Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had a busy day, splitting our time between two games at the same time.  Grandson’s team had their first loss today.  

Although the leaves have turned, and there are a ton still on the trees, we managed to bag up 22 bags of leaves today, plus a couple yard carts full.  By the time the last of them are down, we will go through over 200 bags.  

D7FFD68C-D4C2-4A30-981B-4FCF64872A4F.thumb.jpeg.9e970be43b7a9c57dc6f4ce4f9f20a05.jpeg

• Like 8

World Champs Atlanta Braves were over Matched by the Philadelphia Phillies.

Phillies will play the winner of the Padres/Dodgers series for the National League Championship Series for  trip to the 2022 World Series.

Meanwhile in the American League the Yankee fans are booing Aaron Judge. Go figure?

Division Series - Atlanta Braves v Philadelphia Phillies - Game Three

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

World Champs Atlanta Braves were over Matched by the Philadelphia Phillies.

Phillies will play the winner of the Padres/Dodgers series for the National League Championship Series for  trip to the 2022 World Series.

Amazing game today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

20D28B59-F791-4494-BB1A-82CF3D3B34C7.jpeg

Is some of the gator alive? Wondering why there is a gap between the two piles?

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

And here I was thinking Crystal ( @singinalot) was kidding... didn't know "gator" meat is edible 😕

Gator taste like chicken? My Wife and I had some when we sailed from Galveston. They are big on Fried Pickles and Jacked up Jalapenos  down there too.

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Amazing game today. 

Just loved that Inside the Park Homerun by JT Realmuto and how they showed Acuna  for the Braves just stand there and not back up his center fielder with any kind of help on the play.

Acuna is the biggest loafer I have ever seen playing baseball. He is a joke. He thinks he is so cool. I wish the Braves Manager would have pulled him out of the game and sat him on the bench.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just loved that Inside the Park Homerun by JT Realmuto and how they showed Acuna  for the Braves just stand there and not back up his center fielder with any kind of help on the play.

Acuna is the biggest loafer I have ever seen playing baseball. He is a joke. He thinks he is so cool. I wish the Braves Manager would have pulled him out of the game and sat him on the bench.

Agreed 100%.

I also just enjoyed watching Altuve strike out. Mariners might get one win yet. I also dislike the home plate camera, it sucks. It always looks foggy, but it isn’t. 

Edit, and he just screwed up the play too. 😁

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, singinalot said:

def tastes like chicken 

part of that pic was shrimp n the rest is gator

mmm dip in some chick fil a sauce 

After looking at it closer yes I see the shrimp now............what did you make the coating out of, a couple weeks ago we tried cooking shrimp in a wok and pretty much all our coating got fried off.

Your coating looked like it stayed on?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@jagsfan, Mimi, + 1 😘 🌷

@Sunshine3601, Debbie, so glad you're on the mend. Keep up the good "work", the first days are annoying, then it gets better.... so long as you've not lost your smell and taste.

I still have taste and smell.   Eric made a nice chicken stir fry tonight.   I'm finding out he really does know how to cook.

I'm back in my quarantine room for the night.   

He just took a test and still negative.   Hopefully he stays negative.

• Like 10

Hello my dear friends.  Jim and I got home Thursday evening from Halifax.  I've been too exhausted to read  any posts, or write until this evening.  I know the last time I'd posted was after having our lobster roll in Bar Harbor.  The next day we were in Portland and had a much better lobstah roll, along with excellent chowda.  That evening after having dinner in the Dining room, Jim started to feel uncomfortable.  We went back to the room and he just couldn't get comfortable....by 2:00 a.m., he said he had to go to Medical, since he was in too much pain.  The Doctor did some bloodwork and put him on an IV to hydrate him, and gave him some pain medicine.   We were scheduled to be in St. John in the morning, and the doctor advised us to get off the ship and go to the hospital there, so around 4:30 am I went to our room and packed everything up.  Jim came back upstairs around 6:30 and said we're to be back at Medical for 8:00 debarkation.  The Paramedics came on board and took Jim and I to the hospital.  Several tests were performed, and the Doctor felt it was Jim's Gallbladder.  The Doctor said it should come out.  Jim wanted to get back on the ship and thought he'd get it taken care of once the cruise was over, so we got back onto the ship.  Bad idea, since the next day we were at Sea, he wound up in the Infirmary hooked up to another IV.  Halifax was our next stop, and it became our home for the next week.   That was last Thursday.  Jim was taken to the ER and by evening was finally admitted.  Emergency surgery was performed early Friday morning.  Excellent care was given to Jim while there.  

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hello my dear friends.  Jim and I got home Thursday evening from Halifax.  I've been too exhausted to read  any posts, or write until this evening.  I know the last time I'd posted was after having our lobster roll in Bar Harbor.  The next day we were in Portland and had a much better lobstah roll, along with excellent chowda.  That evening after having dinner in the Dining room, Jim started to feel uncomfortable.  We went back to the room and he just couldn't get comfortable....by 2:00 a.m., he said he had to go to Medical, since he was in too much pain.  The Doctor did some bloodwork and put him on an IV to hydrate him, and gave him some pain medicine.   We were scheduled to be in St. John in the morning, and the doctor advised us to get off the ship and go to the hospital there, so around 4:30 am I went to our room and packed everything up.  Jim came back upstairs around 6:30 and said we're to be back at Medical for 8:00 debarkation.  The Paramedics came on board and took Jim and I to the hospital.  Several tests were performed, and the Doctor felt it was Jim's Gallbladder.  The Doctor said it should come out.  Jim wanted to get back on the ship and thought he'd get it taken care of once the cruise was over, so we got back onto the ship.  Bad idea, since the next day we were at Sea, he wound up in the Infirmary hooked up to another IV.  Halifax was our next stop, and it became our home for the next week.   That was last Thursday.  Jim was taken to the ER and by evening was finally admitted.  Emergency surgery was performed early Friday morning.  Excellent care was given to Jim while there.  

Wow, I am so glad that Jim is okay now .I am sure you both were freaking out .Hopefully he will be fine from now on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just woke up from a nice long nap on the lounge chair in the sun.   The sun and fresh air felt soo good today.   Time for more water.   

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I still have taste and smell.   Eric made a nice chicken stir fry tonight.   I'm finding out he really does know how to cook.

I'm back in my quarantine room for the night.   

He just took a test and still negative.   Hopefully he stays negative.

Sorry to hear you have Covid, Debbie.  I'm glad you still have taste and smell.  Our DD Melanie was pretty sick with Covid last week, and her husband is Positive now, but not as ill as Melanie was.

Hopefully Eric remains Negative.  What a great guy he is, cooking and taking such good care of you!

Feel better quickly!🥰

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wow, I am so glad that Jim is okay now .I am sure you both were freaking out .Hopefully he will be fine from now on.

Thanks Lenny..He feels so much better now that the gallbladder is out!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no! I am glad you are safely home now. Sending best wishes to Jim for a speedy recovery.

I am happy to hear from you. We were thinking about you and wondering.

Hugs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear you have Covid, Debbie.  I'm glad you still have taste and smell.  Our DD Melanie was pretty sick with Covid last week, and her husband is Positive now, but not as ill as Melanie was.

Hopefully Eric remains Negative.  What a great guy he is, cooking and taking such good care of you!

Feel better quickly!🥰

Thank you Maryann.  I was getting worried about you.   So sorry to hear about Jim.  That had to be very scary going to an unknown hospital. Happy to hear he is recovering and you are both back home.  ❤

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Feel better quickly!🥰

Hopefully your son in law will be better very soon.One of my son in laws was quarantined 10 days with Covid. Today was his first day out of the house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully your son in law will be better very soon.One of my son in laws was quarantined 10 days with Covid. Today was his first day out of the house.

I will go stir crazy if I have to quarantine for 10 days.  I'm hoping I only have to do 5 days and can go back to work on Wednesday.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Agreed 100%.

I also just enjoyed watching Altuve strike out. Mariners might get one win yet. I also dislike the home plate camera, it sucks. It always looks foggy, but it isn’t. 

Edit, and he just screwed up the play too. 😁

I just turned on the Seattle game for the first time, I thought the fog was rolling in.

Judge just batted for the first time..........he is doing great, 9 at bats.......8 strike outs for the Series. Very unlike Royalist.........Judge is consistent! 🤣

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Feel better quickly!🥰

Sorry to hear about Melanie.  Hopefully her husband remains mild.  Everyone at work was coughing all week.  I find out Monday if others tested positive this weekend.  

Curious, how did they work insurance in Halifax?   Did you have a travel plan for medical?

• Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I spoke to him every day .He was going “crazy”.His dog was with him nearly all the time.

I was keeping the cats out of my room until early this morning Sparky was crying at the door then when I opened to let him in he curled up with me for a couple of hours.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hello my dear friends.  Jim and I got home Thursday evening from Halifax.

Maryann, so sorry Jim was unwell and you had to cut short your long awaited cruise. This gallbladder should have had the decency to wait until the cruise's end, at least!!  Glad that he's now on the mend.

Stay healthy, take care, and big hugs (((( )))) 😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1