Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Story time, I want to share what my friend went through when she lived in Belarus.

There would be notices when butter would be available, and women would line up early in the morning and get their allotted amount.

I too remember those queues... I was "standing in" for my mom until I got nearer to the front.... Queueing was a huge part of our time. You see a queue, you queue, knowing for sure there is something you'll need there.

Had she not had a sponsor, she would not be here.

Just an aside, Jews from all over the world don't need a sponsor to emigrate to Israel, and the citizenship is immediately granted. But, life in Israel is no match to the life in US, and I fully understand those who don't want to see their only son serving compulsory in the army...

• Like 1

We made final payment today for our 4/3 Anthem cruise so I’m now starting to get all my ducks in a row.  I just successfully uploaded (or is it downloaded?) my vaccine records to the RI app on my phone.  I also just added to RC app and starting to fill out info.  It asks for my name as shown on my government issued ID.  I assume this is my passport, which lists my full middle name, but the app only has space for first and last name.  So do I include my middle name in the line with my first name?  Or just leave out the middle name even though it’s in my passport?  
Fair warning: this won’t be the last of my questions!  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We made final payment today for our 4/3 Anthem cruise so I’m now starting to get all my ducks in a row.  I just successfully uploaded (or is it downloaded?) my vaccine records to the RI app on my phone.  I also just added to RC app and starting to fill out info.  It asks for my name as shown on my government issued ID.  I assume this is my passport, which lists my full middle name, but the app only has space for first and last name.  So do I include my middle name in the line with my first name?  Or just leave out the middle name even though it’s in my passport?  

Use only your first and last names. Leave out your middle name. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My passport has my middle initial but I always just input my first and last name on royal's website for check in.    We never take the security photo we let them do the photo at check in at the terminal.    We never scan our passports either we have always manually entered the info.     

The day before your cruise is when you will complete the health questionnaire on the app.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I thought women served their time, too. Is it voluntary for women?

No, it's compulsory also for women, but they don't serve in combat "jobs". I've also done "time" 😁 [20 very looong months].

There was a big "fight" for women to serve in the air force [like fighter pilots], it got until the Supreme Court. The army was against -- for fear that women can fall POW.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No, it's compulsory also for women, but they don't serve in combat "jobs". I've also done "time" 😁 [20 very looong months].

There was a big "fight" for women to serve in the air force [like fighter pilots], it got until the Supreme Court. The army was against -- for fear that women can fall POW.

One of my daughters has a female friend who has been in the IDF about 20 years.

We have a male friend who was in the IDF many years ago.His last name is Moses.He told me once that when he was leading an operation everyone would say Let’s follow Moses.It got a lot of laughs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Guess we went this weekend….6674E8BB-328F-432C-96AF-538D21234AE9.thumb.jpeg.420587df044e2efcebfcfdcd8c7203cd.jpeg

17 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Or Pemberton?

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It could also be Long Beach ,NY sometimes referred to as Long Beach Island.

I recognize that exit sign well.  It's for Long Beach Island, New Jersey.  Exit 63, traveling southbound on the Garden State Parkway.

Or she is on her way to Atlantic City.  I've driven past that road sign at least a half-a-dozen times a year, every year, since the mid-1980's, visiting both locations. (LBI and AC).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I recognize that exit sign well.  It's for Long Beach Island, New Jersey.  Exit 63, traveling southbound on the Garden State Parkway.

Or she is on her way to Atlantic City.  I've driven past that road sign at least a half-a-dozen times a year, every year, since the mid-1980's, visiting both locations. (LBI and AC).

I know it is NJ.Coincidently my son in law the Rangers fan just passed that area going North.He drove to Pittsburgh to attend the Penguins Rangers game yesterday afternoon and is on his way back now.

• Like 2

Hi all!  Getting my new Samsung Galaxy Book laptop delivered tomorrow!!  Geek squad to come on Tuesday to install, switch all my stuff on the old one to my new one. I cannot wait.

@dani negreanu Dani, condolences on the loss of your beloved relative.

My Israeli nephew (niece's husband) who is in the diplomatic core is on the border of Ukraine and Poland helping thousands of Israelis leave Ukraine for Poland. Israeli Embassy personnel was moved from Ukraine to Poland. My nephew moves around a lot. Last I heard he was in the Embassy at Jordan.  Such hard times now in Ukraine. Prayers to all. 

Hope all are well and those on cruises are having smooth sails and great times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Don't worry about middle names.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My passport has my middle initial but I always just input my first and last name on royal's website for check in.    We never take the security photo we let them do the photo at check in at the terminal.    We never scan our passports either we have always manually entered the info.     

The day before your cruise is when you will complete the health questionnaire on the app.

I scan my passport and do the photo also.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, jagsfan said:

I had an email forwarded from my  travel agency saying my cruise was canceled for no payment. 

I hope you got this worked out.  Trying to get onboard with all the testing, etc. is stressful enough without this happening. 

• Like 1