Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have a beautiful hand carved wooden turtle that we bought in Antigua.It was not a store in port.This was in 2019 and we took a taxi .The driver said there was a great store where everything was made in Antigua .

I have a 20 foot high bookcase.I keep books and vacation souvenirs on it,

The turtle has a nice resting spot .

Here are my sea turtles from Antigua.   

And photo of my outdoor clock as I always loose track of time when I'm out back.

20220607_074411.thumb.jpg.3608df0996d6864338d8b5178fdbcb98.jpg20220607_074438.thumb.jpg.6ee7b567239c4f109d294c6766f008b8.jpg

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 18

I think I understand why green and wood together as a single word is blocked here.  Wood, or woody, is slang for a man's erection.  Put green in front of it and you get a few different versions on that theme.  More info here, but be warned that you might not like what you read: Urban Dictionary: *****

Or it's just a bug in CC's software.  Who knows?

• Like 9

While I was taking these pictures Sparky caught a bird then ran inside with it.   He was running around the house with it in his mouth.   I was finally able to get the bird outside.  It walked awY then flew hopefully it is okay.   Birds are now dive bombing Sparky so I brought him back inside.   20220607_075133.thumb.jpg.24ca166f1a478e0542ac00f8d5ccfa39.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

After throwing out all his VHS tapes, he said I am never going to play these vinyls  and wanted to throw them out too

And I just read that some VHS tapes are now selling for almost $60,000.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Let’s Go Rangers! 👏👏👏

Let’s Go Rangers! 👏👏👏

Let’s Go Rangers! 👏👏👏

Let’s Go Avalanche! 👏👏👏

Let’s Go Avalanche! 👏👏👏

Let’s Go Avalanche! 👏👏👏

(Anyone but TB😉)

So, another year with the Cup south of the border.😱

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I understand why green and wood together as a single word is blocked here.  Wood, or woody, is slang for a man's erection.  Put green in front of it and you get a few different versions on that theme.  More info here, but be warned that you might not like what you read: Urban Dictionary: *****

Or it's just a bug in CC's software.  Who knows?

I was getting too curious too so I did a search of the word and added urban dictionary before I saw your link. I got the 3rd explanation in your link.  Gross, I can understand banning the word if someone was calling another that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

She seems very spunky indeed. How is Samantha "accepting" her?

Right now Annabel is in an x pen in the living room.  That way she can see everyone but no one has direct access to her until she gets a little bigger and they are all used to each other.  Samantha stood by the pen a long time just looking at her.  This is what we did to introduce Samantha to the household (4 other cats and 2 dogs) so it was a gradual process.  Annabel is so small right now I don't want any accidents.  I will be bringing her out for play time several times today and gradually increase the time.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I bought a record player for Gary's birthday last year. He still has all his old LPs. Though we have Spotify it's nice to have the old fashioned vinyl sometimes 

I still have hundreds of albums and maybe almost a hundred of 45’s, my vhs player just broke , most like Will just throw out the few vhs tapes I have left . Hot day in Dallas will be in upper 90’s should be another good pool day. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum

Mark,

So glad you're feeling better (and your son is Covid-free). Wishing a very Happy Birthday to Susan, and a lovely celebration today 💐

@aussielozzie18

Aussie,

Wishing you a swift and complete recovery from your future hand surgery

Thank you Dani.  We will have a little celebration, but it will not be a normal one since I still had a positive test this morning.  

Although I am supposedly no longer contagious, I am still being avoided. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

so off to my third day surgery in 8 weeks to have a dequervains release procedure.  Pretty straightforward by the sounds of it so not worried.

Wishing you a successful hand surgery soon. 

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I bought a record player for Gary's birthday last year. He still has all his old LPs. Though we have Spotify it's nice to have the old fashioned vinyl sometimes 

I love the sound of vinyl. It has a warmth to it. I still have a couple hundred albums that I keep even though I have digital copies of them. I have a very good analog to digital convertor so I have been digitizing all my albums. 

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Can you Imagine what they would make of each other.  Here's another pic in all his glory 

What a cutie. Took me a minute to find him. 

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am back with Annabel and things will be busy around here for a bit.  LOL  She was described as "spunky" and that she is.

Beautiful kitty. Love the look. They have tons of energy so spunky it will be.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow I had no idea. I guess I learn something new everyday.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

And I just read that some VHS tapes are now selling for almost $60,000.

I would be interested in what tape sold for $60K? I hope they have a machine to play it on.

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you Dani.  We will have a little celebration, but it will not be a normal one since I still had a positive test this morning.  

Although I am supposedly no longer contagious, I am still being avoided. 

Sorry to hear you are still positive. Are your symptoms still mild?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Speaking of pasta, carbonara is our favorite.  When I found this recipe I was amazed how extremely easy it is to make!!!  Quick and delicious.  

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/spaghetti-alla-carbonara-recipe-1914140.amp

That does look nice and easy.  I love carbonate and will have to try.   I just bought pancetta this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That does look nice and easy.  I love carbonate and will have to try.   I just bought pancetta this weekend.

I was surprised how easy it is!  Important to make sure to save pasta water and add as necessary.  You can grate the cheese and mix it with the egg and pepper ahead of time.  It’s quick and delicious.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son is in the hospital to get IV antibiotics.

Oh, Marietta, I was just thinking about your daughter and her kids, and now this.

It really is too much in such a short time. 🤞 for you son, that the IV will work its magic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's wonderful news!  Congratulations to your GD.  

Brag away🤩

She is graduating this month as an honor student,co-captain of the tennis team,a member of a travel soccer team.She tutors kids in Math,does a lot of volunteer work and was accepted to every college she applied to.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got a call from my daughter-in-law.  My son is in the hospital to get IV antibiotics.  His leg is infected, he thinks from his excema.  Our family is really tired of one thing after another.

Marietta,  I hope you son heals quickly.   It's never good when one of the kids are not doing well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Manhattan was always fun for me. I only got to spend time there as a visitor and my mother’s siblings took me everywhere.

I know we went to a German restaurant, but can’t remember anything about it. 
As a teenager I ate at Toffenetti’s and I think Jack Dempsey’s. 

As an adult, I loved taking friends up there for long weekends and wearing them out walking all over the island. 
 I was lucky to be able to walk through so many cities across the world and when I feel sorry for myself that I can’t do it any more, I remind myself of all the things and places I’ve seen that I never dreamed I would. 

I remember Toffenetti’s and Jack Demsey’s.Last year I reconnected with a friend who I last saw in 1955 .We had a 5 hour phone conversation and discussed all the restaurants that we used to go to that are just memories now.

Toby and I went cross country in 1970 and made stops in 43 cities,many were very small.We brought home brochures from each city.

• Like 1