  

It ended with a bang!!!!

Later. 

57D49BDE-1D25-445D-AB65-91187C384ED6.jpeg

52C76AC3-D90C-4C82-8181-F4ED9D535540.jpeg

This is what pure joy looks like.  Cant wait for the wedding photos! Enjoy every moment with tears of happiness.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Strange, I thought I saw a face in the clouds in this picture and then read your reply about seeing a face in the dirt. Insert Twilight Zone theme song here.

It's all about perception. 

Today is our exciting Costco run then lunch with my sister and BIL.  

Gotta dust off our luggage and start planning our trip back East in 2 weeks.  

Beyond happy. 🥰

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There is an apple tree in the back yard also. Looking to have our first fire in our fire pit tonight with a cold drink or 2.

You can see the garden in the back ground. We get to view the back yard from the sunroom and outside deck.

20210716_175803.jpg

If I had a view like that, I would never have a bad day. How lucky you are!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You just described our TX daily summer weather.  And, it's been unusually humid this summer.  

Have the most wonderful cruise. What a wonderful reason to lose sleep!!

Lenny, nobody expects you to change, honest.  It's a matter of choice. 

Yes,of course.One of my daughters and her husband do not keep kosher and it has nothing to do with the cost of the food.That is their choice and I respect that .😀

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So many people think of New Jersey in connection to Elizabeth and Bayonne and the whole area across from Manhattan. 
They don’t realize why it’s called “The Garden State, how beautiful so much of New Jersey is, and how good the produce. 

I lived in NJ over 50 years and only in 1 house had less than an acre of property.  Our last home was 2 1/2, most of which was woods.   It truly is one of the most misunderstood states. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I lived in NJ over 50 years and only in 1 house had less than an acre of property.  Our last home was 2 1/2, most of which was woods.   It truly is one of the most misunderstood states. 

I lived in Cherry Hill, NJ when I was young.  It's essentially a suburb of Philly...a very different vibe from NYC.  I also rented a beach house every summer with a group of friends in Stone Harbor when I lived in NE PA.  I loved the Avalon/Stone Harbor area.  NJ is almost like 3 different states...northern, central, and southern.  Definitely misunderstood. 

• Like 4

Just finished coordinating the final details.
Oh this is what a cookie table looks like the.                  “ hunky” way. 2,050 cookies. 

Shower. Makeup. Hair.  

Loving every minute of it. 

💕

8304CA12-1BBA-4A7B-AC5E-57C5FF32EE50.jpeg

• Like 21

26 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Oh this is what a cookie table looks like the.                  “ hunky” way. 2,050 cookies. 

Shower. Makeup. Hair.  

💕

I loved my daughter’s wedding day, but by the end of the reception I was a zombie. Thank goodness for the videographer so I could enjoy what I was too numb for the first time. 
I hope you did better than I and can absorb every minute of your daughter’s big day. 

• Like 3

I lived in Cherry Hill, NJ when I was young.  It's essentially a suburb of Philly...a very different vibe from NYC.  I also rented a beach house every summer with a group of friends in Stone Harbor when I lived in NE PA.  I loved the Avalon/Stone Harbor area.  NJ is almost like 3 different states...northern, central, and southern.  Definitely misunderstood. 

I'd add Western.  We lived in Long Valley for almost 30 years.  On top of Schooley's Mt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

If I had a view like that, I would never have a bad day. How lucky you are!

Yes, very lucky to have found this spot. We were looking in the Abingdon, Va area but found this golf community house in Draper, VA. Out house doesn't excatly back up to any of the holes on teh course but that is still fine with us. Our lot the back yard is pretty private which we like, much like the lot we had when we lived in NJ.

Lovely area, never gets old looking outside. We haven't been here yet in the fall, look forward to seeing all these mountains around us when the leaves are changing colors.

20210717_140928.jpg

20210717_135500.jpg

20210717_135324.jpg

20210717_135243.jpg

20210717_135223.jpg

20210717_135214.jpg

Look forward to see this:

20210425_091342.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Shower. Makeup. Hair.  

💕

Looks scrumptious.   What time does cookie table open up....I'm on my way!

• Like 1

Hot one here today.  Eric mowed the lawn early this morning while I climbed ladder to pick more peaches, not all are fully ripe yet but if you leave on the tree in this heat they turn mushy quick.

Also picked a bunch of stuff from my garden.  Going to make eggplant parmesan for dinner.

20210717_110532.jpg

20210717_110845.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

When I lived in NYC I was in NJ nearly every weekend in the summer.Many of my friends and relatives relocated to NJ.One friend went further to a state called South Carolina.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hot one here today.  Eric mowed the lawn early this morning while I climbed ladder to pick more peaches, not all are fully ripe yet but if you leave on the tree in this heat they turn mushy quick.

Also picked a bunch of stuff from my garden.  Going to make eggplant parmesan for dinner.

20210717_110532.jpg

20210717_110845.jpg

Very nice ! Enjoy !! I planted 2 peach trees here in Virginia. There are about 5ft tall. Bought them at Tractor Supply . Hopefully a few peaches next year.

35 years ago I worked with a guy who grew up in Cherry Hill and still lived there.He said everyone living there and everyone who ever lived there going back to the early 50’s knew his name. I have met more than 20 people on cruises as well as people in other places and nobody knew his name 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Very nice ! Enjoy !! I planted 2 peach trees here in Virginia. There are about 5ft tall. Bought them at Tractor Supply . Hopefully a few peaches next year.

It took 2 or 3 years for us to have a good amount of peaches.   I have 1 tree about 10 feet tall now and have had several pounds of peaches this summer.  You will love having them.  Nothing like picking fresh from your own tree.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, very lucky to have found this spot. We were looking in the Abingdon, Va area but found this golf community house in Draper, VA. Out house doesn't excatly back up to any of the holes on teh course but that is still fine with us. Our lot the back yard is pretty private which we like, much like the lot we had when we lived in NJ.

Lovely area, never gets old looking outside. We haven't been here yet in the fall, look forward to seeing all these mountains around us when the leaves are changing colors.

20210717_140928.jpg

20210717_135500.jpg

20210717_135324.jpg

20210717_135243.jpg

20210717_135223.jpg

20210717_135214.jpg

Look forward to see this:

20210425_091342.jpg

Beautiful home and grounds!   I dont want to rush thru summer but will definitely enjoy seeing your fall photos.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It took 2 or 3 years for us to have a good amount of peaches.   I have 1 tree about 10 feet tall now and have had several pounds of peaches this summer.  You will love having them.  Nothing like picking fresh from your own tree.

I had few trees I had at my house when I was single in NJ, when I got married had to have a "Our" house. So the  house we then bought together didn't have any peach trees.

Ground hog used to like my peaches to,  sitting on the hind legs picking up peaching and eating them like a piece of corn on  cob. lol

Edited by Jimbo

We are back home after 3 nice nights in the Lake District.

Today we went to the famous Gretna Green then went to the outlet shopping village and had lunch there.

It was 31°C 88°F today and sunny.

We called at a large garden centre then at a pretty town called Corbridge.

We ended up at the beach for an hour before going home.

I hope everyone has had a nice day and especially Lionesss whose lovely daughter is getting married today.

Graham.

IMG_20210717_104321.jpg

IMG_20210717_104436.jpg

IMG_20210717_113943.jpg

IMG_20210717_114028.jpg

IMG_20200926_123109.jpg

IMG_20210717_140233.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10