Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you turn your phone horizontal, hold down on one word, then spread out on what you want to quote, it's not too hard to do on a phone.

Maybe it's me and/or my phone but I never have any luck in doing that on my phone on CC.   I'm fine with copying/cutting, etc. from laptop just not my phone.🙃

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is storming here now and very,very windy.There is a tornado watch for my area as well as a flood watch.

in the last hour it got very dark, windy and heard thunder but did not rain and the sun is shining bright again.     I wish it would rain as we really need some.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I've got a wireless charger for my phone but have never used it because my battery used to stay good all day. Now my phone is over two years old and I've noticed that it does not stay charged the whole day. What do you recommend on a cruise or an airplane where you don't have access to a plug for charging. Any good portable chargers out there?

I'm thinking of getting this one for our Alaska/Hawaii trip:

Anker 622 Magnetic Battery (MagGo)

It has a built-in stand that allows it to be both a portable charging stand and a spare battery.  While it can charge any phone via cable, it's probably only worth the money if you have a MagSafe capable phone (iPhone 12 or newer) and can attach it to the back of your phone for charging.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It has a built-in stand that allows it to be both a portable charging stand and a spare battery.  While it can charge any phone via cable, it's probably only worth the money if you have a MagSafe capable phone (iPhone 12 or newer) and can attach it to the back of your phone for charging.

You lost me at iPhone 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 I hate to hear that the AC is having problems.   I hope it is not a big deal and can be fixed.  The neighbors are having problems with their AC.  They are planning to replace it but in the mean time they are trying this.

image.thumb.png.29addf89731211ba9b88137a5d446f08.png

I offered them to spend time at our house to escape the heat.  She said,  how about we send the kids over.....

The forcast is looking better.   103⁰ forcast for tomorrow then after that no more 100⁰ weather forecasted!  Also a bunch of rain!  Saturday it is forecasted to be 82⁰!  Looks like winter is arriving. 

We were talking cucumbers last week.  I mentioned my plants were growing but not producing.   Look what I found.   They are very small but it is hope.

image.thumb.png.7c123654f645ca51026e72658063bfad.png

image.thumb.png.7c6b7a4478236dfc8a2c18bad36d921d.png

I have been working in the office all day today (my last week here).    Hopefully the AC is working when I get home.    

You have cute cucumbers😄

This weekend a lot of time was spent in the kitchen, made salsa with my garden stuff, made Eggplant parm with homemade tomato sauce too and Eggplant towers (breaded eggplant with layers of sliced tomato and sliced fresh mozzarella)   When ready to eat then drizzle with balsamic vinegar dressing.   

Baked a lemon pound cake and made blueberry sauce from our blueberries as well as peach sauce from our peach tree, large batch of cucumber salad and one of my favorites....bruschetta.  Love that majority of the items were grown in our backyard😀  

The only thing I used the oven for was the pound cake and that was early in the day before AC problems started.    When I get home in the next hour I will heat up the eggplant parm in the toaster oven.   So good!!!     

That was really nice you offered for your neighbors to hang out in your AC.🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

It would have been lovely to meet you both too.

We booked in March 2021 over 15 months ago.

Pauline is a civil servant and staff shortages and not being replaced caused this issue.

One of Pauline's team died in hospital on Saturday.

Graham.

Sorry to hear of the troubles at her work and the loss of Pauline's team mate.   May they RIP🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad it’s working now Debbie and I hope it stays that way!  They’ve been saying 90% chance of thunderstorms here most of the day but so far not a drop.  We desperately need the rain.  At least we’re only in the low 80’s today & tomorrow.  I finally opened all the drapes & blinds today; had them closed to try and keep the house cooler and give the AC a  little help.  I hate having them closed & the house dark.  

That's good to hear your temps have dropped into the 80's.    I don't mind even low 90's but I hate the humidity.     

I know what you mean, I have had my blinds and curtains closed for more than a week.    My cat Sparky hates it too, early mornings he loves to look out the window before I get up to open up the back door.    Now I hear him fighting with the blinds and trying to climb behind them.  He will be happy once I have them open again too!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Odd, I understand it's very popular in the UK. 

Sellout crowds I hear

Screenshot_20220725-173104_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f08feee287ee8de4a0997e1f23090710.jpg

I'll bet I can explain baseball in less time than you can explain cricket. Football even easier.

That is in London our capital city.

Those sports are unheard of elsewhere.

Cricket is easy when you know how it is played but if you have watched it several times on a ship and don't understand it I can't help you especially now we are not on Bella's cruise.

Football (soccer),Rugby 🏉 league and union are the main sports in the rest of the UK.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe it's me and/or my phone but I never have any luck in doing that on my phone on CC.   I'm fine with copying/cutting, etc. from laptop just not my phone.🙃

It's harder sometimes for me when the phone is upright but easier to select what you want when turning the phone sideways.  Just hold down on one word.  When it shows it's ready to copy, extend it.

Do you think I am getting  my hopes up for nothing on my cucumbers.   I thought about starting over until I saw what looks like a couple trying to start.  They are about 1/4 inch long.  I have seen a lot of flowers for acouple weeks but these are a 1st.

image.thumb.png.7c123654f645ca51026e72658063bfad.pngimage.thumb.png.7c6b7a4478236dfc8a2c18bad36d921d.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

It would have been lovely to meet you both too.

We booked in March 2021 over 15 months ago.

Pauline is a civil servant and staff shortages and not being replaced caused this issue.

One of Pauline's team died in hospital on Saturday.

Graham.

Graham, sorry to hear that you both can not make it but fully understand the reality of the situation. I’m more sorry to read about Pauline’s co-worker that passed away. ❤️

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been working in the office all day today (my last week here).    Hopefully the AC is working when I get home.    

You have cute cucumbers😄

This weekend a lot of time was spent in the kitchen, made salsa with my garden stuff, made Eggplant parm with homemade tomato sauce too and Eggplant towers (breaded eggplant with layers of sliced tomato and sliced fresh mozzarella)   When ready to eat then drizzle with balsamic vinegar dressing.   

Baked a lemon pound cake and made blueberry sauce from our blueberries as well as peach sauce from our peach tree, large batch of cucumber salad and one of my favorites....bruschetta.  Love that majority of the items were grown in our backyard😀  

The only thing I used the oven for was the pound cake and that was early in the day before AC problems started.    When I get home in the next hour I will heat up the eggplant parm in the toaster oven.   So good!!!     

That was really nice you offered for your neighbors to hang out in your AC.🤩

Please make sure the house is cool so that I can start my drive there. I will also be bringing a lot of zip locks, and containers for left overs....yummmmm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It's harder sometimes for me when the phone is upright but easier to select what you want when turning the phone sideways.  Just hold down on one word.  When it shows it's ready to copy, extend it.

Do you think I am getting  my hopes up for nothing on my cucumbers.   I thought about starting over until I saw what looks like a couple trying to start.  They are about 1/4 inch long.  I have seen a lot of flowers for acouple weeks but these are a 1st.

image.thumb.png.7c123654f645ca51026e72658063bfad.pngimage.thumb.png.7c6b7a4478236dfc8a2c18bad36d921d.png

We're having similar struggles with our zucchini plants.  Apparently, zucchini and cucumber plants have both male and female flowers.  The male flowers outnumber the female flowers by 10:1 or more.  You need bees to pollinate the female flowers for the plant to bear fruit.  Who knew plants had sex and were into threesomes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog that leftover meal looks like no leftovers I’ve ever served, LOL.  Thanks for also posting the recipe links.  We (me & my girls) all use Ree Drummond’s mashed potato recipe which calls for cream cheese - it’s the best!

I’ve made that before. Fantastic. I love all her recipes.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We have a couple of these from Anker, that we take on cruises for portable charging.  Will charge an iPad once, or a phone maybe 4 times on a charge. 

8FEC3B5E-9A94-4BF6-89F5-552C3061B747.thumb.png.1982d9f986283aa044ad83b84341808c.png

Good to see you back, OB. 

Thanks I will check that out.

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Mines a 11 Max pro so it will not work but will when I get I get the new 14 I’ll have to see if it’s compatible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I wouldn't give up on those babies.     They are looking like they will mature into a nice cucumbers😀

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

CC has been wonky as I haven’t been able to use the buttons to react to several posts. I have thought of some responses though while I was held up from responding.

@Lionesss Your dishes are so pretty ! My favorites are those that belonged to your uncle and your wedding set.My favorite flower,besides hydrangeas,is lily of the valley. I also have a number of sets. My mother’s ,my wedding china,a fill in set from JCPenney that serves 16 and our everyday set. I gave another set of my mother’s away to a friend who admired it. She was reluctant to take it as it might have had sentimental value for me. Not really. My Mom bought it at Gimbel’s on sale and used it to extend her china set that only served 8. The dishes coordinated nicely. The friend has served us dinner on those Gimbel’s dishes. I was glad that someone would use them.

@Ozark_Kid The photo of the cucumber flower reminded me of a conversation my grandfather ,a farmer,would occasionally have with a neighboring farmer. The neighbor had immigrated as a young child from Germany and had retained his German accent. The neighbor would say , with his accent, to my grandfather,”So,John, what happens first, the flower or the cucumber?”. It was his version of the chicken or the egg conundrum. No right answer !

Lenny- We will probably watch the Yankee Old Timer’s Day. Kind of hard to realize that Derek Jeter is one of the old timers. Still miss Yogi though.

Wishing all here a good evening!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're having similar struggles with our zucchini plants.  Apparently, zucchini and cucumber plants have both male and female flowers.  The male flowers outnumber the female flowers by 10:1 or more.  You need bees to pollinate the female flowers for the plant to bear fruit.  Who knew plants had sex and were into threesomes?

I am thinking it might have been more of a heat thing.  Not sure if it's easy to see but you might be able to see the. Cone flowers in the background.   Until the last week or two there has been bees all over them.

I am just now starting zucchini plants.  I am going to replant them in the next couple days.  I have never had luck with squash and zucchini because of the bugs attacking the vines.  They say the stop coming out about by mid July they should not be a problem now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

H ,I just want to let you know that my EKG was perfect today.I had blood work and will get the results hopefully by the end of the week.However,my doctor believes that I will be fine as far as a Cardiology issue.

Are you going to be watching the Yankees Old Timers game July 30 ?

Great news Lenny. 

Unfortunately,  I'll be taking a road trip later this week & will miss the game.  

I did attend several in person a few years ago. It's great fun to watch those guys out on the field, enjoying themselves & goofing around.  Makes for a long day though. 

Edited by HBE4

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Great news Lenny. 

Unfortunately,  I'll be taking a road trip later this week & will miss the game.  

I did attend several in person a few years ago. It's great fun to watch those guys out on the field, enjoying themselves & goofing around.  Makes for a long day though. 

Bob Gibson hated playing in those tyoes of games. Didn't like people hitting his pitches and didn't want to hold back. One tough competitor 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

in the last hour it got very dark, windy and heard thunder but did not rain and the sun is shining bright again.     I wish it would rain as we really need some.   

We had lots of lightening, thunder, and pouring rain here a little after 5 o'clock.

I sure hope your AC is running as it's intended to do when you arrive home, Debbie!