Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

So sorry to hear Debbie  wonder if it was a present from your co worker ? Think you said she had it 

Hope your symptoms are mild and you recover soon. 

Thank you.  I do feel much better today.   Thursday night and Friday were the worst of it with fever and chills.  I broke my fever and now dealing with congestion and cough which is starting to break up.   

As of Friday I heard 5 out of 20 office staff had tested positive.  I'm hoping everyone is on the mend.   Based on our quarantine rules here in the US I will be permitted to return to work on Wednesday but will have to wear a mask for at least 5 days.

I'll be happy to get out of quarantine as I'm going stir crazy with staying in the bedroom or back patio to avoid infecting Eric.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Somebody told me that a new strain of Covid is going to hit us soon and all the previous vaccinations taken will not be effective.

Not hard to believe. This is the way it's going to continue I suspect. Unfortunately, I've read that global warming could cause increased concern as pathogens mutate and evolve to adapt to warmer temps. Lots of unknown variables however going forward. 

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:
8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Bases loaded walk off, bringing in two runs. Amazing finish to the game, unless you are cheering for the Yankees. Let’s see what happens tonight. 🤞

Sorry Lenny and HB4E, you might not like my comments above. 

Why ?

@A&L_Ont

Lenny is a Met fan. To the best of my knowledge, the only other Yankee fans here are @George C and @BonTexasNY, proudly representing the Bronx Bombers deep in the heart of Texas.

Apologies if I overlooked anyone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wow. We're surely not done yet with covid, are we? Probably will never be. 

Every single person in the office was coughing and/or sneezing last week.   First one tested positive Thursday then me and 3 others on Friday.  Hopefully noone else but kinda doubt it with how everyone sounded last week.   

My Boss called today to see how I was feeling,  he said he is going to ask everyone to test before coming to work tomorrow and if they don't have at home kits to buy and he will reimburse.

I spoke with a neighbor over my fence today and she has a couple family members with covid now but everyone has cold like symptoms.   So at least this strain is nothing like the original one.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hello my dear friends.  Jim and I got home Thursday evening from Halifax.  I've been too exhausted to read  any posts, or write until this evening.  I know the last time I'd posted was after having our lobster roll in Bar Harbor.  The next day we were in Portland and had a much better lobstah roll, along with excellent chowda.  That evening after having dinner in the Dining room, Jim started to feel uncomfortable.  We went back to the room and he just couldn't get comfortable....by 2:00 a.m., he said he had to go to Medical, since he was in too much pain.  The Doctor did some bloodwork and put him on an IV to hydrate him, and gave him some pain medicine.   We were scheduled to be in St. John in the morning, and the doctor advised us to get off the ship and go to the hospital there, so around 4:30 am I went to our room and packed everything up.  Jim came back upstairs around 6:30 and said we're to be back at Medical for 8:00 debarkation.  The Paramedics came on board and took Jim and I to the hospital.  Several tests were performed, and the Doctor felt it was Jim's Gallbladder.  The Doctor said it should come out.  Jim wanted to get back on the ship and thought he'd get it taken care of once the cruise was over, so we got back onto the ship.  Bad idea, since the next day we were at Sea, he wound up in the Infirmary hooked up to another IV.  Halifax was our next stop, and it became our home for the next week.   That was last Thursday.  Jim was taken to the ER and by evening was finally admitted.  Emergency surgery was performed early Friday morning.  Excellent care was given to Jim while there.  

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, Jim's was laparoscopically removed also.  How long ago did you have your surgery?  Did it take a long time to heal?

Oh I am so sorry to hear of Jim's gallbladder issues, not a fun way to end a cruise, but glad he is doing better.  Was away from this thread for just over a day and so far behind!

I had been starting to have issues with mine as we were in the process of moving from NJ to SC.  Figured as soon as we got settled a Dr visit was one of the first priorities.  My gallbladder thought so too and moved that up even more.  Movers delivered our belongings to our house on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  I was at the emergency room Thanksgiving  night in extreme pain.  Gallbladder came out on Friday.  Not the welcome I was hoping for from SC.  

Mine was done laproscopically, they almost had to go the full route it was in such bad shape.  I was very tired for a few days and moved slower than normal for the next few weeks but recovery was not that bad.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont

Lenny is a Met fan. To the best of my knowledge, the only other Yankee fans here are @George C and @BonTexasNY, proudly representing the Bronx Bombers deep in the heart of Texas.

That would be me, HBE! We're a Yankee home here...😉

4 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Oh I am so sorry to hear of Jim's gallbladder issues, not a fun way to end a cruise, but glad he is doing better.  Was away from this thread for just over a day and so far behind!

I had been starting to have issues with mine as we were in the process of moving from NJ to SC.  Figured as soon as we got settled a Dr visit was one of the first priorities.  My gallbladder thought so too and moved that up even more.  Movers delivered our belongings to our house on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  I was at the emergency room Thanksgiving  night in extreme pain.  Gallbladder came out on Friday.  Not the welcome I was hoping for from SC.  

Mine was done laproscopically, they almost had to go the full route it was in such bad shape.  I was very tired for a few days and moved slower than normal for the next few weeks but recovery was not that bad.  

Thank you for sharing , April, about your recovery.  Jim said that's kind of what he's expecting his recovery to be, not to mention his age.  At least he's admitting to that,  lol!!

That sure was no fun for you, especially after just moving into your new home, with so much to do once inside!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for sharing , April, about your recovery.  Jim said that's kind of what he's expecting his recovery to be, not to mention his age.  At least he's admitting to that,  lol!!

That sure was no fun for you, especially after just moving into your new home, with so much to do once inside!

No, my Jim unpacked some boxes on his own, what a mistake took forever to find some things.  For some he sat me in a chair and took stuff out asking me where to put it.  Kept telling him no rush I will get it but he wanted the boxes empty.

Let Jim know all his cc friends are thinking about him.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Boss called today to see how I was feeling,  he said he is going to ask everyone to test before coming to work tomorrow and if they don't have at home kits to buy and he will reimburse.

I spoke with a neighbor over my fence today and she has a couple family members with covid now but everyone has cold like symptoms.   So at least this strain is nothing like the original one.

Guess your Boss hasn't heard you can be positive but not test positive until like  up to 3 days from now.

Chances seem really good since everyone was coughing that more then 5 out of the 20 will eventually turn up positive. If just 3 or 4 of the remaining 15  turn up positive, with everyone going to back to work, those 3 or 4 might turn out to 8 to 10 more turning up positive.

Might be best if everyone just worked from home now until EVERYONE knows for sure they are Negative.

Edited by Jimbo

48 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont

Add me to your Yankee list too.  I grew up in Montclair, NJ and went to many Yankee games with my family.  Also, I went to HS with Dale Berra and helped at many parties at Yogi's house.  One of my HS friends is director of the Yogi Berra museum.  Last night's loss was a real bummer ☹️

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont

Neither George nor Bonnie are from the Bronx.Traditionally Yankee fans grew up in the Bronx or points north.

I am a Mets fan and a fan of the Long Island Ducks.

4 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Add me to your Yankee list too.  I grew up in Montclair, NJ and went to many Yankee games with my family.  Also, I went to HS with Dale Berra and helped at many parties at Yogi's house.  One of my HS friends is director of the Yogi Berra museum.  Last night's loss was a real bummer ☹️

A bit of trivia about Dale Berra.Yogi aka Lawrence named Dale after Dale Long who made the last out in Don Larsen’s perfect game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess your Boss hasn't heard you can be positive but not test positive until like  up to 3 days from now.

Chances seem really good since everyone was coughing that more then 5 out of the 20 will eventually turn up positive. If just 3 or 4 of the remaining 15  turn up positive, with everyone going to back to work, those 3 or 4 might turn out to 8 to 10 more turning up positive.

Might be best if everyone just worked from home now until EVERYONE is Negative.

That is what my son in law who had Covid did.

47 minutes ago, akcruz said:

No, my Jim unpacked some boxes on his own, what a mistake took forever to find some things.  For some he sat me in a chair and took stuff out asking me where to put it.  Kept telling him no rush I will get it but he wanted the boxes empty.

Let Jim know all his cc friends are thinking about him.

Jim said Thank you!❣️

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Neither George nor Bonnie are from the Bronx.Traditionally Yankee fans grew up in the Bronx or points north.

I am a Mets fan and a fan of the Long Island Ducks.

I think HBE's intent was that George and I are in TX and are still Yankee fans.  But of course, Bronx = Yankee fans, and, Brooklyn = Dodgers fans    I wonder how many Brooklyn folks remained Dodger fans after the Dodgers left Brooklyn.  Many at that time switched to The Mets..

Lenny, were you a Dodger fan before they left Brooklyn?

• Like 2