Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm liking the pictures.  They look great for low light shots.  It seems like the weather has been iffy for the last few weeks...overcast and a bit windy.  The law of averages says that it has to get back to sunny, warm, and breezy in the Caribbean.  Your cruise would be a great time for it to start! 

What was your first drink?

At least the Sun Deck is now open.

Painkiller.... And I had my share of Cosmos and espresso martinis last night. My previous bartender is not here. This set is run of the mill. They are not really into crafting a drink and learning your flavor preferences.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Ocean Boy, I would have already been to the DL for a morning latte by now.

Are Norah and Rocky still the comedians onboard?  It seems like they are keeping them on longer. I was hoping for new ones, or at least a new routine. 

Yes they are and I found them rather mediocre last night. Well placed F bombs can be effective but when it is every other word the impact is lost.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@aussielozzie18

Thank you-------I  needed your beautiful pictures now more than ever.

@oceanboy

Your an early bird, and I must say you captured the moment.

Thank you for the morning pictures.

Soon for us, in a mere less than 3 weeks.

If you have time to post, can you update us on number of cruisers and if there are any ongoing new changes coming out of COVID Circa 2022.

Thank you have a safe journey.

I'll see if they mention numbers at the top tear event this morning. 

Other than cleaning, this is a completely normal pre-covid cruise. No masks needed anywhere and Windjammer is self serve.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

The only thing that is getting us through these final days with Carrie are her memories.

Carrie was always a cat with attitude, but took care of our daughter and was a lady to her.

When she would have to go to the VET for whatever reason, they did not look forward to her hissing, biting, screaming.  She never had to go for a follow up visit after surgery, they said I was a nurse and could evaluate and they would save us the trip (lol).

But us, well for years we were always greeted with a morning HISS, but as she became our one and only those became actually kisses when we would ask for a kiss, she would come and rub our face.

And at night she was quickly asleep on her cushion at the foot of our bed, before we were asleep, and we would often wake up with her under the covers.

She never played with cat toys, but any photograph not glassed enclosed was the best treat a cat could gnaw on. Whether it was on a desk, island, or just waiting to be hung, she would find.  Many a great memory went through her digestive track.

So last night, we stayed with her watching tv till 11:30.

She was fast asleep on a chair.

I went upstairs first, and as the DH was doing his final rounds, I heard a 

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

Here Carrie made her way upstairs and walked into the room.

After I got into bed, she kept wobbling back and forth back and forth and could not get up on her cushion (It is on the hope chest at the foot of our bed).

So Rick put her at the foot of the bed, and although she was restless she laid quietly till 7 am.

I awoke and had 2 green eyes staring at me. I called her name and asked for kisses, she stared, zoned out.

So after a few tears I got out of bed and she started  to try to walk across the bed and kept falling.

Wobbly, she was carried downstairs.

Put in her litter box, nada

Put by her water and fresh food dish nada.

Now when we call her name, her tail moves a little, but she no longer looks at us.

She is sitting and tilting on the throw rug in the kitchen.

Oh it is so hard.

I'm ready for Carrie to be at peace, but Rick after everything that has happened over the last few years needs, time.

Painful, 

Now as i started typing this it was overcast and cloudy, and now a ray of sunshine is coming in through the window in the computer room................................................................

So sorry, I feel for you. It's never easy when a pet reaches the end & they no longer want to eat, drink or can barely walk.  I went thru it several times and it never gets easier  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So sorry, I feel for you. It's never easy when a pet reaches the end & they no longer want to eat, drink or can barely walk.  I went thru it several times and it never gets easier  

I went through it will my dog. It was not easy.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well,

heard from one of the jobs (the one I was most excited about) and they hired someone else because they needed a closer timeline. 😩 oh well…all will work out the way it’s supposed to.

i have several happy hours with work friends scheduled over the next month and I just found out the execs are throwing me a goodbye party which is highly

unusual since that’s typically reserved for retirees. ❤️
We have booked the Paris Vrbo along with the Tampa to Paris flight for August. I’m so excited! 
moving wise: I’ve narrowed the wifi down to 2 providers that I need to call this weekend, our new bed frame was delivered to the FL house this week and our tenant is putting it in the garage for us, the Budget truck is reserved for 5/28, the carpet cleaning at our current home is 5/30, and this is reallyyyyyy happening!!!!!!!!

Im sorry you did not get that job but that just means that there is a better job you are meant for. I love Paris it’s one of my all time favorites.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hi from Allure.

Sounds like a great flight down. Great pics from your new phone. It does very well in low light.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Had several pages to catch up on this morning.  I had a new gazebo delivered last week, so I spent the sunny day yesterday, erecting the sidewalls and roof frame.  Today, I hope to finish the roof.

Can’t wait to see a finished project picture. I agree it’s nice to have that privacy. There are a couple of houses in our neighborhood where their hot tubs are out wide open for everyone to see.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

The only thing that is getting us through these final days with Carrie are her memories.

Carrie was always a cat with attitude, but took care of our daughter and was a lady to her.

When she would have to go to the VET for whatever reason, they did not look forward to her hissing, biting, screaming.  She never had to go for a follow up visit after surgery, they said I was a nurse and could evaluate and they would save us the trip (lol).

But us, well for years we were always greeted with a morning HISS, but as she became our one and only those became actually kisses when we would ask for a kiss, she would come and rub our face.

And at night she was quickly asleep on her cushion at the foot of our bed, before we were asleep, and we would often wake up with her under the covers.

She never played with cat toys, but any photograph not glassed enclosed was the best treat a cat could gnaw on. Whether it was on a desk, island, or just waiting to be hung, she would find.  Many a great memory went through her digestive track.

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

After I got into bed, she kept wobbling back and forth back and forth and could not get up on her cushion (It is on the hope chest at the foot of our bed).

So Rick put her at the foot of the bed, and although she was restless she laid quietly till 7 am.

I awoke and had 2 green eyes staring at me. I called her name and asked for kisses, she stared, zoned out.

So after a few tears I got out of bed and she started  to try to walk across the bed and kept falling.

Now when we call her name, her tail moves a little, but she no longer looks at us.

Oh it is so hard.

I'm ready for Carrie to be at peace, but Rick after everything that has happened over the last few years needs, time.

Painful, 

Now as i started typing this it was overcast and cloudy, and now a ray of sunshine is coming in through the window in the computer room................................................................

This breaks my heart. I don’t know if I missed this are you going to have her put to sleep? Maybe that would ease her and your’s pain.

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

At least the Sun Deck is now open.

Painkiller.... And I had my share of Cosmos and espresso martinis last night. My previous bartender is not here. This set is run of the mill. They are not really into crafting a drink and learning your flavor preferences.

That’s too bad. Nothing better than a good bartender who will work with you.

• Like 5

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

Oh it is so hard.

Painful, 

So sorry @Lionesss 😥

• Like 1

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

Oh it is so hard.

Painful, 

We are taking our two 15 year old cats for there annual checkup and shots this morning one totally struggles the other isn’t to bad , they meow on our short car ride to the vet. One is definitely showing his age. 

• Like 5

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

Oh it is so hard.

Painful, 

I’m very sorry about Carrie ! I can empathize with what you are experiencing. My daughter had two cats for years and years and she was very close to them . One fell ill two months ago and she took it to the vet . The vet told her it would be best to euthanize her darling cat.  Then , the other cat fell ill and the same scenario.  It was all very traumatic for our daughter. This last cat was laid to rest in our backyard.   Last month our daughter brought home two kittens from the humane society.  So , last week one kitten showed the same symptoms as Carrie . She took it to the vet and her kitten had to be euthanized, too.  All so hurtful for our daughter. Meanwhile,  she is experiencing pain in her chest on the right side. Her doc referred her for a mammogram then a sonogram. They didn’t find anything on the side that is painful however they found a lesion in the left breast . She has been awaiting an appointment for a biopsy.   Meanwhile, her dad is going to have knee surgery on May 5th.  Her life has been too , too traumatic. 

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, NHProud said:

They didn’t find anything on the side that is painful however they found a lesion in the left breast . She has been awaiting an appointment for a biopsy.   Meanwhile, her dad is going to have knee surgery on May 5th.  Her life has been too , too traumatic. 

oh my. 
here I am emotionally tied to our cat. And you are going through significant times. 

my prayers are for you and your loved ones. 

❤️

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m very sorry about Carrie ! I can empathize with what you are experiencing. My daughter had two cats for years and years and she was very close to them . One fell ill two months ago and she took it to the vet . The vet told her it would be best to euthanize her darling cat.  Then , the other cat fell ill and the same scenario.  It was all very traumatic for our daughter. This last cat was laid to rest in our backyard.   Last month our daughter brought home two kittens from the humane society.  So , last week one kitten showed the same symptoms as Carrie . She took it to the vet and her kitten had to be euthanized, too.  All so hurtful for our daughter. Meanwhile,  she is experiencing pain in her chest on the right side. Her doc referred her for a mammogram then a sonogram. They didn’t find anything on the side that is painful however they found a lesion in the left breast . She has been awaiting an appointment for a biopsy.   Meanwhile, her dad is going to have knee surgery on May 5th.  Her life has been too , too traumatic. 

That pain your daughter was having may have been a blessing. Hopefully, the lesion on the other side is nothing but if it is, the problem might be found at a much less advanced stage than if she did not have the pain.

I have become somewhat leery of vets. I hate to generalize as obviously it is not all, but I think euthanasia is often their go to advice for things the slightest bit unusual or complicated. Maybe I should not have posted that but I'm just stating my opinion based on my, and people I know, past experiences.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

oh my. 
here I am emotionally tied to our cat. And you are going through significant times. 

my prayers are for you and your loved ones. 

❤️

Someone else's experiences do not negate your own.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I am just guessing but it’s too weird that both cats had the same symptoms. There must be something in the house or around that is making them sick. Do you have house plants or flowers inside?  Certain plants and flowers can kill cats. I lost my beloved cat after she ate the flowers off a flower arrangement I received.

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That pain your daughter was having may have been a blessing. Hopefully, the lesion on the other side is nothing but if it is, the problem might be found at a much less advanced stage than if she did not have the pain.

I have become somewhat leery of vets. I hate to generalize as obviously it is not all, but I think euthanasia is often their go to advice for things the slightest bit unusual or complicated. Maybe I should not have posted that but I'm just stating my opinion based on my, and people I know, past experiences.

I agree with you that sometimes there is a rush to euthanize without investigating what the problem ms could be.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Our hot tub can only be seen by one side by our 1 neighbor, still quite a ways away because the size of our lot but we have this hot tub cover lifter then screens them out from seeing our heads in the hot tub. Works fine for us. Not sure how you get your cover on and off.

https://www.integrityspas.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=COVER_CADDY

We have neighbors to one side and to the rear. Our cover tilts, so it gave us some privacy in that direction.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have become somewhat leery of vets. I hate to generalize as obviously it is not all, but I think euthanasia is often their go to advice for things the slightest bit unusual or complicated.

I have had sort of the opposite experience.  When our 18 year old cat suddenly wasn’t herself, was lethargic, heavier breathing and no appetite we took her to our vet.  X-Ray showed a mass in her chest/lung.  Vet said there really wasn’t a good prognosis.  While we were digesting that he said well, he could do a biopsy to be certain it was cancer.  Except as her breathing was compromised they couldn’t sedate her so they’d have to restrain and muzzle her to get a biopsy.  That was not the last experience we wanted Amelia to have!  We had to insist on euthanasia.  Afterwards the vet said that was the right decision.  But I felt, left to himself, he would have put her/us through needless extra procedures.  Sigh.  I guess it’s hard for a vet to tell if you are the type of person who just wants your pet at peace or you are the type that isn’t ready to let go and wants to explore every avenue.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes they are and I found them rather mediocre last night. Well placed F bombs can be effective but when it is every other word the impact is lost.

I agree.   At least in the family show, Norah changed it up and had a clean version.  

Rocky’s was basically the same routine without the F bombs.  If they are still onboard in 3 weeks, I may not even bother booking the comedy show.

• Like 2

Her cats were very old .  They were part of our family for years and years . My daughter loved those cats.  I told her and her friend persuaded her to take one cat to the vet because it was in a lot of pain .  The vets were very compassionate and my daughter was very overwrought and I’m sure they would not have taken any remedy that was not necessary.  

Yes , it is fortunate that 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Had several pages to catch up on this morning.  I had a new gazebo delivered last week, so I spent the sunny day yesterday, erecting the sidewalls and roof frame.  Today, I hope to finish the roof.

I think I will like that over our hot tub, and it has some features that will give us some privacy from the neighbors.  My daughter graduated with the one neighbor, and she told her that they watch us in the hot tub.  So I guess we have to behave, at least until the project is finished 😏😳

🤣 uh oh. Yeah, better behave or you could end up on TickTok🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yes , it is fortunate to have found the lesion .  Our daughter is dealing with a lot.  

Enjoy your cruise , OB .   We were supposed to be cruising on May 3rd.  

I don’t know what happened because it posted without my hitting submit reply. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought the vet got it wring on both of our cats some 15 years ago , one I could tell was in misery wouldn’t eat or drink and they said to wait , other I thought shouldn’t be put away was , just a awful tough discussion. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Yes , it is fortunate to have found the lesion .  Our daughter is dealing with a lot.  

Enjoy your cruise , OB .   We were supposed to be cruising on May 3rd.  

I don’t know what happened because it posted without my hitting submit reply. 

Prayers for you all🙏

• Like 4

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well,

heard from one of the jobs (the one I was most excited about) and they hired someone else because they needed a closer timeline. 😩 oh well…all will work out the way it’s supposed to.

i have several happy hours with work friends scheduled over the next month and I just found out the execs are throwing me a goodbye party which is highly

unusual since that’s typically reserved for retirees. ❤️
We have booked the Paris Vrbo along with the Tampa to Paris flight for August. I’m so excited! 
moving wise: I’ve narrowed the wifi down to 2 providers that I need to call this weekend, our new bed frame was delivered to the FL house this week and our tenant is putting it in the garage for us, the Budget truck is reserved for 5/28, the carpet cleaning at our current home is 5/30, and this is reallyyyyyy happening!!!!!!!!

oh well…all will work out the way it’s supposed to.

That’s a great way of looking at it.  One plus is that while you go through moving you won’t have to worry about jumping into a new job.

throwing me a goodbye party

Sounds like you grew close to your work family.  I think leaving my work friends was the hardest part of retirement.  Although it’s not the same, with today’s tech, you will be able to stay in touch.

We have booked the Paris Vrbo

This sounds great!  Are you going to share a review?  I would like to see what you have to do restrictions wise in hopes that we can move our timeline up for traveling overseas.

Does it seem like all of this is happening fast?  Time seems to fly faster and faster.  I feel like it hasn’t been long since I retired but it’s been almost 5 years now!

I hope all works out well for you and Nate.  Enjoy.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said: @Ozark_Kid these were taken in pro mode....

As I was scrolling down and I saw the first pic I thought, nice!  Looks like it is working out great.  Another place to try out pro mode is at shows.  It helped me get a more balanced pic with the bright stage lights and performance. Don’t let it take away from enjoying the show.  If you shoot in auto, you can always adjust the contrast or brightness later.  I don’t remember mentioning it before but you may of noticed already.  If while taking a pic you slide the shoot button it will rapid shoot.  I used it when shooting moving stuff like ice shows.  Then later you can find a pic that didn’t blur.  Also when you pull up a video you like you can pause it on what you like and then hit a button on the bottom left corner.  This will produce a nice pic.  I will be doing that more for show pics.

Thanks for posting the pics.  Enjoy the cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1