Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

College decisions have been announced to our family.  Ava will be attending URI, and Meghan will be heading to the University of Maryland.  We are so very proud of both of them, and are excited by their choices!

Congratulations to both. My daughter got her masters, going for Phd but marriage and baby came first, at UMD, beautuful campus.

25 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today all packed up with friends we headed out for our stroller walk. 

6B8E2875-0571-46F2-A218-C8C8D4E9919D.thumb.jpeg.82f6df88d3e3f9549675d3336319a283.jpeg

Then we head out down the street safely on the sidewalk. And what do we find. 
A shopping cart 

0A81AF2B-052E-4D76-A243-664BC21B903B.thumb.jpeg.6a735521c5d475dccf4906123150b4e7.jpeg

A pair of men’s shoes ( no picture)

A bagged doggie dodo ( time was taken to bag it and left on sidewalk ( no picture)

As we moved along, the university bus rolled by. 

9A2E4782-BFD2-46B2-A36E-A1F57AFC55F6.thumb.jpeg.dcbbfe373fcc4368bd2af6940d5d6620.jpeg

Then we walked thru Kroger and ended up at the park. 

I showed her the play area- as she grows older I am sure there will be one in her neighborhood. ADA31231-DB98-49AE-B328-1CD84B65EB73.thumb.jpeg.a83d2b6c9f7abf4115b619b4318828e8.jpeg

Then it was time to mozy home. 

Happy camper. 

I kinda like this new role of grandmother,  it is truly a blessing. And to be able to share in her life! A bonus. 

❤️

Best job ever, grandparent, enjoy every second.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601

I just saw noticed the chair hog thread again and if I remember right you noticed the signs on the chairs on y'alls cruise.   Do you think it was making a difference?

Yes, our sailing had the signs and I do feel like they worked.   I did not notice the usual early morning of reserving loungers at pool deck.  

Not sure about solarium as we usually do not go there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

WOW! Off the boards for a couple of days, and I’m 9 pages behind🙀.

Currently on Celebrity Solstice for a 7 night Pacific Coastal cruise.  
When I disembark on Sat., I walk over to the next pier and board Discovery Princess for another Coastal cruise.

Hope everyone is doing well. Now back to page 3622.🤪

Sounds like heaven right about now.   Hope you have great weather and calm seas.   Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I have caught Small Mouth Bass in  pond behind our house. Have not tried to eat them yet.

Sometimes even catch two at a time.  Just throw them back so they can get bigger.

20210801_114742.jpg

20210801_113449.jpg

20210801_111415.jpg

20210801_110154.jpg

20210801_111904.jpg

20210801_111927.jpg

Love that you ride the John deere to the pond😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

College decisions have been announced to our family.  Ava will be attending URI, and Meghan will be heading to the University of Maryland.  We are so very proud of both of them, and are excited by their choices!

Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to Ava & Meghan.  Wishing them all the best with their studies 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Today all packed up with friends we headed out for our stroller walk. 

6B8E2875-0571-46F2-A218-C8C8D4E9919D.thumb.jpeg.82f6df88d3e3f9549675d3336319a283.jpeg

Then we head out down the street safely on the sidewalk. And what do we find. 
A shopping cart 

0A81AF2B-052E-4D76-A243-664BC21B903B.thumb.jpeg.6a735521c5d475dccf4906123150b4e7.jpeg

A pair of men’s shoes ( no picture)

A bagged doggie dodo ( time was taken to bag it and left on sidewalk ( no picture)

As we moved along, the university bus rolled by. 

9A2E4782-BFD2-46B2-A36E-A1F57AFC55F6.thumb.jpeg.dcbbfe373fcc4368bd2af6940d5d6620.jpeg

Then we walked thru Kroger and ended up at the park. 

I showed her the play area- as she grows older I am sure there will be one in her neighborhood. ADA31231-DB98-49AE-B328-1CD84B65EB73.thumb.jpeg.a83d2b6c9f7abf4115b619b4318828e8.jpeg

Then it was time to mozy home. 

Happy camper. 

I kinda like this new role of grandmother,  it is truly a blessing. And to be able to share in her life! A bonus. 

❤️

She looks so adorable & cosy in her pram.  What’s the outside temperature today?

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love that you ride the John deere to the pond😃

Usually take that the tractor if I'm mowing the trail to the pond or my Golf Cart if the trail has been mowed.

20220621_140112.jpg

• Like 6

Early Easter dinner tonight, since that was the time we could get the family together.  

It almost looks like a Thanksgiving dinner, because everyone loves turkey. Turkey, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, baked corn, cheese broccoli, and stuffing.  And that just may be an adult beverage in the glass. 😁

0E3463BF-5D56-48CB-85C0-BDC73F670B05.thumb.jpeg.6fe08f777bee1e514fdc081f5e090458.jpeg

Daughter made some colorful eggs.  Sorry, but some were gone before I got the picture. 

EF25F7C7-867C-4B10-9A0B-DFA9C0629D9C.thumb.jpeg.0115780dd0d2c95be3b9d02bca9a5525.jpeg

What better for dessert than cheesecake?

4E0CCCA4-08C2-445D-8A57-06F7B5AF089C.thumb.jpeg.274d399335fe0921f02712db1aabc534.jpeg

And some needless snacking after with cookies. 

487D7551-1047-4992-81EF-EE442AA39F5C.thumb.jpeg.18159f3d3b93eb4700c39c3901118b43.jpeg

It is no wonder I was running a little slow in the baseball game after supper.  Me and granddaughter vs her dad and grandson, with Susan playing outfield for both teams.

5541D137-7AFE-4B0E-9B6A-021B1CA8A31B.thumb.png.44d1bc0b66333cfa6f6b34a292dd1016.png

Lots of fun, and we won by one run due to an infield error by her dad.  I think he threw the game for her. 🤣🤣

• Like 19

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

Isn’t a team from your former town playing basketball, tonight ?   We will be cheering for them however I don’t have much hope for a win . 

@George C For some unexplained reason I’m watching the city streets of NYC on TV this afternoon and noticed on a map that Le Bernadin is across the street from your fave NYC hotel . Have you eaten there ? 

My dad lived in San Diego for 50+ years.

I lived there in 1968, and again in 1976

I used to have a San Diego State t-shirt

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I have caught Small Mouth Bass in  pond behind our house. Have not tried to eat them yet.

Sometimes even catch two at a time.  Just throw them back so they can get bigger.

20210801_114742.jpg

20210801_113449.jpg

20210801_111415.jpg

20210801_110154.jpg

20210801_111904.jpg

20210801_111927.jpg

Definitely too small, but it is nice to have a captive audience in a pond.  Small mouth bass are tasty, but they are no crappie.  

JC

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My dad lived in San Diego for 50+ years.

I lived there in 1968, and again in 1976

I used to have a San Diego State t-shirt

At half time it doesn’t look good for SDSU . We moved to SD in 1972 .  No tee shirts . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NHProud said:

At half time it doesn’t look good for SDSU . We moved to SD in 1972 .  No tee shirts . 

Women's Final was more exciting then this game. All it's turning out to be is every trip down the court each team's player is fouled and goes to the line to shoot foul shots. Boring !

Don't know I can still keep watching this game for the last 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to Ava, Meghan and the whole proud family! 👏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Women's Final was more exciting then this game. All it's turning out to be is every trip down the court each team's player is fouled and goes to the line to shoot foul shots. Boring !

Don't know I can still keep watching this game for the last 15 minutes.

I don’t watch women’s basketball even though I lettered in basketball in high school. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I don’t watch women’s basketball even though I lettered in basketball in high school. 

I don't usually watch it either but the young lady form Iowa is something else.

The Lady's Final had an all time high in viewers, probably will have more people viewing that  Lady's final then the Men's final tonight.

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, George C said:

Just love that movie, I have seen it many times and currently on my dvd pretty sure I have dvd also. 

I have it in DVD and VCR as well. Not sure why I still have the VCR tape as I don't have a player but hey, never know when it may come back in style. Like vinyl records. 😁

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm sure when HBE4 sees it he'll KNOW.

One of the funniest movies of all time.

Love that movie, I can watch it over and over and still laugh at the same jokes.  I also might have a mild crush on Marisa Tomei. But I would love it even without her, just a little less. 😉😇

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

With Sawmill Gravy ??

Yeah, I saw that.  Doesn't sound appealing. All I could think of is wood chips in the gravy? Maybe little toothpicks to clean your teeth afterwards?

So off to The Googs I go:

"The term "sawmill gravy" comes from early logging camp food and old-time sawmills. It was originally made with cornmeal, bacon drippings, milk, and seasonings. This resulted in a somewhat gritty gravy; in fact, rumor has it that the loggers would accuse the cooks of putting sawdust in the recipe!"

It's on the Internet so it must be true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I don't usually watch it either but the young lady form Iowa is something else.

The Lady's Final had an all time high in viewers, probably will have more people viewing that  Lady's final than the Men's final tonight.

Do you mean Caitlin Clark ? 

Admittedly tonight’s game was not all that interesting since we lost .  And , there were lots of foul shots . 

What is more interesting is your conflict with MM on your roll call .  

Edited by NHProud
  • Haha 1

So, today was the day -- I finally met my birth father, Bill!

Bill and his brother Jack drove up from Alabama.  They checked in to their hotel, and then called me to join them.  They were waiting out in the lobby when I got there... Jack wanted to catch the meeting on video, but his shaky 81yo hands didn't quite get the job done, so we staged a repeat that was recorded on my phone by a hotel employee!  LOL

We went to their room and they showed me some pics, and then we headed out to dinner.  I had given them a list of restaurant options earlier in the day, and they somehow chose Red Lobster (I say "somehow" because those two squabble like no two siblings I've ever seen!  It's all good-natured, but they sure do pick on each other something fierce!).  

Jack and I did most of the talking during dinner... I get the feeling that Bill is the quieter of the two in general.  But it wasn't an uncomfortable situation of him not talking -- he answered questions and interjected on occasion, he just wasn't as talkative as Jack and I were.

After dinner, we went to my Aunt Linda's (their younger sister) house.  I met her and her husband, then their son came with his family, and the grandsons who live in the basement came up and joined the group, too.  The living room got pretty loud, with multiple conversations crossing the room at the same time.

Tomorrow morning is breakfast with Bill, Jack, and Linda, and my son Matthew is joining us.  I'm going to take a pad of paper and a pen and try to write down as many names and relationships as I can -- this big family thing is totally new to me!  Tomorrow night is dinner again, hopefully my son and his girlfriend can join us as well.  Then going back to Aunt Linda's house after dinner to meet her daughter who couldn't make it out tonight.  Bill and Jack head back to Alabama on Wednesday morning.  

Such a warm, loving family... and everyone accepted me with open arms, literally -- hugs from everyone.  I've already been invited out to Aunt Linda's for "Easter" dinner on Saturday before I go to work... I might make everyone wear nametags!  LOL

I took the time to look in Bill's eyes and tell him that he has NOTHING to feel guilty about -- he had absolutely no way of knowing that I ever existed.  I can tell that he does feel guilt over it, but hopefully in time it will fade.  The second he knew the truth, he stepped right up and claimed me and accepted me, which is more than anyone has really ever done for me before. 

I really do feel like I won the lottery with this family discovery. 

(And I just went online and bought five tickets for tomorrow night's Mega Millions lottery drawing, just in case my luck holds out!) 

211760753_359949302156151_644912274469664342_n.jpg

• Like 45
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

So, today was the day -- I finally met my birth father, Bill!

Bill and his brother Jack drove up from Alabama.  They checked in to their hotel, and then called me to join them.  They were waiting out in the lobby when I got there... Jack wanted to catch the meeting on video, but his shaky 81yo hands didn't quite get the job done, so we staged a repeat that was recorded on my phone by a hotel employee!  LOL

We went to their room and they showed me some pics, and then we headed out to dinner.  I had given them a list of restaurant options earlier in the day, and they somehow chose Red Lobster (I say "somehow" because those two squabble like no two siblings I've ever seen!  It's all good-natured, but they sure do pick on each other something fierce!).  

Jack and I did most of the talking during dinner... I get the feeling that Bill is the quieter of the two in general.  But it wasn't an uncomfortable situation of him not talking -- he answered questions and interjected on occasion, he just wasn't as talkative as Jack and I were.

After dinner, we went to my Aunt Linda's (their younger sister) house.  I met her and her husband, then their son came with his family, and the grandsons who live in the basement came up and joined the group, too.  The living room got pretty loud, with multiple conversations crossing the room at the same time.

Tomorrow morning is breakfast with Bill, Jack, and Linda, and my son Matthew is joining us.  I'm going to take a pad of paper and a pen and try to write down as many names and relationships as I can -- this big family thing is totally new to me!  Tomorrow night is dinner again, hopefully my son and his girlfriend can join us as well.  Then going back to Aunt Linda's house after dinner to meet her daughter who couldn't make it out tonight.  Bill and Jack head back to Alabama on Wednesday morning.  

Such a warm, loving family... and everyone accepted me with open arms, literally -- hugs from everyone.  I've already been invited out to Aunt Linda's for "Easter" dinner on Saturday before I go to work... I might make everyone wear nametags!  LOL

I took the time to look in Bill's eyes and tell him that he has NOTHING to feel guilty about -- he had absolutely no way of knowing that I ever existed.  I can tell that he does feel guilt over it, but hopefully in time it will fade.  The second he knew the truth, he stepped right up and claimed me and accepted me, which is more than anyone has really ever done for me before. 

I really do feel like I won the lottery with this family discovery. 

(And I just went online and bought five tickets for tomorrow night's Mega Millions lottery drawing, just in case my luck holds out!) 

211760753_359949302156151_644912274469664342_n.jpg

So heartwarmng!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Beechum County, Alabama?

Lol!

So a somewhat serious answer, I've been trying to think where I've had really good chicken fried steak. Most people usually can remember where they had a really good meal.  And I'm thinking it might have been in Pennsylvania.  Specifically Lancaster County, PA. It's right on the Mason-Dixon Line so it's possible some good ole Southern Food spilled across the border to the north.

• Like 3