Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

My sister's son in law has covid.   Fever, body aches, sore throat, flu like symptoms.  His wife and children were able to get tested and are awaiting the results.   My sister was on the phone for 4 hours until she finally found a place that would test her and her husband on Thursday.  They're quarantining until then just in case. All are tripled jabbed.  Glad Jack and I haven't been in contact with them since Thanksgiving.  

It seems to me that younger folks are exhibiting more flu like symptoms than older folks?  
"Our" age group seems to be more asymptomatic.

Hopefully he will be fine,Bonnie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Oh what a night is right, Bonnie!  Such a shame to hear that about Sally Field.  I always liked her.  My daughter and former SIL both worked in Restaurants etc and they've told me some stories about different celebrities.  Some not nice at all, rude, etc and some that were wonderful.  My daughter was just talking about Alex Trebeck the other night and said what a wonderful and down to earth person he was.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Happy Anniversary to you and Toby, Lenny!

Dani, you are too much!  LOL!

I hope no one else in the family gets the virus.  It's almost impossible to get tested or you wait forever for results.  Enough with this virus.

Thanks,MaryAnn

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm following the Celebrity board very closely since our next cruise (postponed / cancelled version #5 😢) is on the newest version of Edge - Beyond.

It seems to me that they follow the protocols very strictly, and, also, don't forget that the demographics in X tend to be older, with fewer kids (aka non-vaxxed ones). Moreover, X doesn't have the big ships like Oasis class. Hence, for the moment, no outbreaks.

Anthem is a nice ship, but I don't think it compares to the Edge class.

Enjoy whatever you decide 🌷

I also think that Celebrity has a clientele that is more willing to follow the rules than Royal has.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, we both got the email this evening.

Same here for our January cruise.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Same here for our January cruise.

We didn’t get that email for either our Jan 2 or Jan 9 sailing.  It does look like lots are canceling on both sailings.  

We are just hoping we test negative on Friday.  

I think there were a few others on here that were sailing this weekend or next, but I forget who, or what ships. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have had a phone call from the hospital and I have an appointment in an hour's time to get the stitches out from my BCC operation 🙏🤞.

Hope everything goes well for you.  It was 72°F when I went to the beach for sunrise this morning. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, we both got the email this evening.

I read a new thread on the main board, where someone from Jan 30 Allure cruise got an email that they will not be going to San Juan due to new covid protocols in PR and the port has been subbed with an overnight in St Marten.

So it seems they are working on some alternate things. Royal has been having a lot of bad press. But the stocks are OK.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hope everything goes well for you.  It was 72°F when I went to the beach for sunrise this morning. 

Thank you.

I am back home now after getting the stitches out.

The hospital sister put some antibiotic gel on the wound and said it had healed well.

Graham.

IMG_20211229_135338.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18

23 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

OB, Some days back I remember, you were wondering about making final payment and going on Jan 22. Are you still going or are you going to wait and watch?

I made final payment when it came due last week but only because I can fall back on CWC and still cancel. It will depend on what is happening aboard the ships and port calls. If not for CWC I am pretty sure I would have cancelled last week before making the payment.

Unfortunately, it is really hard to enjoy the anticipation (a big part of any cruise for me) when everything is so up in the air.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

I am back home now after getting the stitches out.

The hospital sister put some antibiotic gel on the wound and said it had healed well.

Graham.

IMG_20211229_135338.jpg

I’ll bet the scar won’t be noticeable a year from now. 
I’m glad it’s over and done so you’re ready to start a new and better year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I made final payment when it came due last week but only because I can fall back on CWC and still cancel. It will depend on what is happening aboard the ships and port calls. If not for CWC I am pretty sure I would have cancelled last week before making the payment.

Unfortunately, it is really hard to enjoy the anticipation (a big part of any cruise for me) when everything is so up in the air.

I want to look forward to our March 27 Harmony cruise, but I can’t. It’s already been postponed twice, and I’m seeing people cancel their March cruises. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@grapau27

+1 👍

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I want to look forward to our March 27 Harmony cruise, but I can’t. It’s already been postponed twice, and I’m seeing people cancel their March cruises. 

"Looking forward" is such a big part of the cruise anticipation and enjoyment.... Sadly, Covid denied this for all of us 😢

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you Mimi.

Sending our best wishes to you that you are much fitter now after your op.

Graham.

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Mimi.

Sending our best wishes to you that you are much fitter now after your op.

Graham.

I think the cream that was mentioned earlier to ease the scarring is Mederma .  Perhaps,  you can ask a medical professional about using  it .

judy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1