Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have not been to Key West either. I really hope ti get there someday.

It isn't the same as it was.  Used to be very eccentric with lots of local "characters"...now it is way too crowded and has turned tacky tourist central with the cruise ships coming in.  Of course just my opinion, but I do miss the old Key West.  

We do love the middle Keys though...more like Key West was in the old days.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mexican food for dinner. Sought put something we likely won't have in the upcoming week.😉

20211113_202702.thumb.jpg.ab01fd958df9c74deb452514d8a29620.jpg

When I first saw this I thought it was supposed to be some art work.  😂 It looked like a person looking to the right with some crazy decor around the neck.  😂  Probably just a flashback affect from the 70’s.  😆 They say the presentation of food adds to the taste!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/11/2021 at 11:04 PM, grapau27 said:

Nice to hear from you Mimi.

I'm pleased your surgery is over and prayers 🙏 for a complete recovery.

Graham.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:34 AM, Arzeena said:

Mimi, how are you doing?

You are in our thoughts and we are praying for your recovery. You will be enjoying shrimp egg foo yong tomorrow! Sending you hugs.🥰

On 11/13/2021 at 2:46 AM, Luckynana said:

+1  I've been wondering how you are feeling today, Mimi.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, MJSailors said:

Mimi- Hoping you are on your way home today and sending good wishes for steady improvement.

MJ🙋🏻

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Mimi, please let us know how your Foo yong dinner is. You are in our thoughts.

@jagsfan

Mimi, thinking of you and hoping you're home today 🥰

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is not a good day here.Four years ago a nephew who was like a son to us died from a brain tumor at age 41.This morning his wife’s mother is in a hospital critically ill and not expected to survive.She is one of the nicest people I have ever met .

So sorry to hear this news.    Hopefully they are making her as comfortable as possible. 

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are headed to Key West in a few minutes.  Never been.  We'll take our time today and stay overnight in Key Largo, then head to Key West tomorrow morning.  We'll also take the opportunity to stop in the Miami airport on the way back for our Global Entry interview.  Pictures to follow.

I am sure you are aware, be prepared to take some really nice sunset pics. Safe travel and enjoy the adventure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

@Ozark_Kid I’ve tried to respond several times now but cc keeps doing its thing. 😡 I have a mini 2 and highly recommend! Especially with the bundle with 3 batteries.

my dad has the mini 2 and the air 2. Loves them both

Thanks,  I thought the quality of the video you posted was great.  I saw the bundle and would surely get it. I would hate to be limited to just one battery  fly the time.

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are headed to Key West in a few minutes.  Never been.  

Have a great time at the Keys!  Make sure you take a picture at the Southernmost point!

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello my friend. Sitting out on my balcony on last time before they call our number to disembark. Wow what a week. I will share everything starting tomorrow on the review thread over on the main page.

Safe travel, Greg.  Great review of your cruise!

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My wedding day was high 90's with high humidity and we were all melting in the church as they only have ceiling fans in the main church, then to go outside for photos was no relief either.   We were married end of May and never figured it would be so hot.   We are all so ready to remove our wedding wear but we couldn't.   We were so happy to get the air conditioned reception.    

Our Wedding date is July 17th.  We were married in an air conditioned Church, but we had our Reception on our side yard.  We had the tent with a dance floor, the Caterer's were set up in the back of our yard, and our band was set up in the carport.  Talk about a warm day!  It was a great day, though, over 150 people, and our band leader said he'd never enjoyed playing at a wedding like he did at ours.  

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And what do we do when it calls for snow?   Start decorating for Christmas.  The tree is up, and lights are strung.  Susan is working her magic with ribbon right now.  Maybe pictures once things are complete.  

It was so cold out yesterday and this morning, that I , too,  decided I was ready to start decorating for Christmas.  I've never decorated until a week or so after Thanksgiving, but this year we'll be celebrating Turkey Day in Ct. at our oldest daughter's home, so I figured now would be a good time.  😉🌲  Just won't be doing the tree for awhile, since it's got to be freshly cut!

3 hours ago, island lady said:

It isn't the same as it was.  Used to be very eccentric with lots of local "characters"...now it is way too crowded and has turned tacky tourist central with the cruise ships coming in.  Of course just my opinion, but I do miss the old Key West.  

We do love the middle Keys though...more like Key West was in the old days.  

I hear you, Pat!  The first time we'd stayed in the Keys was about 21 years ago.  Unfortunately, nothing stays the same.  When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale in the late 60's, other than College Week, it was a sleepy town where all of us who lived by the beach all knew each other.  Jim and I drove there about 14 years ago, and I couldn't believe how very different A1A had become...even the apartment I lived in was gone,

• Like 4

@lenquixote66

Sorry, prayers.

Charlie, Happy birthday.

Crazy busy in a nice way here, just catching quickies on CC.

So, I no I have a lot of reading coming up.

Long story to follow.

Nope, no lottery winnings or any to talk about,

Nope DD not pregnant yet

Just some boring ho hum daily life stuff.

If I do not respond, I am praying for all.

Take care

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is not a good day here.Four years ago a nephew who was like a son to us died from a brain tumor at age 41.This morning his wife’s mother is in a hospital critically ill and not expected to survive.She is one of the nicest people I have ever met .

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Lenny.

Sincere prayers 🙏 coming her way for a miracle and a full recovery.

Graham.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Yums!  Looks Good!   We love El Leoncito in Titusville, which we go to every Monday (when we are actually home) for Margarita Monday...Two for one!   They do a great job with both Cuban and Mexican food.  

Are you on Harmony for one or two weeks?  I see her on the webcam right now.  Ahh...looking good.  Our turn in two weeks.  🙂 

Just one week. This should have been our third week, but we cancelled TA

• Like 3