Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, derorim said:

We are doing the TA from Copenhagen to Boston in 2023.  I remembered you posted a review of your 2018 Baltic cruise so I looked it up to see what you said about your time in Copenhagen.  That review, which was done 2 years after you actually were there, was refreshing to read in 2020 when we were in lockdown.  Thanks!  Enjoy your upcoming return in August.

I'll pick up a lot of your cruise on the World cruise in 2024. I hope we go to NYC instead of Bayonne 

• Like 1

More on the Ranger fan who suckered punch the Tampa fan as well as another Ranger fan who tried to stop him from fleeing.  Wondering how much time he'll get sentenced too & if he'll get fired? The video has gotten plenty of views.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/sucker-punching-rangers-fan-banned-by-madison-square-garden/

Edit: and yeah, pretty sure it was an ARI (Alcohol Related  Incident). Some people can't hold their liquor. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Fingers crossed it goes through. Time trials now but there is some unpredicted rain in the radar. I think it will be iffy. 

66F4DB76-1D2E-49B2-BD04-26EB6D83F509.thumb.jpeg.c227e6279c003ef567a7e810be9a2769.jpeg

Looks like head for the wine cellar time

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll pick up a lot of your cruise on the World cruise in 2024. I hope we go to NYC instead of Bayonne 

Bayonne is a beautiful area.........hehehehehehehe! You can all tender over to NYC.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Bayonne is a beautiful area.........hehehehehehehe!

We arrive Sept 1st, it's an overnight. The itinerary does say New York, I believe.

Manhattan sounds great.

But expensive. No doubt. Maybe Staten Island Ferry is all I can afford by then

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/9/2022 at 9:02 AM, Jimbo said:

This is the Dishwasher we are getting for our remodel of our kitchen. Has a 3rd rack on the top also, never have had a dishwasher like that so I guess it will be a new learning curve how to get the best use out of it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Profile-24-in-Stainless-Steel-Top-Control-Built-In-Tall-Tub-Dishwasher-with-3rd-Rack-and-45-dBA-PDP715SYNFS/310504261

Thanks I’ll check it out. It looks like it’s available also. That is one of the problems as not all of them are. 

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Dani has given you a solid reading list but here are a few more:

Historical:

A Gentleman in Moscow - Amor Towles

Bila Yarrudhanggalangdhuray (River of Dreams) - Anita Heiss
The Signature of all Things - Elizabeth Gilbert
Two Brothers - Ben Elton
Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingslayer

This Tender Land - William Kent Krueger 

The Year of Wonders & People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks…

Thanks for the list. I like reading about history.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll post some pics later, but here is their outdoor kitchen. XL egg is still mobile. Old one is built in, but I think he can roll it as well

received_410892177617620.thumb.jpeg.92164f186c6b43875bd0f204b29c015e.jpeg

Looks like they have a complete kitchen outside. Very nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Which one is it? Just curious since I'm nearby.

Table13 it’s in Addison, if you go get a reservation and ask for a booth . We have a standing reservation for Wednesday and also go other days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Casa de Rory

IMG_2645.jpg.e9a5ae7aad0a93fc362df174c7a5f1e9.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg.a29ad39b73e6e5b7ee284ae8fa1eac8b.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg.4cc42a16e3f5b80b5f90d3011af1434e.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg.b27cbe14941b7119718e5e9bfa687d9d.jpg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpg.a7406765103eb9104e46c937d43619a5.jpg

Kinda looks familiar😉

20220610_160850.thumb.jpg.737ddfdb296a01dfd36a3f3c4b6b868d.jpg

Hello Penny

received_1039532286956806.thumb.jpeg.44add41051a8c9403d7675d361fc645b.jpeg

received_1124800514917033.thumb.jpeg.38ad36f6bb30446a031f8b8a6fd4f45c.jpeg

Fire pit thingy

received_3215083992144462.thumb.jpeg.271bd5680b3ba0fc53073e1210f01f91.jpeg

Not a bad looking shack. 👌 🙂😇

Seriously,  it's beautiful and well deserved for sure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son came home, leg is still swollen so he is still on antibiotics.  Our granddaughter received three awards, a partial scholarship and a special award in honor of our friend and pastor who passed in January!!! So proud!!!

Very happy to hear that your son is home and that your granddaughter received these wonderful awards.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We arrive Sept 1st, it's an overnight. The itinerary does say New York, I believe.

Technically true as you will be sailing into New York Harbor, just parking on the New Jersey side. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We had a suite attendant that made sexual comments towards our 13 year old daughters so I complained to our concierge. He was replaced but we didn't get any compensation.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Did anyone see what happened after Tampa Bay Beat the Rangers last night while the fans were leaving?

How disgusting is this.

May both of them rot in xxxx. What is wrong with people? Such a sad time we live in. 🤬🤬🤬

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Manhattan sounds great.

You certainly can afford the Staten Island Ferry, John!  The Ferry is free for nothing!😉

Many years ago, it was 5 cents each way.  It then became 25 cents for a while, under one Mayor or other...I don't remember when, and then it became free, and has remained free since like, forever.  Which is only right, since the only way to get off of the Island is either by bridge or ferry.  The price of our bridges are totally out of control!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The guy got into another fight when another fan tried to stop him leaving the scene. I'm guessing that is why he got 2 counts of everything. Probably tanked from drinking during the whole game too.

FU5Oi3_WIAEjlqD.jpg

I hope they throw the book at him. That was so uncalled for. Also hope the guy was thoroughly checked by a doctor.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@dani negreanu  Safe travels tomorrow, Dani!  Enjoy your long-awaited cruise with your DH!  Hoping you get to personally meet Captain Kate🤞 she'll have the ship in tip-top shape for you both!😉

Have a great time with Sue and Gary.  Bon Voyage to the 4 of you!🛳️  

+4 or which ever # it is now.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Casa de Rory

IMG_2645.jpg.e9a5ae7aad0a93fc362df174c7a5f1e9.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg.a29ad39b73e6e5b7ee284ae8fa1eac8b.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg.4cc42a16e3f5b80b5f90d3011af1434e.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg.b27cbe14941b7119718e5e9bfa687d9d.jpg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpg.a7406765103eb9104e46c937d43619a5.jpg

Kinda looks familiar😉

20220610_160850.thumb.jpg.737ddfdb296a01dfd36a3f3c4b6b868d.jpg

Hello Penny

received_1039532286956806.thumb.jpeg.44add41051a8c9403d7675d361fc645b.jpeg

received_1124800514917033.thumb.jpeg.38ad36f6bb30446a031f8b8a6fd4f45c.jpeg

Fire pit thingy

received_3215083992144462.thumb.jpeg.271bd5680b3ba0fc53073e1210f01f91.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous.

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You certainly can afford the Staten Island Ferry, John!  The Ferry is free for nothing!😉

Many years ago, it was 5 cents each way.  It then became 25 cents for a while, under one Mayor or other...I don't remember when, and then it became free, and has remained free since like, forever.  Which is only right, since the only way to get off of the Island is either by bridge or ferry.  The price of our bridges are totally out of control!

The very first time I was on the SI ferry was in the summer of 1959.I was working in a camp on SI.I did not pay the five cent fare because I was on a bus that picked me up in Brooklyn and took me and other camp workers as well as campers and the camp paid the fare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son came home, leg is still swollen so he is still on antibiotics.  Our granddaughter received three awards, a partial scholarship and a special award in honor of our friend and pastor who passed in January!!! So proud!!!

Happy to hear your son is home and congrats to your granddaughter.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting lights over that island.........looks like they are floating in mid air?

I didn’t notice it until you said something. They are hanging by wires which are bent and uneven. Hope they get that fixed with all the money they spent.

59 minutes ago, derorim said:

We are doing the TA from Copenhagen to Boston in 2023.  I remembered you posted a review of your 2018 Baltic cruise so I looked it up to see what you said about your time in Copenhagen.  That review, which was done 2 years after you actually were there, was refreshing to read in 2020 when we were in lockdown.  Thanks!  Enjoy your upcoming return in August.

We are on the same cruise. We are also doing the cruise before that. Will you be on that one also?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Manhattan sounds great.

I think by that time you might just have an oar in your hand to get yourself back to Florida..............

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Manhattan sounds great.

So I guess what I'm looking at isn't correct? If arriving on a Tuesday you have a better shot of getting a slip in NYC to dock............arriving there on a Sunday, there may be no room to dock overnight getting there at 8am.

We docked one time in Manhattan coming back from a Repo...........a real Shi$ show, traffic around there is horrible. Getting a taxi there was nutso !! Was just trying to get back to our hotel(park n fly) where we left our car at to get home.

Going anywhere in NYC is an event in itself. Have no idea how people live there.

Sunday, September 1 At Sea    
Monday, September 2 At Sea    
Tuesday, September 3 New York (Manhattan), NY 8:00am  
Wednesday, September 4 New York (Manhattan), NY   2:00pm
Thursday, September 5 At Sea    
Friday, September 6 King's Wharf, Bermuda 10:00am 5:00pm
Saturday, September 7 At Sea    
Sunday, September 8 At Sea    
Monday, September 9 CocoCay, Bahamas 7:00am 5:00pm
Tuesday, September 10 Miami, FL

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t notice it until you said something. They are hanging by wires which are bent and uneven. Hope they get that fixed with all the money they spent.

I noticed that too but I actually think it is the power going to the light.  Their are three wires that support the lights but then there is also a power cable that is going down partially along one of the supports.  I would want that power cable shortened and neatened up.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@dani negreanu  Safe travels tomorrow, Dani!  Enjoy your long-awaited cruise with your DH!  Hoping you get to personally meet Captain Kate🤞 she'll have the ship in tip-top shape for you both!😉

Have a great time with Sue and Gary.  Bon Voyage to the 4 of you!🛳️  

Adding my wishes for a relaxing, fantastic cruise.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Glad to hear your son is home, and congratulations to your granddaughter.  You have every right to be proud!!

35 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

May both of them rot in xxxx. What is wrong with people? Such a sad time we live in. 🤬🤬🤬

And speaking of what is wrong with people……

When Susan and I stopped at the Big Rock Cafe for lunch the other day, there was a family that was came in and sat at the table behind us on the patio.  They had a young boy, who we found out later was in our grandson’s 4th grade class.  The whole time they were there, the father did nothing but deride and insult the poor kid, and we didn’t observe any type of behavior that would warrant such verbal abuse toward him.  I think there are far too many out there that lack good parenting skills.

ok, mini rant over.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Manhattan sounds great.

Fortunately, the S.I. ferry is free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1