Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations to Andrew!

Thank you!!

6 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

@TravelGirlinDallas My son in law plays the French horn professionally, so there is a career there! He went to college in Houston.

Your son is a handsome boy.

That's fantastic! 

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@TravelGirlinDallas  A big Congrats to Andrew all-around!!! 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy Birthday to Andrew🎉

Thank you! I can't believe he's about to be a teenager.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bethany, you should be so proud of your handsome son's accomplishments. And a very happy birthday to him.

[In Israel he should have been given a very big party, since 13 is "bar-mitzva" / aka grown man 😉 ]

That's right! He seems more grown every day. Sometimes that's hard for his mama.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Well done to your Andrew Bethany.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

🎉  Congratulations to Andrew!  🎶

Earning a spot in the Top Honor Band is quite an accomplishment!

🙌  Bravo! 🙌

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Congratulations. It's very impressive to play with the big kids!

(I almost didn't recognize him without the bowtie!)

Haha! 😄 I love that bowtie.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@TravelGirlinDallas Bethany, congrats to Andrew, a very handsome guy! 

Thank you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, your pictures, as always, are beautiful.  Glad those sandals are tied in pairs!  I had my Israeli Nimrod "sandalay tanach" Bible sandals, for over 25 years.  I didn't think they would ever wear out.

I was totally thinking the same thing.  I had to look closely to seem them banded together. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just back from a wedding in NY.  Lovely wedding.  They had a Memorial Table I guess it's called with all the family members and friends  that have passed.  I don't recall ever seeing one of them.  It made me cry when I saw Dan's picture.  It will be 1 1/2 years next week.  

You weren't on Odessey in February were you? I was talking to a woman in the Schooner Bar with a story like yours with the loss of her husband. She was missing her dog who was at home.

• Like 1

Joebob likes when the housekeepers make up his bed.

next weeks trip to New York is shaping up nicely, Friday we have dinner reservations at our favorite Italian restaurant Becco, then tickets for Beautiful Noise , new musical about Neil Diamond, Saturday meet my friends that I grew up with then maybe another play, Sunday a play then night club show at 54 below. Monday should be fun will meet some family I haven’t seen in 40 years.

image.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 15

I can't believe what a huge deal the local news has been making about my dear friend's concerts this weekend in Foxboro MA. Security, road blocks, train schedules and on and on it goes. They said available tickets are going from $1500 - $5000. That is crazy.🫨🫨🫨

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don’t get her popularity.  She is a good showman, songwriter but her singing isn’t that great.

I don't think she is even a good songwriter. Don't care for her singing and I no nothing about her showmanship. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't believe what a huge deal the local news has been making about my dear friend's concerts this weekend in Foxboro MA. Security, road blocks, train schedules and on and on it goes. They said available tickets are going from $1500 - $5000. That is crazy.🫨🫨🫨

Surely she is giving you a free ticket.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Andrew is in 6th grade, and he just earned a spot in his middle school's top Honor Band for next year. We are so proud of him. The top band is made up of mostly 8th graders, so it's a big deal for him since he is younger. I was heavily involved in music in my younger years, I even initially majored in music in college before switching to accounting, so it really makes me happy to see him enjoying band so much.

Baseball season (rec league) is wrapping up right now, and then next year he'll be school athletics for the first time. (The schools here don't offer athletics until 7th grade.) He is going to play football, basketball, and run track. 

My baby will be 13 in two weeks!

WilsonAndrew.thumb.jpeg.257c56372264e183185cfbd619cd92c8.jpeg

IMG_0426.thumb.jpg.99edf1ceea07702ed86c8b6c2a50b3f2.jpg

Congratulations to Andrew and the proud parents. 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had all the same news when she had 3 shows in Philadelphia this past weekend.     No way would my parents ever pay that to send me to a concert.  In fact, they never paid for any concerts I went to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had all the same news when she had 3 shows in Philadelphia this past weekend.     No way would my parents ever pay that to send me to a concert.  In fact, they never paid for any concerts I went to.

Some tickets went as high as $15,000 per ticket in Philadelphia.. Heard that on WIP radio.

https://6abc.com/three-night-taylor-swift-concert-lincoln-financial-field-philadelphia-businesses-hotel-industry/13231695/

Darn looks like I missed a gokd episode of survivor. I used to never miss it but got out of the habit.

Lovely wedding and lots of birthdays..congrats to everyone.

I have said I inherited a LOT of not quite done quilts, no backing. Quilt tops. My cinn cousin used to send mom  material all the time so I am planning a trip to cinn and maybe another to new mexico to distribute to the other side of the family to those who will love them like i do.

I am driving 3 days up, Memphis then by mammoth caves, horse cave city. Then cinn. Leaving june 7th. Arriving june 9th, my cousins birthday. I have 3 more cousins close who she will invite over Saturday for a family dinner of us cousins. 

I have a SUV but dont know how many I can fit in my car. I'll unload them and my car will be empty coming home. Last time i picked out a mammoth cave hike. Not sure what I'm up to this time, not in as good of shape. Some have over 50 and over 100 stairs to climb. See if I can find something easy at mammoth cave. 

My cousin downsized a few years ago. They had 18 acres with a lake and moved to 1.5 acres and a great buy on a house that backs up to average. And there is a nature preserve close by you join yearly and they can walk over almost daily and bird watch and walk without the upkeep. I havent seen their new house yet. It was such a great deal her husband put off cancer surgery and they grabbed the new place and got closed. Then he had his surgery. I havent seen them since. 

• Like 7

I'm staying right there at mammoth caves both directions. I did onyx cave last time, so want a different one. Frozen Niagara is the only one less than 130 stairs and it's not open until fall. Not open now. Gotta pick a different one. 130 stairs sounds like a lot to me.. it's the stairs not the walking I'm unsure of. 

I booked a hotel already at horse cave city.. I can do a extra day there driving home .. hmmm. nothing marked easy. Well maybe the accessible but dont want that one. Just pick one?

20230517_225211832.jpeg

20230517_225326582.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

@firefly333 Frozen Niagra sounds good! I understand what you mean about stairs. 😊

Yes as I said it's not offered right now, its offered fall of 2023. I'll be there in june. No way I'm doing 400 or even 600 stairs. I did onyx cave last time which only says 40 stairs. It's not part of mammoth cave but is inside the national park. Onyx cave was added later like 1920. I'd love to see mammoth cave but 130 stairs or more sounds like too much for me. The accessible tour still covers 1/2 mile. I'd love to see more. But the ones that sound possible arent offered right now.

I dragged my sister on a cane through Carlsbad but it doesnt have tours like mammoth caves. And when it says stairs, these are stone steps that may or may not be wet and covered in sand or dirt. I'm sure my parents took me too but I dont remember it very well. 

Wish I was younger and in better shape. I'll be right there. 

• Like 5