Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/25/2022 at 7:35 PM, Jimbo said:

....we stopped off along the way and picked up some very sweet North Carolina Strawberries.

20220425_152902.jpg

When you posted the Strawberries I looked up to see when we could get some here.  It looked like it would be 3 weeks.  Well look what we found today!  Looks like Arkansas Strawberries are ready.   They had 3 varieties. 

image.thumb.png.90bed279de0f8ae6670ed24c48cbfd91.png

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When you posted the Strawberries I looked up to see when we could get some here.  It looked like it would be 3 weeks.  Well look what we found today!  Looks like Arkansas Strawberries are ready.   They had 3 varieties. 

image.thumb.png.90bed279de0f8ae6670ed24c48cbfd91.png

Looking good !! Half of ours are gone all ready. Will be tackling the second container tonight. Made some Bisquick Shortcake. Whip Cream and a little milk in bottom of the bowl. Nothing like it!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finally able to get the trees close to the deck cut down.  This will help the garden get more sun, give a better view to the pond, help keep the squirrels from jumping onto the roof and give me some mulch from the grind stumps.

IMG_4795.MOV 30.85 MB · 2 downloads  

2C30677A-7F75-41D6-AC84-F1BEB1C2EE2E.thumb.jpeg.015148a236468c35d72b7704923ff7db.jpeg

And a nice area for a fire pit and plenty of new firewood😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

My wife and I were on Anthem in March.  We loved the ship, in fact I think we both liked it more than the Oasis class.  We'd do it again but not in the colder months.  My wife hated packing for both cold (for her, 65 degrees is freezing) and warm...it was her only gripe.

I was on Anthem March 20th and March 27th (b2b).    Which week were you on?

We also were on an 11 night on Jan 9th - now that was a chilly "rocky" sailing but expected that for January.     We had beautiful weather once we got down south.

• Like 1

@A&L_Ont Congratulations to Owen on his subject results.  
Are the snake or frog poisonous?

I follow a QLD snake catcher on FB.  He posts  videos of the snakes and goannas he removes from peoples homes/gardens/pools and cars each day.
It was reported last week that a dreaded cane toad was seen for the first time in Sydney.  Very bad news. They are big, ugly, poisonous and wipe out the native fauna.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@A&L_Ont Congratulations to Owen on his subject results.  
Are the snake or frog poisonous?

I follow a QLD snake catcher on FB.  He posts  videos of the snakes and goannas he removes from peoples homes/gardens/pools and cars each day.
It was reported last week that a dreaded cane toad was seen in Sydney.  Very bad news. 

Wasn't it you the posted the picture of the mega spider in your house?😯😯😯😯

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Oliver tries to take over the bed at night, luckily, when I say “scoot” he will either go down to the corner of the bed and let me roll over, or he will jump down and go take over his half of the couch like he does most days. 
61D9AFF9-3D82-4AEC-A232-81C2FF8A80C6.thumb.jpeg.36346d0e6af7f970c08433e7b9f8a5df.jpeg

One of the weirdest things he does is, if I get up in the middle of the night to use the rest room he will get up and lick my pillow.  Needless to say,it’s extremely gross to crawl back in bed half asleep and lay your head on a wet pillow. 🤮

Too Cute!!!   Oliver looks like a sweetie.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wasn't it you the posted the picture of the 3 foot spider in your house?😯😯😯😯

Yep.  Huntsman.  Scary looking but completely harmless unless you understandly panic if you have one run across the inside of your windscreen while driving down the freeway….

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

My poor Eric has an infected (abscess) tooth this week.   He broke a tooth on our Anthem sailing end of March (like I was supposed to remember that) and last week another piece chipped off.    I said you should call the dentist as it probably needs to be pulled if pieces are cracking off.      Did he call - NO!

Now it is all swollen and I was able to get Dentist to squeeze him late this afternoon.    Now on antibiotic and getting pulled next week.    He teeth have become bad in the last couple of years and suspect he will need dentures in the near future.      

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wildlife sightings from the last week. I don’t want any of these in bed, or in the house for that matter. 

Oh, my, that is so frightening. I've "understood" the snake, but couldn't figure what the other "mass" was.... a garden ornament replicating a snake??

NOW ( @aussielozzie18 it seems, has previous knowledge...), after google-ing it... A toad, poisonous, and ugly to boot -- ugh.

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looking good !! Half of ours are gone all ready. Will be tackling the second container tonight. Made some Bisquick Shortcake. Whip Cream and a little milk in bottom of the bowl. Nothing like it!

As I was cleaning a quart each one that came in the kitchen said yum and grabbed a few!  The 1st quart is already half gone. I have them chilling in the fridge. 

I plan to freeze some and then run them through the Vitamix to make a frozen drink. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

What a great update. 

Thank you so much, Andrew!

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

4387ABAC-1BDE-4ABB-905C-0FE94B882790.thumb.jpeg.e84282baaf7aa195a075680bf8672dd5.jpeg

Big congratulations on both his academics as well as his Soccer game.   Sure glad the snow is gone!

Have a wonderful and memorable time at the Blue Jays game tomorrow.  Awesome seats!!!

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A3B4BC67-336A-4886-B158-7956763CC9E6.thumb.jpeg.797244d4b0ce0c6d91432bac4638163c.jpeg

A4D5E76E-0FB0-4376-80D0-B06C93FE89C3.thumb.jpeg.5f015fdef3ce6328447315aa592f6957.jpeg

No Sir, Hell no!!  What kind of snake is this?  Any more eggs besides this one?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Thanks.  He is a very sweet dog.  I’ve had him for five months now, and if licking my pillow in the middle of the night is the worst thing he does, then I got really lucky in the adoptive dog lottery. 😀

You did get lucky.  Our Max licks the large rug. Once a day when he first comes inside.  He’s a rescue too. Each of our 3 rescue dogs have had their own quirks. This one is his.  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My poor Eric has an infected (abscess) tooth this week.   He broke a tooth on our Anthem sailing end of March (like I was supposed to remember that) and last week another piece chipped off.    I said you should call the dentist as it probably needs to be pulled if pieces are cracking off.      Did he call - NO!

Now it is all swollen and I was able to get Dentist to squeeze him late this afternoon.    Now on antibiotic and getting pulled next week.    He teeth have become bad in the last couple of years and suspect he will need dentures in the near future.      

Ugh.  Toothaches are the worst.  The antibiotics will make it better quickly and then they can pull it.  Maybe he could get implants.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Immunosuppressants!  Charlie goes right away if he feels a problem starting.  That is one of the things they harp on at Columbia, dental visits!,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And a nice area for a fire pit and plenty of new firewood😁

I have a metal fire pit that we had on the old deck. Didn't use it much.  I forgot about it.  The trees you see are oak.  Very heavy.  I have asked if anyone would want it but I kept hearing it was too heavy to mess with.  You can see the claw on the tractor.  They use it to haul the logs to the truck.   A few times the guy would grab a log and the tractor would tip up on the 2 front wheels!  His son would yell, Dad wait, let me cut it in half!  😆 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ugh.  Toothaches are the worst.  The antibiotics will make it better quickly and then they can pull it.  Maybe he could get implants.  

Recently got a estimate of 6k to replace a tooth and some minor gum surgery 😢.

• Like 1

Wildlife sightings from the last week. I don’t want any of these in bed, or in the house for that matter. 

35C59EBC-41AB-4E80-B82F-9758EED0F14F.thumb.jpeg.a1def2e15bb85f6f2fad1b2ec4f0d357.jpeg

A3B4BC67-336A-4886-B158-7956763CC9E6.thumb.jpeg.797244d4b0ce0c6d91432bac4638163c.jpeg

A4D5E76E-0FB0-4376-80D0-B06C93FE89C3.thumb.jpeg.5f015fdef3ce6328447315aa592f6957.jpeg

09845954-236B-4023-B03B-CD2E53B4D39C.thumb.jpeg.cb4fb7a5642568dba879d9ef07e90cef.jpeg

Those snakes look so healthy! I see *nothing* in the third picture.  I didn’t know you had gray panthers in your neck of the woods!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was on Anthem March 20th and March 27th (b2b).    Which week were you on?

We also were on an 11 night on Jan 9th - now that was a chilly "rocky" sailing but expected that for January.     We had beautiful weather once we got down south.

We were on the 27th.  Other than some rain here and there, I was fine.  Shorts all week (except for boarding day).  My wife, on the other hand....LOL

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Recently got a estimate of 6k to replace a tooth and some minor gum surgery 😢.

Yikes.  I have two implants and it was less then that for both.  Of course it has been a few years since I had it done.

• Like 1

Owen had another soccer game today. They tied 3/3 but actually came back to lead 3/2 from being down 2/0.  A much better game today. Weather was even summer but just a high of 7C when they were playing. 

On a better note for Owen, it was mid-term mark day. 83 Drama, 83 Geography 93 Gym and 95 English.  He was disappointed that his gym mark was lower than English, LOL. Tomorrow is a PA day, so no school for Owen.  

We are headed to Toronto tomorrow for an overnight, to watch the Blue Jays play Houston. We are lucky enough to have seats first row home plate and row two beside the Jays dugout. Owen is hoping for some signatures and maybe a ball or two. If you are watching on TV we should be approximately where the red circles are. 

4387ABAC-1BDE-4ABB-905C-0FE94B882790.thumb.jpeg.e84282baaf7aa195a075680bf8672dd5.jpeg

Have you ever been to a Canada Day Mariner-Blue Jay series in Seattle?  I swear most years the stadium is over half Blue Jay fans...

• Like 3

I'm HANGRY!!! I'm on a liquid clear diet today and I'm currently drinking this god awful Suprep to prepare for my colonoscopy in the morning. I want to scream, fight, cry and have a temper tantrum all at the same time while eating a cheeseburger w/ bacon and french fries. 

OK. I feel much better typing how I feel. 

The Suprep taste like flat alka seltzer plus. I loathe alka seltzer plus. So I'm struggling big time. A straw seems to help me get it down. I just finished drinking the 3rd of 6 glasses. Pray my strength.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yep.  Huntsman.  Scary looking but completely harmless unless you understandly panic if you have one run across the inside of your windscreen while driving down the freeway….

O...M...G.

• Haha 1