Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Luckynana said:

Oh no! Did you get Covid on board?

I have tested negative for Covid four times now, twice by me, twice by ship. I was having breathing issues so had a nebulizer treatment and some meds and am slowly improving. Since I had Covid like symptoms, I was put in isolation in my cabin for 24 hours until I had two negative tests. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Mine was done almost 28 years ago so I don't remember exactly how long the recovery was but it couldn't have been too long as I had to take care of 6 week old twins. My husband remembers about 7-10 days. I hope Jims recovery is easy and quick.

Holy moly!!!  How did you take care of the babies after your surgery?  One of the members of housekeeping at our hotel said she had gallbladder surgery two weeks after giving birth, and said it seems to be common after having a baby.  I had never heard that before.

Thank you for your good wishes🥰

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I tested negative again this morning and was released from isolation around lunchtime. Breathing is improving, was able to go to lunch and dinner so that is better than room service. We had a good day just chilling on deck. Thanks for asking. 😀

Wow..sorry you got sick on your cruise.☹️  It's never fun when you are sick and not in your own home.  Glad you are starting to feel better.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful family.   Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun.  🥰

One of my granddaughters posted a video of her dad cooking up a storm for their Florida State posse before tonight’s game. 
I guess cooking all last weekend wasn’t enough!

They take a couple of grills and other essentials to Tallahassee to tailgate before games. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Holy moly!!!  How did you take care of the babies after your surgery?  One of the members of housekeeping at our hotel said she had gallbladder surgery two weeks after giving birth, and said it seems to be common after having a baby.  I had never heard that before.

Thank you for your good wishes🥰

I was diagnosed with gall stones when I was pregnant and was also told it was common in pregnancy. With no family living near by and being new to the area I had no help during the day for the twins and 5 year old but I did have night nurses so I did get enough sleep to function during the day.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, I am so sorry this happened to Jim. You must have been stressed, worried, etc. beyond belief, but for the most part, it seems that you encountered caring people to help lighten your stress level. It sounds like Jim got good care and that's most important.

I hope Melanie is better and that your son in law does not develop the symptoms she had.

Try and relax now that you're home!

You were missed.

Aw, thank you so much, Bonnie!  Jim was very well taken care of, and the employees in the hotel took good care of me, also.  They watched out for me.  It feels so great to be back home again,

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have tested negative for Covid four times now, twice by me, twice by ship. I was having breathing issues so had a nebulizer treatment and some meds and am slowly improving. Since I had Covid like symptoms, I was put in isolation in my cabin for 24 hours until I had two negative tests. 

Oh man.  I am so sorry that this happened to you while on your cruise.  I bet you can't wait to get home tomorrow.  Safe home❤️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Looks like a great family get together.  We have a family reunion that they have kept going each year, for 120 years.   Of course, Covid years were not well attended.  It includes the descendants of my great great grandfather.  When those older generations had a dozen kids, the numbers really add up.

Our problem, is my family, Dick’s, and our son-in-law’s family are all first or second generation. Luckily Dick’s relatives all came except fir the Mainers. 
So the bulk of our relatives are in Scotland and Germany!

We were very happy that so many of Dick’s extended family came. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I was diagnosed with gall stones when I was pregnant and was also told it was common in pregnancy. With no family living near by and being new to the area I had no help during the day for the twins and 5 year old but I did have night nurses so I did get enough sleep to function during the day.

I can't even imagine!  My twins were about 2 months old when they both got sick and had high fevers.  Dr put them on sudafed, or actifed, one of those meds, and they both cried for 24 hours straight,  Naturally, Jim was at the Firehouse, but luckily for me, my Mom came and helped me out.  To this day, they can't take those medicines.  They are sensitive to different medicines...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

So much better right out of the water!

Gator tail in restaurants is always tough and chewy, in my experience. 

I only had gator bits in restaurant once...it was tough and chewy!

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Our problem, is my family, Dick’s, and our son-in-law’s family are all first or second generation. Luckily Dick’s relatives all came except fir the Mainers. 
So the bulk of our relatives are in Scotland and Germany!

We were very happy that so many of Dick’s extended family came. 

It sounds like such a wonderful reunion for you and Dick!!!!

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

just now…don’t worry, they let it go3ECE2C48-F5C6-425C-BD87-84FFC94269D8.thumb.jpeg.0db5ed08b4e2b2ba806fc9377bf9a7e8.jpeg

E766914B-90F3-46DF-BE7F-B5AF307CCCB1.thumb.jpeg.191b477285b200b8c8a1965a9b83ba31.jpeg

8576D35C-A89B-43BA-AC95-99283FC58314.thumb.jpeg.b40f90fc797e208c86c265c6c3f52e3c.jpeg

BF2DD4D0-75D5-44BA-A212-C5E966D8ADF7.jpeg

How big was the alligator that your friends caught and cooked?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

World Champs Atlanta Braves were over Matched by the Philadelphia Phillies.

Phillies will play the winner of the Padres/Dodgers series for the National League Championship Series for  trip to the 2022 World Series.

Meanwhile in the American League the Yankee fans are booing Aaron Judge. Go figure?

Division Series - Atlanta Braves v Philadelphia Phillies - Game Three

Congratulations on the Phillies moving on. They sure made it look easy. Great to see the crowd exceptionally enthusiastic.

Is the picture Hoskins spiking his bat after hitting a home run?  I noticed a few Phiile players were extra celebratory when they got  big hit.  Such showmanship. 😉

I forgot to record the Yankee game & missed Judge's 2 run HR. Did anybody boo?

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Hello my dear friends.  Jim and I got home Thursday evening from Halifax.  I've been too exhausted to read  any posts, or write until this evening.  I know the last time I'd posted was after having our lobster roll in Bar Harbor.  The next day we were in Portland and had a much better lobstah roll, along with excellent chowda.  That evening after having dinner in the Dining room, Jim started to feel uncomfortable.  We went back to the room and he just couldn't get comfortable....by 2:00 a.m., he said he had to go to Medical, since he was in too much pain.  The Doctor did some bloodwork and put him on an IV to hydrate him, and gave him some pain medicine.   We were scheduled to be in St. John in the morning, and the doctor advised us to get off the ship and go to the hospital there, so around 4:30 am I went to our room and packed everything up.  Jim came back upstairs around 6:30 and said we're to be back at Medical for 8:00 debarkation.  The Paramedics came on board and took Jim and I to the hospital.  Several tests were performed, and the Doctor felt it was Jim's Gallbladder.  The Doctor said it should come out.  Jim wanted to get back on the ship and thought he'd get it taken care of once the cruise was over, so we got back onto the ship.  Bad idea, since the next day we were at Sea, he wound up in the Infirmary hooked up to another IV.  Halifax was our next stop, and it became our home for the next week.   That was last Thursday.  Jim was taken to the ER and by evening was finally admitted.  Emergency surgery was performed early Friday morning.  Excellent care was given to Jim while there.  

Oh, wow! Maryann That was quite the unpleasant adventure that you both had. I'm glad that it was something that was treatable. And I sincerely hope that Jim is feeling better, and glad that you arrived home safely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Congratulations on the Phillies moving on. They sure made it look easy. Great to see the crowd exceptionally enthusiastic.

Is the picture Hoskins spiking his bat after hitting a home run?  I noticed a few Phiile players were extra celebratory when they got  big hit.  Such showmanship. 😉

Yes Hoskins spiked that bat, hahaha. I'm sure there was boos when Judge finally got a hit. 🙂 .........they are playing on the  road tonight.

16 innings, Seattle and Houston.........I hope they keep playing this game until, Monday and wear out all their players.  lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Oh, wow! Maryann That was quite the unpleasant adventure that you both had. I'm glad that it was something that was treatable. And I sincerely hope that Jim is feeling better, and glad that you arrived home safely. 

Thank you, Patti.  It sure wasn't the adventure we planned on when first boarded the Adventure!!  Jim is feeling better, he's not in the awful pain he was in prior to his surgery,  We are so happy to be home.🥰

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I just turned on the Seattle game for the first time, I thought the fog was rolling in.

Judge just batted for the first time..........he is doing great, 9 at bats.......8 strike outs for the Series. Very unlike Royalist.........Judge is consistent! 🤣

We are now into the 16th inning. Turns out it is smoke from a forest fire south of Seattle. 

Only seeing ticker scores of the Yankee games. That game might finish before the Houston one. 🤯

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

just now…don’t worry, they let it go3ECE2C48-F5C6-425C-BD87-84FFC94269D8.thumb.jpeg.0db5ed08b4e2b2ba806fc9377bf9a7e8.jpeg

E766914B-90F3-46DF-BE7F-B5AF307CCCB1.thumb.jpeg.191b477285b200b8c8a1965a9b83ba31.jpeg

8576D35C-A89B-43BA-AC95-99283FC58314.thumb.jpeg.b40f90fc797e208c86c265c6c3f52e3c.jpeg

BF2DD4D0-75D5-44BA-A212-C5E966D8ADF7.jpeg

Pretty cool  pics and timely considering tonight's dinner but I have a few questions. Was the baby alligator caught in the pool? And isn't Nate just a bit worried standing in the water where Momma alligator may be lurking?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I am watching the Yankees for the first time this year and found it difficult to recognize Donaldson without facial hair.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@Luckynana So sorry to hear your husband needed surgery and had to cut the cruise short. Glad to hear he's back on the mend and the people of Halifax treated you kindly. Being Canadian, I think it's a law. 😁😉

I think you're right about it being the law in Canada.  The people in Halifax are so friendly and helpful.  Thank you, HBE!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes Hoskins spiked that bat, hahaha. I'm sure there was boos when Judge finally got a hit. 🙂 .........they are playing on the  road tonight.

16 innings, Seattle and Houston.........I hope they keep playing this game until, Monday and wear out all their players.  lol

They are running out of relief pitchers.They are going to have to use starters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Feel free to post on the thread .All opinions are welcome.

Always the kind and considerate gentleman. Seriously.

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I gather that you are happy now with the Yankees being up 4-2.

Meantime the Astros and Mariners are scoreless in the 15th.inning.

Maybe a bit happier. But I won't be truly happy until the game is over with a Yankee win.

• Like 1