Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

S9+ Phone. Samsung calls it Live Focus

At 12 megapixels that camera looks great. I love how the cameras in these phones are advancing. I’m waiting for the new iPhone 14 with its rumored 48 megapixel. The camera war has begun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

At 12 megapixels that camera looks great. I love how the cameras in these phones are advancing. I’m waiting for the new iPhone 14 with its rumored 48 megapixel. The camera war has begun.

I'm hoping to keep the S9 functional until fall of 2023, then get whatever is the most outrageous.  But I just can't convert to Apple

• Like 3

So today, we are one month out from our upcoming Allure sailing.

Now mind you I have only asked the DH to log on the RCI APP and fill in the blanks, since the moment we could logg on and do.

I got the usual leave me alone "I will"

So, daily I asked for the past few weeks, did you do the RCI APP?

I kept getting the DH special "I will"

Well, getting a tad tired of the response.

Especially since I am getting so excited to cruise I am getting frustrated with his lack of excitement.

So, when he came home from work, and saw an empty kitchen;    plates - silverware not on table, no pots on stove, or nothing in oven........................he goes humbly.............are you making dinner tonight?

Yup, you got it .......................I casually just responded "I will"

Walked into family room and put the news on.

Grabbed the cat and just sat there.

The next thing I know he gets his passport, vaccination card and snaps a picture and completes the APP.

Damn, 

Did not take long to rustle up some sausage, peppers and onions over noodles with tossed salad.

Food is a great bargaining agent when your spouse well could BBQ, but has no clue in timing of all sides of a dinner.

As they say.

Happy wife

Happy life

He was fedded, and is now sleeping on the couch with THE CAT.

Be safe.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 12
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Lovely pictures.

Stopped at our library today to pick up the new Harlan Coben book “The Match”.  I am looking forward to getting into it tonight.

I'm 35% into "The Match" and disappointed. I've read every one of his books.  I will be interested to know how you feel about it.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

:classic_biggrin: Sandals resorts definitely sound like a step up from the Club Med we stayed at years ago. There was a space under the door and we kept getting bothered by land crabs coming in and climbing the curtains. They would skitter around on the tile floor.  The lady in the room next to us had a bat in her shower. She chased it out with her hair dryer. :classic_biggrin:

Makes note to self "stay the H away from Club Med!!!!

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

That one should go on the mantle John! It is a really good photo of Bella. She is so cute. :classic_smile:

Bella is pure perfection.

@dani negreanu Dani, your kibbutz pictures are beautiful.  I remember you staying with family awhile ago on another kibbutz or a guest house lodging?  I remember your grandsons and the pool.

@Lionesss After reading your remarkable story, wish I could give you a great big hug but this will have to do.

((((((((((((((((((((( SUE ))))))))))))))))))))))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Now mind you I have only asked the DH to log on the RCI APP and fill in the blanks, since the moment we could logg on and do.

Especially since I am getting so excited to cruise I am getting frustrated with his lack of excitement.

So, when he came home from work, and saw an empty kitchen;    plates - silverware not on table, no pots on stove, or nothing in oven........................he goes humbly.............are you making dinner tonight?

The next thing I know he gets his passport, vaccination card and snaps a picture and completes the APP.

Damn, 

Did not take long to rustle up some sausage, peppers and onions over noodles with tossed salad.

Food is a great bargaining agent when your spouse well could BBQ, but has no clue in timing of all sides of a dinner.

As they say.

Happy wife

Happy life

Be safe.

Don’t totally believe in the happy wife thing, we have a good friend who got married late like me and his wife didn’t want to spend money refused to go on a free cruise, then passed at 60 , he visits us twice a year since she is buried in Dallas. I knew my wife loved cruises before we got engaged 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

You've got quite a following with the Kraken Rum, Greg!  I love it.  Thank you!

Beautiful pictures, Nancy!

Thanks. We now have a light snow cover on the ground. Glad we got the hike in when we did. Temps are supposed to go back up next week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Damn, 

As they say.

Happy wife

Happy life

Be safe.

We leave in 2 weeks. Bill was looking at the app on his phone. He asked what he needed to do? I said nothing, we are all checked in. And I have all the necessary stuff printed out. He is a great partner and always steps up to do what needs to be done. (without nagging). We are getting excited about a long awaited vacation too. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

First of all I want to wish all a healthy and meaningful holiday with family and friends  on this being  one of the most holiest weeks of the year for different faiths.  

HAPPY EASTER

BLESSED PASSOVER 

But, along with this, I wonder how many people realize that this month is dedicated to those who suffer from various health issues.    My daughter being a social worker with interest in counseling has enlightened me to the cause of the month, that being suicide  prevention  It must have something to do with not being able to bear with life and carry their burdens on their own cross.  Years ago, when in high school, the article posted below appeared in our school news paper.  It was anonymous, it impacted me, and I remember it to this day keeping a copy of it.  It was titled:

IT'S OK, IT WILL GET BETTER, JUST HAVE FAITH.

Growing up I had the perfect life till the third grade.  Nice clothes, good friends and my parents were the best parents in the world.  Then it changed.  My dad’s company started to struggle and he thought smoking and drinking were the answer.  My mom did her best with what little money she got and kept food on the table, and although we had clothes they were few in number. It was hard dealing with the comments from classmates about my attire, but I persevered. I knew one day it would be better.

A few years later, it only got worse, coming home from school, my dad if not working was still drinking and my mom decided she had enough and decided to go out every night with her friends and escape by going to club, or just bingo games.  At this time dinner was usually a bologna sandwich or a can of soup.  Homework became challenging, and there was no one at home to help me.  At school fellow classmates called me the “dummy” and should be flunked and do a repeat grade. I used to write my emotions down, and that was my daily outlet, and writing was what I became good at.    I moved onto the next grade and knew one day it would get better.

Now eighth grade, pre-testing for high school, barely passed, and was placed in the special reading room for slow learners.  I was embarrassed and ashamed, I must be a dummy.  It was a long year.  Sadness for me was my daily outlook.  Grim and dim was all I had to look forward too.  But my dad’s job became better for a few months and we would do fun stuff when we had the money.  But that was short-lived. I turned inward and avoided life in general.   But this felt good, because one day it would get better.

High School, new life new friends.  My dad’s worked was the worse it has ever been.  My mom was never home, and there was little too eat for dinner.  People asked why I never smiled, if they only knew. But one day it would get better.

Then sophomore year, my life changed for the worse.  I saw only one solution to my life, and I knew it would make me happy.  As I was planning my solution, one of my teachers must have sensed something was array, and took me under their wing and made me feel important.  At first a casual conversation, which then lead to intense counseling.  They saw in me talents I never knew because no one ever took the time to work with the “slow learner”.  My grades soared; I was now in clubs, sports and talk about grades.  I was not a “dummy” I was just bored and lacked interest, and had to much to deal with at such a young age.   I started getting all “A’s and B’s”.  I was afraid of what the future would hold, could it get better?

My teacher saw the signs, recognized, counseled, and made an impact.  Because of him, it did get better.  We do not know the cross one bears, and the hardships silently dealt with, but, having faith, and believing will give a new life.  Then and only then it will get better, it did.

I no longer remain anonymous, (my article above was published in April of 1972) and learned to express myself in writing at an early age, and have actually received awards for my writing through out high school and college  and am very grateful for the life I lived, learned and continue to grow realizing that things do get better, and if it were not for my teacher friend, I do not know if I could have ended the situation, but, call it the emotions of teens. But life did get better, and I have and will continue to be their to help others lives get better.  Writing continues to be my outlet and I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others.

". . . . Remember in life there is always something old to be sought and enjoyed; always something new to be found, treasured and shared, thank you for sharing your life with me. . . ."

Sue

Amazing.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm hoping to keep the S9 functional until fall of 2023, then get whatever is the most outrageous.  But I just can't convert to Apple

I do get it and there is no reason to “change horses in the middle of a stream”  (Lincoln and Tower of Power) In my opinion. The Samsung is going to always stay competitive with Apple. Most industry analysts say Samsungs camera are superior to Apple’s. I’ve always been a loyal Apple guy (damn me) and will stick it out. I will say it’s very tempting to stay ahead of the technology curve. I love always having the latest. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m going to recommend my DD check into medical marijuana. She had a knee replacement a couple of years ago, but the other knee, both shoulders, one hip and one elbow are really hurting.  She said today she has to take sleeping pills now to get any sleep. 
She has had joint problems, and has meds from her rheumatologist, but not the pain she has now. 
It’s scary when your children develop physical problems and you can’t help. 
Maybe the gummies would. 

The only time I took sleeping tablets was when I was still working and my mother's dementia was getting worse . She was still living alone with daily care visits and most of the caring duties amongst my siblings were down to me. I had to get up at 3.30 on my early shifts and often only had one or two hours sleep. I begged my doctors to give me something to help me sleep. She reluctantly gave me one prescription and said she would not repeat it. I eked out the tablets, cutting them in  half and only using them when I was on early shifts,  once or twice a week

Within a year we had to move her into a care home and though I'll always feel guilty about that, at least I knew she was in a safe place 24 hours and well cared for. 

I hope your daughter finds a solution to her pain, there is nothing like a good night's sleep

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We've spent the last couple of days in a kibbutz, in the north, at the invitation of our DIL's family. They are a very close-knit family, and used to travel together as 3 generations. We were wary to feel like "intruders", but accepted mainly for the opportunity to spend quality time with our grandkids and our son. The accommodations were very basic, and cheap also. We didn't participate in all their activities, but it was still fun, with the men being on the "grill" and the women taking care of the other food.

The grandkids were in awe of the resident peacock, which didn't hesitate to turn his "back" to DH, after flaunting its glorious tail to have its pic taken...

image.thumb.jpeg.67c4181a9a634d0e56ea667c422474d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b09783c98ff51b22e55d2f398393902e.jpeg

A very special tree.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a7a9a0ef14386f0ea187e5869babfbd.jpeg

We have been blessed with a rainy winter, and the north is very green, not something we've seen in many years.

image.thumb.jpeg.225a8ce0d59e05d7140ac5b7f46c56b1.jpeg 
image.thumb.jpeg.fa1f1a2a0721ab9cda1986f1e79e2ca4.jpeg

Looks like you had a lovely break with your sons in laws and how wonderful to spend time with your grandsons 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Im in the same boat I’ve always been a tosser and turner. Lately with my restless leg syndrome due to my knee replacement sleeping has almost been impossible. Now don’t think bad of me but a friend of mine who has a medical marijuana card gave me gummy and I was amazed how well I slept and the restless leg syndrome did not bother me. I was  so happy that I got doctors approval and applied for a medical marijuana card here in Missouri where it is legal. I got approved late last week and made my first purchase of gummy’s (I don’t smoke or like the smell so I’ll just do edibles)and the results have been amazing. I used to get up every hour now I sleep in 4 hour blocks. I wake up feeling good and refreshed. I’m not sure if it’s legal where you are but if it is it might be something to look into.Hopefully no one will think I’m a druggie because I’m not. 

Glad you've found something that works for you Greg, a good night's sleep is priceless. 

Not sure if it's legal here or not. There's been a lot of talk on the radio and push back from patients to get it legalised for medical use over the last three years or so. 

As I'm not working now its something I can live with. My smart watch shows that I'm actually sleeping more than I think.. My main problem is waking up multi time for loo breaks and then not always going back to sleep again. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Lionesss said:

First of all I want to wish all a healthy and meaningful holiday with family and friends  on this being  one of the most holiest weeks of the year for different faiths.  

HAPPY EASTER

BLESSED PASSOVER 

But, along with this, I wonder how many people realize that this month is dedicated to those who suffer from various health issues.    My daughter being a social worker with interest in counseling has enlightened me to the cause of the month, that being suicide  prevention  It must have something to do with not being able to bear with life and carry their burdens on their own cross.  Years ago, when in high school, the article posted below appeared in our school news paper.  It was anonymous, it impacted me, and I remember it to this day keeping a copy of it.  It was titled:

IT'S OK, IT WILL GET BETTER, JUST HAVE FAITH.

Growing up I had the perfect life till the third grade.  Nice clothes, good friends and my parents were the best parents in the world.  Then it changed.  My dad’s company started to struggle and he thought smoking and drinking were the answer.  My mom did her best with what little money she got and kept food on the table, and although we had clothes they were few in number. It was hard dealing with the comments from classmates about my attire, but I persevered. I knew one day it would be better.

A few years later, it only got worse, coming home from school, my dad if not working was still drinking and my mom decided she had enough and decided to go out every night with her friends and escape by going to club, or just bingo games.  At this time dinner was usually a bologna sandwich or a can of soup.  Homework became challenging, and there was no one at home to help me.  At school fellow classmates called me the “dummy” and should be flunked and do a repeat grade. I used to write my emotions down, and that was my daily outlet, and writing was what I became good at.    I moved onto the next grade and knew one day it would get better.

Now eighth grade, pre-testing for high school, barely passed, and was placed in the special reading room for slow learners.  I was embarrassed and ashamed, I must be a dummy.  It was a long year.  Sadness for me was my daily outlook.  Grim and dim was all I had to look forward too.  But my dad’s job became better for a few months and we would do fun stuff when we had the money.  But that was short-lived. I turned inward and avoided life in general.   But this felt good, because one day it would get better.

High School, new life new friends.  My dad’s worked was the worse it has ever been.  My mom was never home, and there was little too eat for dinner.  People asked why I never smiled, if they only knew. But one day it would get better.

Then sophomore year, my life changed for the worse.  I saw only one solution to my life, and I knew it would make me happy.  As I was planning my solution, one of my teachers must have sensed something was array, and took me under their wing and made me feel important.  At first a casual conversation, which then lead to intense counseling.  They saw in me talents I never knew because no one ever took the time to work with the “slow learner”.  My grades soared; I was now in clubs, sports and talk about grades.  I was not a “dummy” I was just bored and lacked interest, and had to much to deal with at such a young age.   I started getting all “A’s and B’s”.  I was afraid of what the future would hold, could it get better?

My teacher saw the signs, recognized, counseled, and made an impact.  Because of him, it did get better.  We do not know the cross one bears, and the hardships silently dealt with, but, having faith, and believing will give a new life.  Then and only then it will get better, it did.

I no longer remain anonymous, (my article above was published in April of 1972) and learned to express myself in writing at an early age, and have actually received awards for my writing through out high school and college  and am very grateful for the life I lived, learned and continue to grow realizing that things do get better, and if it were not for my teacher friend, I do not know if I could have ended the situation, but, call it the emotions of teens. But life did get better, and I have and will continue to be their to help others lives get better.  Writing continues to be my outlet and I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others.

". . . . Remember in life there is always something old to be sought and enjoyed; always something new to be found, treasured and shared, thank you for sharing your life with me. . . ."

Sue

Very moving Sue , you do write beautifully and so funny and descriptive.  A good teacher is worth his/her weight in gold and are the real hero's of society along with our medical angels

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It appears our US site is down, so I am on the UK site.  Granddaughter’s 7th birthday is Sunday, so today will be spent shopping for our food contribution to the party.  

I had to change search engines to access the forum today.  Hope your grand-daughter has a lovely birthday.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The Samsung is going to always stay competitive with Apple. Most industry analysts say Samsungs camera are superior to Apple’s.

All Apple guy here too.  I'd argue that if all you look at is pixel count then maybe Samsung is ahead.  But the post-picture processing technology is important too, and I feel Apple clearly has the lead here.  

These modern day smartphones pretty much have higher pixel counts than any of us need.  Apple often only mentions pixel count in passing and they have completely stopped mentioning clock speed for the CPUs in their computers.  Yet the new Mac Studio, even without knowing its clock speed, is probably the fastest consumer computer one can buy today.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I am shocked that you didn’t already have this done for him.  

I guess that I am the planner for our cruises.   When I knew check in would open, I already had our passports and vax cards out, and a new photo ready to upload.  Of course, I had to take at least six pictures of Susan, before she approved one.

By the way, I don’t remember if I mentioned, but we have an 11 am boarding time for that cruise.  You have any plans to do a Live?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Now we want to see this, with your hair braided too, If Greg can show his knee I'm sure your eye is nothing. 🙂

Here's a leg shot🤣20200130_210950.thumb.jpg.919b94dd8eaa861eb77b1ab992bb0824.jpg

I'll have to see if Eric has any photos my braids.  I'm really not up to taking a selfy and posting with my eye all bandaged up.  Sorry🙃

• Like 3
  • Haha 3