Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Update on getting COVID test. 

We could book CVS today, to be done in 14 days in time for our May cruise.  But when I got to speak to a real person after 15 min of   “  Prompts”. She did verify that the results could possibly take up to 2  days. 
Hmmmm in October we got results in 10 min. 
So I asked her what changed. She goes nothing. 
Oh. You have to pay $139.  No longer under COVID act. 

So since we have time. 
I checked on Walgreens site. We can book 7 days out. 
Hmmmmm. I want a definite reassurance. Confirmed date. So……..
So I proceeded to put the thinking cap on. 

So 2 days before our cruise we will get up at 7 am.  Do the Emed proctored test. 
if it gives us results we don’t want. We will proceed to one of the clinics in town. quikMed in Youngstown. and they take walkins for the rapid proctored test acceptable for travel. $129. 

I wish they would just stop the testing.  Too much to think about. 

Take care. 

I would book Walgreens early in the morning 7 days out. That’s what we did, and had our choice of times. Went through the drive thru. 
We got our results within 30 minutes. 
You could still do the EMed just in case. 

• Like 2

Just getting caught up.  

@LuckynanaAva looks lovely! I hope she has a great time!

@grapau27 your garden is so beautiful and peaceful

@Sunshine3601 hope Eric’s feeling better! 

@Ocean Boy sorry your cruise is coming to an end but not as sorry as you!  It might have been me who commented on your foot photo, saying we know what your toe looks like.  I might not know your face but if I ever bump into you, I’ll recognize your feet, LOL. 

@Sea Dog hope the pups are doing well after their procedures. They sure are getting big.  Tortola is a great port stop mostly for the opportunity to get to Jost Van Dyke.  

@dani negreanu you must be getting excited for your upcoming cruise!

Enjoying all the pet/cat photos but NOT snake photos!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This is our Ava Jude, ready for her Prom tonight.  I didn't mean for this to get into Debbie's post, but look guys, I did it!!!  My first posting pictures!

Maryann

Maryann, Ava looks fabulous!  Sweet and so grown up.  I'm so glad her hospital stay is behind her so that she can have a wonderful prom.

@lenquixote66 Lenny, glad you're doing better. Hope it continues.

@grapau27 Graham your backyard is a peaceful, beautiful oasis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Update on getting COVID test. 

We could book CVS today, to be done in 14 days in time for our May cruise.  But when I got to speak to a real person after 15 min of   “  Prompts”. She did verify that the results could possibly take up to 2  days. 
Hmmmm in October we got results in 10 min. 
So I asked her what changed. She goes nothing. 
Oh. You have to pay $139.  No longer under COVID act. 

So since we have time. 
I checked on Walgreens site. We can book 7 days out. 
Hmmmmm. I want a definite reassurance. Confirmed date. 

If emed tests don't work for you.   I highly recommend Walgreens for the rapid Naat test vs paying $129.

Walgreens appt can be made 7 days out but no worries as they are not booked up like they were dec/Jan.   You can usually get a same day appt. But still always best to make appt. Ahead of time.

Then if worst case scenario they cancel then go to other place you mentioned.  

• Like 2

We were invited to Grandparents day at their academy.   It is pre kindergarten through 4th grade.  Each grade sang some musical.  They laid out the red  carpet with scenes of the big city to welcome us.  At the end all grades got together and sang a finally.   It was really entertaining.   They estimated 1,000 showed up.

image.thumb.png.3c84d834ae04268a519e4cd72d45ec80.png

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So the exciting news is that I have a new grandkitty.  My daughter just added to her family.  Introductions will be made in June when we visit.  Her name is Luca and here she is!  Oh those eyes!

image.thumb.jpeg.c998e6e58d0836e78f6152b1cd4a4bae.jpeg

Hi Luca😺    She looks like a sweetie and  very alert.   I wish her the best with the new baby.   How old is she?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For sure. They need to pick it up and now though as it isn’t pretty. 

Wow even fans running on the field........You are getting it all........

How many actual rows from the field are you, trying to get a picture of you sitting in the seats on my TV...........Looks like only the first 2 rows are showing when the batter is up, are you in rows 3 or 4?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Eric went to bed early since tummy upset from antibiotic.  Tooth still sore and swollen.   Gave him some bland chicken and brown rice for dinner.

Now I sit and drink pitcher of rum punch with Kraken.   Delicious!

Watching last 2 episodes of BD sailing.    

I'm getting tired of Gabby.  Don't like her attitude with Marco at the villa for their day off!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric went to bed early since tummy upset from antibiotic.  Tooth still sore and swollen.   Gave him some bland chicken and brown rice for dinner.

Now I sit and drink pitcher of rum punch with Kraken.   Delicious!

Watching last 2 episodes of BD sailing.    

I'm getting tired of Gabby.  Don't like her attitude with Marco at the villa for their day off!

What is the recipe you are using for the Rum Punch. I assume you are using Original Kraken?