Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And now, for something different, I just saw this about OB’s neighbor. 
DDBA8807-E029-4D7B-8185-8E7C4039ABF8.thumb.jpeg.ddf7fc9b7d18a26c04d4ee46109b3213.jpeg

When I saw this, I said WHAT???

I didn’t even know there was a list. 

I'll have to introduce Leonard to Olivia Benson and see if they can become friends. Maybe arrange a marriage between them?  😄

Maybe @Ocean Boy can help facilitate? 😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am backing up and cleaning out my 2022 picks from my phone. I saw this pic from Lakeside and wondered what it was.

image.thumb.png.442aa0c7d743ab9ff0e02ac177384b51.png

I'll take "Things that don't belong in a beach house rental property for $500" please, Mayhim? (Current host of Jeopardy, I think)

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Y'all... I am inordinately excited right now.  

I'm flying to Houston next week to go on a B3B on Allure out of Galveston.  This will be my first time cruising out of Galveston, and all three weeks will be going to some of my favorite ports (Roatan and Costa Maya).  

AND I JUST REALIZED THAT I CAN HAVE MY UBER STOP AT BUC-EE'S ON THE WAY TO GALVESTON FROM THE AIRPORT!!!!!!!!!

How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Waiting for a few more supplies that are needed for completion. We are going away on the 20th to the 29th this month. So  nothing will be done while we are away.  So if I had to guess completion will be the first or second week on February.

We might have a Super Bowl Party inviting some of the neighbors over for the reveal. Some of them have been asking to see it. They all knew we have been doing something over here because  a Port-a- Potty has been sitting along the driveway for months. 🙂

Here is a closeup picture of the countertop, has like almost looks like tiny broken up pieces of mirror in it which makes it sparkle as you walk around it when light is on it at night. Pretty cool . It's quartz.

Reflections of the pendant lights and beam above are showing in the pictures.

20230107_102707.jpg

20230107_102615.jpg

Jim, the kitchen is coming along nice.  Countertop looks great! I'm sure you are anxious to get the house back to yourselves after all these months.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Not bad.  It just needs a little vodka and Cointreau 😂.  

EE4B40F4-7F4B-4423-B8CD-B704797B26D9.jpeg

Deb, According to the time stamp of you posting this photo, that was just about the same time I said to Amelia that I was going to grab a beer and she looked at me and decided that she was in the mood for a Cosmo. 🤣🍸😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie came over to help out with babysitting Finnley.  She was patting on her back to help calm her down. 

19 hours ago, derorim said:

That is so adorable.  A special bond is being created.  🙂 

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That Kenzie sure is one special little girl, looks like she has the magic touch too🥰

+ 3 😘

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When you ate them raw did you eat them like coleslaw or mix them into a salad or just eat them like biting into an apple.

But peel it first 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wanted to report on filing for the homestead exemption.  DH had called and so we’d assembled a lot of paperwork we were told we needed.  You have to prove you were living here before January 1, 2023.  We had the signed and dated bills of lading from the moving company and utilities bills from last year.    And the title to the house…

Well, we must look like honest people.  We were only asked to show our driver’s licenses!  Nothing else.  We were asked questions…but not required to show anymore information.  🤷‍♀️  Fine by me!!

Today DH is out buying salt for the water purifier (a learning curve…) and dropping most of our garage full of boxes at UHaul.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@DaniDanielle Marielle wishing you a fabulous birthday.  May all your wishes come true.

Thanks, all, for your birthday wishes to my daughter.  36 today and shares birthday honors with Katie Couric.  When we lived in NY, we said we would go down to Rockefeller Center and hope to get on camera.  We never did.  

When our daughter lived at home, every birthday morning when she came down for breakfast, a gift bag and Winnie the Poo balloon was at her place at the table.  Gift bag contained favorite candy,, stuffed animals, silly gifts and always mutli colored toe socks and a Winnie the Poo calendar.  Call it tradition.  Of course, dinner out and a special birthday gift.  I miss those days.  Now she does the same for her kids.  I'm glad.

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@DaniDanielle Marielle wishing you a fabulous birthday.  May all your wishes come true.

Thanks, all, for your birthday wishes to my daughter.  36 today and shares birthday honors with Katie Couric.  When we lived in NY, we said we would go down to Rockefeller Center and hope to get on camera.  We never did.  

When our daughter lived at home, every birthday morning when she came down for breakfast, a gift bag and Winnie the Poo balloon was at her place at the table.  Gift bag contained favorite candy,, stuffed animals, silly gifts and always mutli colored toe socks and a Winnie the Poo calendar.  Call it tradition.  Of course, dinner out and a special birthday gift.  I miss those days.  Now she does the same for her kids.  I'm glad.

It’s so sweet seeing your kids following traditions with their own kids, isn’t it?  Tells me those things, whatever they may be, were very meaningful to them.  
Happy Birthday to your daughter. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 7:47 PM, Ocean Boy said:

So my concern is whether this is something CC needs to fix or is it a problem that Samsung needs to fix with the operating system. As I think I mentioned at one time,  we use an app to communicate within the football team. Messaging freezes up for me since upgrading to13 UI 5. I have to go through a website to message instead of using the app. It is really annoying.

I have found a solution that seems to be working while using the Samsung Internet browser.  I switched keyboards.  When I was having trouble I was using the Samsung keyboard.  Today I thought I would switch keyboards to the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard and I have been having no problems since on CC. 

If you are interested in trying it out this is how you change keyboards. 

Go to settings, then go to General management. 

Screenshot_20230107_142331_Settings.thumb.jpg.54300c2838d049da41af709bbbc4cf11.jpg

After you click General management you will see these choices. 

Screenshot_20230107_142400_Settings.thumb.jpg.eccbc27c4be987b1408720472d32eada.jpg

First click Keyboard list and default.  There you can select the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard. After you select the MSK then you can go back and click on the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard and chose your options. 

I had no problems posting this. 

I am later going to go back to the old board to see if it still has problems.  Who knows, I may get used to this one and keep with it.

If you t

Edited by Ozark_Kid
If
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have found a solution that seems to be working while using the Samsung Internet browser.  I switched keyboards.  When I was having trouble I was using the Samsung keyboard.  Today I thought I would switch keyboards to the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard and I have been having no problems since on CC. 

If you are interested in trying it out this is how you change keyboards. 

Go to settings, then go to General management. 

Screenshot_20230107_142331_Settings.thumb.jpg.54300c2838d049da41af709bbbc4cf11.jpg

After you click General management you will see these choices. 

Screenshot_20230107_142400_Settings.thumb.jpg.eccbc27c4be987b1408720472d32eada.jpg

First click Keyboard list and default.  There you can select the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard. After you select the MSK then you can go back and click on the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard and chose your options. 

I had no problems posting this. 

I am later going to go back to the old board to see if it still has problems.  Who knows, I may get used to this one and keep with it. 

Thank you so much. I will try this when I get home.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you so much. I will try this when I get home.

I was going to edit the last post to say if you try the new keyboard, open up the message app that you had problems with and see if it solved the issue with it.