Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is 85 degrees here,I just returned from a 4 block walk.It felt so good to be outside.If I was in good health I would have been walking on the boardwalk gazing at the ocean .

Perhaps some day, Lenny!  I'm glad that you have been getting out and about!

Congratulations on your granddaughter's Graduation!  Which College will she be attending?

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Yikes, how scary, glad he was OK.

Our big news here from yesterday, an 84 year old man was mowing his yard which was on a retention pond, gator came out and pulled him under.  A few hours later both were taken out of the water, gator was "humanely" destroyed 😪.

Wow!

Just now, Luckynana said:

Perhaps some day, Lenny!  I'm glad that you have been getting out and about!

Congratulations on your granddaughter's Graduation!  Which College will she be attending?

Thanks,MaryAnn.She was accepted to every college she applied to.Her first choice was Lehigh.A friend of hers just completed her first year there.

However,one of those that she applied to was more interested in her than any other.She will be a student in the Honors program of the Kelly School at Indiana University.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have two brothers.  I always said I was happy not to have a sister because there always seemed to be sister drama.  Now that I am older and my mom is gone I kind of  wish  I had  one.

I have one younger brother. He is the best gift my parents ever gave me.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have two brothers.  I always said I was happy not to have a sister because there always seemed to be sister drama.  Now that I am older and my mom is gone I kind of  wish  I had  one.

I am an only child.I was always jealous of my friends who had siblings.One of my friends in HS who I am still in contact with reminded me that she had 6 siblings and living in a two bedroom house in Brooklyn.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

You can borrow mine anytime. 😵

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sometimes I felt guilty that we could only have one child as Linda almost died after giving birth and the doctor said we shouldn’t risk another pregnancy but Jonathan seems fine with being an only child. He does get spoiled but he tends to spoil us too. He is a very loving kid. Thanks for your comments. My mom was an only child too.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

My father was an only child (his father had mumps after he was born), I am an only child, my son is an only child (his father is an only child too). My grandmother once asked me in front of my mother if I wanted a little brother or sister -  I emphatically said NO.   It does make for small family gatherings.  Talking with my friends who have brothers and sisters (all of whom have some type of drama with them) I am still ok being an only child!

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am an only child.I was always jealous of my friends who had siblings.One of my friends in HS who I am still in contact with reminded me that she had 6 siblings and living in a two bedroom house in Brooklyn.

Add me to the list of only children (my Dad was too).  It wasn’t for lack of trying or inability.  When I was 3, my Mom had a miscarriage. When I was 6, while we lived in Germany, my Mom gave birth to a baby boy with severe birth defects. He lived only a few hours. A couple of years after that, my parents arranged for the adoption of the baby of a young unwed mother.  When she went into labor, my parents got on a plane to go get the baby & complete the legal stuff. After giving birth, the young woman changed her mind and my parents came home without ever seeing the baby.  That was the last of their efforts and I can’t say I blame them.  

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sometimes I felt guilty that we could only have one child as Linda almost died after giving birth and the doctor said we shouldn’t risk another pregnancy but Jonathan seems fine with being an only child. He does get spoiled but he tends to spoil us too. He is a very loving kid. Thanks for your comments. My mom was an only child too.

Thank you for this info. Looking forward to becoming a Diamond after our next two cruises. Thanks to Royal’s double points promotion we will have achieved Diamond after only 5 cruises.

Thank you. We are proud of him. He’s a good kid.

Lived seeing your pics. Reminded me of our wonderful cruise to the Greek Isle’s for our honeymoon. Santorini was my favorite followed by Mykonos and Rhodes. So glad you had a great trip.

Sorry to hear Linda nearly died after giving birth Greg.

Pauline always had that fear and why we never had children.

All of our Sarah's friends call us her mam and dad as we are there for her emotionally and financially.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have just had dinner in the garden Room and sitting relaxing.

Pauline is sitting reading her book and I am on Cruise Critic.

IMG_20220625_181337.jpg

You have a garden room and eat the most amazing food.  That is awesome!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Add me to the list of only children (my Dad was too).  It wasn’t for lack of trying or inability.  When I was 3, my Mom had a miscarriage. When I was 6, while we lived in Germany, my Mom gave birth to a baby boy with severe birth defects. He lived only a few hours. A couple of years after that, my parents arranged for the adoption of the baby of a young unwed mother.  When she went into labor, my parents got on a plane to go get the baby & complete the legal stuff. After giving birth, the young woman changed her mind and my parents came home without ever seeing the baby.  That was the last of their efforts and I can’t say I blame them.  

My father had 15 siblings and my mother had 15 siblings.

• Like 1