Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, derorim said:

Your work is stunning!  I zoomed in to study the different stitches and patterns.  I love the colors.  What type of yarn did you use?  (Not that I know anything about yarn, but this looks so soft and comfortable.)

The yarn is a blend of merino and silk.  These days even straight wool can be very soft.  The yarn was dyed with natural ingredients.  I got it several years ago at a yarn crawl with no project in mind.  This was the perfect project for it.  I need to work on my DIL to be's wedding shawl.  It will be silk held with a mohair type yarn with beads.

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The yarn is a blend of merino and silk.  These days even straight wool can be very soft.  The yarn was dyed with natural ingredients.  I got it several years ago at a yarn crawl with no project in mind.  This was the perfect project for it.  I need to work on my DIL to be's wedding shawl.  It will be silk held with a mohair type yarn with beads.

I look forward to seeing your future DIL's shawl, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dpostman said:

That seemed very nice.

I'm sharing a link to a hilarious YouTube video from the "letters Live at Royal Albert Hall" series.  This is a real letter, sent to the Empress Hotel in Victoria BC, Canada. The letter is read by Benedict Cumberbatch. Your mention of High Tea reminded me of this so I went off to find it and thought you might enjoy it.

@Tree_skier may have already heard of this...

dp

very funny 🙂 

The Empress is part of the Fairmont Family of hotels and quite uppity... I'm sure seagull were not appreciated 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I didn't think I'd enjoy afternoon tea and went only because Micheline wanted to go.  It was more enjoyable than I expected.

I had the same thought until I went the first time.  I quite enjoyed it and have taken Sharron to a few over the years now.  I'd gladly go back.

• Like 1

Madrid was so very different from Marrakech. I felt immediately at home. I appreciated the lively atmosphere on the streets.

Our room in Catalonia Las Cortes hotel. The hotel is situated in an old 18th century small palace whose interior has maintained all of the original frescos, as well as the main staircase and coving. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4e5df299ba32869debcd432b5f31cac7.jpeg

We saw many buildings which were renovated, leaving out only the facade.

image.thumb.jpeg.63d9720d893c03c48b4fdc06df128272.jpeg

We immediately set to know the neighborhood.

Plaza Mayor

image.thumb.jpeg.c90e41678dc478d4a725e900a23e84c3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.713c45a19b5fd684ef501889b79a6adf.jpeg

Another nice building along the way

image.thumb.jpeg.df4f499f794021f1167acf78af5eb468.jpeg

And a nice girl who attracted the photographer's eye....

image.thumb.jpeg.ef70cd563933f7ba351c1eb87b38ab09.jpeg

• Like 26

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I think this little guy plans to join us on our South Pacific Cruise.  After a gloomy day, the sun is finally shining and it’s going to be a beautiful  sail away.B4083BDA-73BA-45D0-9B11-AE8EAC81A66A.thumb.jpeg.bc87842068dbcdceeef5074a9e253e76.jpeg

Interesting that having travel insurance for the South Pacific that covers Covid is mandatory but a verbal confirmation was only reqd at check in.  Same with negative RATS test.  Just verbal confirmation that your test was negative.  They didn’t ask to see the photo.

61DF9229-555F-4F04-BE21-B2EA19A9A03B.thumb.jpeg.59d6b27bf4999b440bf50a1e1a6a802a.jpeg

Whales were seen off Manly yesterday.  It’s the start of the season.  Going to keep my eyes peeled…

Is it too late to say Bon Voyage??🛳️  Have a great cruise!

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have several favorite restaurants on LBI.  If looking for any particular type of place I will be happy to make some suggestions. 

Thank you, Debbie!  BTW, someone from the Theater Box Office called this morning to let me know that they changed the date to the 8th for me;  same row, same seats!😊

• Like 9

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

New series of Below Deck on tonight on UKTV.

Sailing Yacht from Corfu Greece.

Captain Glenn.

Chef Adam is the only one we recognised from previous BD.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Just got in from the garden.  89⁰ Real Feal 98⁰.  I new it was time to come in when the phone wouldn't let me text Sharon.   It was to hot.

Already picking garlic scapes!  And picked a big bag of lettuce. 

image.thumb.png.014722ca65070db676f9862f84bd6e42.png

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Captain Glenn.

That aired a while ago in the U.S. I don't like Adam. He is just too cocky.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thank you for the kind words!  

Honestly, I don't know how I would have survived the past couple decades without the internet.  I have made lifelong friendships that are both "virtual" and "in real life" in a variety of different forums (not just CC) that go way beyond "friends" to the point of being family. 

Given that my actual family (other than my newfound biological father's family) never wanted me, the fact that I was able to find other people who loved and accepted me just the way I am -- not because they "had" to but rather because they actually WANTED to -- truly helped to heal my soul.  

Family is not about genetics and legalities, but simply about love.  Love conquers all!

Just saw this that a friend posted on FB and it completely fits with this post:

344769872_263094106289367_838469677104757631_n.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, George C said:

Did my shopping today , large bottle of kraken, large bottle of my favorite tequila, some scotch and cognac and 6 bottles of wine , new wine cooler is now full. 

I did similar shopping today.  Large bottle of Kraken and a bottle of Chambord (for my raspberry bourbon lemonade 😀).  I put the bottles on the checkout counter and looked at the bourbon section to see if they had anything unusual in stock. You never know what you might find.  The woman behind the counter, who knows me now, told me they had a few bottles of Buffalo Trace under the counter and asked if I wanted one.  Yes please.  Although it's just average bourbon, it's hard to get here for some reason.  It was reasonably priced at $40.

She also said there was a bottle under there with a horse on top.  WHAT????  Blanton's in my local store?  She had to check first with the store manager, who said that she couldn't sell it to me because it was reserved for someone else.  She told me it was just as well because Blanton's is marked up to $120, although I probably would have been willing to pay that.  When she grabbed to the box though, it was gold colored, meaning it was Blanton's Gold, not Blanton's Original.  For kicks, she looked up the price and it was $160.  I don't know how much better the Gold is than the Original, but $160 would have pushed my limits.  

• Like 10

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Captain Glenn.

Believe that was the first season of BDSY. Not a fan, but I can’t say I’ve been a fan of any BDSY. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more than I did. At least the scenery is beautiful! And I agree with @Ocean Boy re chef Adam.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If you noticed I tried to hide the missing Gas Range 😞  🤣

I did notice it at the time & was going to post a wise remark like "It's 10 pm, do you now where your Gas Range is?"   Now I wish I had.

But I figured I had hit my sarcastic comment quota for the day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I did similar shopping today.  Large bottle of Kraken and a bottle of Chambord (for my raspberry bourbon lemonade 😀).  I put the bottles on the checkout counter and looked at the bourbon section to see if they had anything unusual in stock. You never know what you might find.  The woman behind the counter, who knows me now, told me they had a few bottles of Buffalo Trace under the counter and asked if I wanted one.  Yes please.  Although it's just average bourbon, it's hard to get here for some reason.  It was reasonably priced at $40.

She also said there was a bottle under there with a horse on top.  WHAT????  Blanton's in my local store?  She had to check first with the store manager, who said that she couldn't sell it to me because it was reserved for someone else.  She told me it was just as well because Blanton's is marked up to $120, although I probably would have been willing to pay that.  When she grabbed to the box though, it was gold colored, meaning it was Blanton's Gold, not Blanton's Original.  For kicks, she looked up the price and it was $160.  I don't know how much better the Gold is than the Original, but $160 would have pushed my limits.  

I'm liking your dilemma.  I like bottle shopping as well.  The local liquor store has a few bottle of Yellow Spot that's calling me.  But I picked up a bottle of Red Breast Lustau about a month ago and a Bowmore 15 2 weeks ago.  I'm running out of room in my liquor cabinet.

image.thumb.png.9428c3ee4eda023e76318eb1169667a2.png

I already have a bottle of Chambord.  I picked that up shortly after having the chance to visit the Château Chambord 5 or 6 years ago.

image.png.e1b1540d188e97bdd34ef0783b4f89fd.png

dp

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I did notice it at the time & was going to post a wise remark like "It's 10 pm, do you now where your Gas Range is?"   Now I wish I had.

But I figured I had hit my sarcastic comment quota for the day.

Trucking company wanted to pick it up tomorrow between 9am and 11am but I told them no, I have a doctor's appoitment tomorrow morning, I wanted to be home so I can give it a proper  send off,so now it's going to be either Wednesday or Thursday hopefully.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think Blanton’s is ok but definitely not worth $160. I still have a bottle in my collection but I haven’t opened it yet.

Bob on another note wasn’t it you who recommended “Full Swing” on Netflix about pro golfers. It’s really good. I’m enjoying hearing what they talk about on the course. It’s a really interesting insight into the PGA.

8 minutes ago, dpostman said:

I'm liking your dilemma.  I like bottle shopping as well.  The local liquor store has a few bottle of Yellow Spot that's calling me.  But I picked up a bottle of Red Breast Lustau about a month ago and a Bowmore 15 2 weeks ago.  I'm running out of room in my liquor cabinet.

image.thumb.png.9428c3ee4eda023e76318eb1169667a2.png

I already have a bottle of Chambord.  I picked that up shortly after having the chance to visit the Château Chambord 5 or 6 years ago.

image.png.e1b1540d188e97bdd34ef0783b4f89fd.png

dp

Good taste you got there. Love the Yellow Spot. The Red Spot is really good too.

• Like 2

So the first afternoon at the Lake is washed out.  Thunder storm is rolling in.  It should be clear by about 8 tonight sunny and warm for the rest of the week.  However, tonight I've got a front row seat to watch the storm roll across the lake.  

IMG_1040.thumb.jpeg.dbcb99ba9f0b1d82050e68cd7baf411a.jpeg

IMG_1042.thumb.jpeg.9b761e2a435d5c2ddc6fbef5df032179.jpeg

• Like 20